Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Lugano

Y‘all haven’t been paying attention? As if Ukraine would let anyone take this away from them haha. They will do everything in oder to make it possible so yea, the BBC shouldn’t get too excited about the prospects of hosting the 2023 edition.

No they won't.

They are in fact not going to do anything currently to make ESC possible because they have other things on their mind as you well know.
There is going to be a date of no return. If Ukraine is safe before that date they will host ESC if financially and logistically possible. If not safe or not practically possible it's highly likely going to the UK.

So, I'd say the chances of the UK hosting are about 99,99%.

ManiaMuse

No they won't.

They are in fact not going to do anything currently to make ESC possible because they have other things on their mind as you well know.
There is going to be a date of no return. If Ukraine is safe before that date they will host ESC if financially and logistically possible. If not safe or not practically possible it's highly likely going to the UK.

So, I'd say the chances of the UK hosting are about 99,99%.
When do you think that date would be? End of July when the bidding process for cities usually begins? End of the summer? Or even later/end of 2022?

The bidding process for cities can be quite drawn out as well. Seem to remember it took a month or two to decide on the city in Israel/The Netherlands/Italy

Loindici

Veteran
Y‘all haven’t been paying attention? As if Ukraine would let anyone take this away from them haha. They will do everything in oder to make it possible so yea, the BBC shouldn’t get too excited about the prospects of hosting the 2023 edition.

No offense to the Ukrainians in the forum, but since the country is still on a state of emergency I don't think hosting in Ukraine is a good idea for the safety of other delegations. I suppose EBU will decide on the host country at least in June or early July which makes it less probable.

ESC_12 points

I think and I admit that I can be wrong, Azerbaijani and Georgian votes were given to the UK not because they cheated, but because the EBU wanted the UK to come second and they needed those 24 points very badly to make it 283 points (otherwise Sweden with 258 points would be the second). 283 points -24 points=259points. However, I have to see other "bad connected" countries vote to the UK. Because it makes the UK winners with a jury and second in televoting. This means that not Ukraine but the UK will be the host of the show next year as the second winners, because Ukraine will not be able to host Eurovision. Was it part of the agreement between EBU and Ukraine, I do not know and cannot say without proof and investigations, however this year's weird voting with "bad connection" of some countries directs to this critical analytical logic. We will see it if the UK, not Ukraine, will be the host in 2023.

The highest jury scores in semi-final 2 for Azerbaijan came from Spain (12 points), Germany (10 points), Serbia (8 points), United Kingdom (8 points) and Finland (7 points), Estonia (6) and Cyprus (6). So if Azerbaijan bought its place for the Grand Final or something, then that list of the most corrupt countries looks not good.

I liked the UK song and I am so proud of Sam (👍🏻👌🏻 😍), and I will be pleased to attend the ESC live in London. However, I have some doubts with "bad connection"....

Last edited:

Limone

Amen 😂☺️💙✌🏻💛

FilipFromSweden

I’m home from Torino!

We arrived on Thursday. My God the entire city is like a renaissance painting. There are also some areas more rough around the edges but overall I was overwhelmed by the fact that every building had tons of tiny details to them.

Overall some Italians were a bit rude, like we would ask how to get out of Eurovision village in simple English and official workers would respond in quick Italian.

The Spanish and the UK fans were without a doubt the biggest in amount and had a strong presence so I love that they both made top 3.

We attended the Eurovision village for semi 2. What a flop. There was only one super crowded entrance, they let you bring alcohol in but no bottle caps what so ever? I think the tv screen could’ve been bigger but the main issue was that the sound was so shit we basically didn’t hear how anybody really performed vocally.

We went to Euroclub Hiroshima Mon Amour. Stood in line for 3 hours. The bouncer told everyone in our line (of total 2 lines) that we wouldn’t get in, but Euroclub didn’t look fun anyways. Club Centrallino in central Torino is probably the best nightclub I’ve ever been in. Easy to get into as well.

I felt reborn in Torino: never before have my senses felt so strong, I felt present in a completely new way. Attending the finale live was surreal and extremely overwhelming, so it took me some time to actually believe that I was there. I thought it was silly how 15% of the seats were empty though in a small arena.

My thoughts: everything was just perfect and I know I’ve complained about the broken stage but it looked amazing. Seeing Chanels choreography so upclose and getting to dance to :ua: :md: :cz: and do the clap to :rs: was a memory for life. I had tears in my eyes seeing :gr: in semi 1 on tv and I got tears in my eyes in the arena as well. As much as I love S10 I found that her performance is almost entirely made for TV and not really an audience.

About the winner: I’m not too bothered. I love Ukraine’s song and it was just amazing to witness the performance live, but I don’t like the way they won. 439 points? That’s just silly and it feels a bit like Eurovision’s integrity got slightly damaged. I celebrate Ukraine’s win but in my eyes United Kingdom won. I’m not saying they’re robbed or whatever but that’s just my idea of it all, and I’d rank the UK as 15th best. Would it be too controversial to say Ukraine should’ve perhaps taken part this year but not as a contestant?

Also what was up with Måneskin doing TWO new songs but not Zitti E Buoni? They rocked and made me jump even though I was out of energy but I feel like performing the previous winning song should stay a tradition.
leQ1Uzd.jpg

rU5ttkS.jpg

nofuxCZ

We attended the Eurovision village for semi 2. What a flop. There was only one super crowded entrance, they let you bring alcohol in but no bottle caps what so ever? I think the tv screen could’ve been bigger but the main issue was that the sound was so shit we basically didn’t hear how anybody really performed vocally.

The entrance was crowded while I was there for semi 1 but the queues were moving quickly so didn't bother me much.
It's true about the sound, it was good only at the front. At the back you couldn't hear much. But the atmosphere and people singing/dancing was amazing :)

nofuxCZ

I think and I admit that I can be wrong, Azerbaijani and Georgian votes were given to the UK not because they cheated, but because the EBU wanted the UK to come second and they needed those 24 points very badly to make it 283 points (otherwise Sweden with 258 points would be the second). 283 points -24 points=259points. However, I have to see other "bad connected" countries vote to the UK. Because it makes the UK winners with a jury and second in televoting. This means that not Ukraine but the UK will be the host of the show next year as the second winners, because Ukraine will not be able to host Eurovision. Was it part of the agreement between EBU and Ukraine, I do not know and cannot say without proof and investigations, however this year's weird voting with "bad connection" of some countries directs to this critical analytical logic. We will see it if the UK, not Ukraine, will be the host in 2023.

The highest jury scores in semi-final 2 for Azerbaijan came from Spain (12 points), Germany (10 points), Serbia (8 points), United Kingdom (8 points) and Finland (7 points), Estonia (6) and Cyprus (6). So if Azerbaijan bought its place for the Grand Final or something, then that list of the most corrupt countries looks not good.

I liked the UK song and I am so proud of Sam (👍🏻👌🏻 😍), and I will be pleased to attend the ESC live in London. However, I have some doubts with "bad connection"....

Read this
https://www.reddit.com/r/eurovision/comments/uq9n1e
and then this

https://www.reddit.com/r/eurovision/comments/uqk9xy

Zerocalcare

I’m home from Torino!

We arrived on Thursday. My God the entire city is like a renaissance painting. There are also some areas more rough around the edges but overall I was overwhelmed by the fact that every building had tons of tiny details to them.

Overall some Italians were a bit rude, like we would ask how to get out of Eurovision village in simple English and official workers would respond in quick Italian.

The Spanish and the UK fans were without a doubt the biggest in amount and had a strong presence so I love that they both made top 3.

We went to Euroclub Hiroshima Mon Amour. Stood in line for 3 hours. The bouncer told everyone in our line (of total 2 lines) that we wouldn’t get in, but Euroclub didn’t look fun anyways. Club Centrallino in central Torino is probably the best nightclub I’ve ever been in. Easy to get into as well.

I felt reborn in Torino: never before have my senses felt so strong, I felt present in a completely new way. Attending the finale live was surreal and extremely overwhelming, so it took me some time to actually believe that I was there. I thought it was silly how 15% of the seats were empty though in a small arena.

My thoughts: everything was just perfect and I know I’ve complained about the broken stage but it looked amazing. Seeing Chanels choreography so upclose and getting to dance to :ua: :md: :cz: and do the clap to :rs: was a memory for life. I had tears in my eyes seeing :gr: in semi 1 on tv and I got tears in my eyes in the arena as well. As much as I love S10 I found that her performance is almost entirely made for TV and not really an audience.

About the winner: I’m not too bothered. I love Ukraine’s song and it was just amazing to witness the performance live, but I don’t like the way they won. 439 points? That’s just silly and it feels a bit like Eurovision’s integrity got slightly damaged. I celebrate Ukraine’s win but in my eyes United Kingdom won. I’m not saying they’re robbed or whatever but that’s just my idea of it all, and I’d rank the UK as 15th best. Would it be too controversial to say Ukraine should’ve perhaps taken part this year but not as a contestant?

Also what was up with Måneskin doing TWO new songs but not Zitti E Buoni? They rocked and made me jump even though I was out of energy but I feel like performing the previous winning song should stay a tradition.
leQ1Uzd.jpg

rU5ttkS.jpg
Damiano of Måneskin opted for only one performance (promotional) because, apparently, he had injured his ankle in London while shooting a video clip. But you're right, it would have been nice to listen "Zitti e Buoni" again.

I enjoyed reading your story and I'm glad you changed your mind about some things. In fact, I always think that it is better to live an experience and only then to criticize and not vice versa. Ultimately, even if it could have been done better, it was a good Eurovision.

Regarding the beauties of Turin and Italy, this also applies to us Italians when we come abroad, you don't have to evaluate them through these international contests. All you will encounter is a service and a tourist climate (which we Italians regard with contempt because "it does not speak of the real Italy"). There are clubs, specific areas, hidden beauties (unknown even to many Italians) and places to eat well and have fun that you will never know through these events. When you have the chance again, go back to Italy and immerse yourself in its infinite secrets and ask us Italians in the forum for advice. We will be happy to direct you to the best experiences. However, I hope that in Turin, if you have not tasted their traditional cuisine (from Italian I tell you that there is no Italian cuisine but Italian regional cuisine), you have tasted at least the famous gianduiotto and their biscuits (chocolate and also biscuits Piedmontese are delicious). Regarding the people of Turin in general, I don't know if you have spoken to the staff of the premises and the people who orbited the event, but they are never rude. Do you want to know an Italian saying about the Turinese and Piedmontese in general? It is said that they are "fake and courteous' haha. They are always polite and ready to welcome you but when you are no longer a guest they will gossip about you haha.

A warm greeting xlovexwave

luli

Honestly we don’t know what the result would have looked without the war. Can we just all agree that :ua: would have got only between 200-300 points in the televoting then? I think that’s pretty clear. As for that it would have been a way more close result.

I think that was also the biggest painpoint of yesterday - the result being extremely anticlimactic after :ua: televote announcement
Less. I think between 150-200 points in the televoting.

midnightsun

Veteran

Phew. That leaves a sour taste.

I mean, we don’t know yet if there were really any irregularities in the voting pattern (I wouldn’t at least rule that out to be honest) BUT the points they used instead are ridiculous! It was already in 2019 when they decided the points of the Belarussian jury by "aggregating the points based on other voting patterns" (and we knew who really got the points) and now giving ALL their high points to Sweden and Australia? Come on…

And to anyone who thinks the ESC result is not based on politics, personal stories, "pity stories" etc. should rewatch all contests that were ever broadcast and check the background information of participants/countries and then watch the results again. How many winners did we have that won because for reasons? Many!

Anyway, I am just glad that Ukraine won. That‘s all that matters.

No offense to the Ukrainians in the forum, but since the country is still on a state of emergency I don't think hosting in Ukraine is a good idea for the safety of other delegations. I suppose EBU will decide on the host country at least in June or early July which makes it less probable.

I think people understood Zelenskiy too literally.

He only said that ONE DAY Eurovision will take place in a liberated Mariupol.

When his statement is translated properly, "One day" reveals different meaning from what the majority understood.

lacrymea

When his statement is translated properly, "One day" reveals different meaning from what the majority understood.
Yeah. That's how I read it too. One day, as in "hopefully".

ESC_12 points

Read this

and then this
I read. Thank you for sharing.
It sounds very vague, as the whole article is based on according to some sources e.g rumours.
Azerbaijan and Georgia did not vote for each other, both gave their high votes for a different country (Ukraine). Georgia did not give high points to Azerbaijan in Semi-Final 2 either. Azerbaijan received high points from Germany, Spain, UK, Finland etc.

And since when voting for each other was banned in ESC. All these years Finland gave most of their 12 points to Sweden, there is Greece-Cyprus, Romania-Moldova 12 points exchange or Balkan countries vote for each other and Scandinavian countries for each other. Do they do this intentionally or unintentionally we do not know, however their votes are always very predictable.

I think the EBU just wanted to get 24 points from Azerbaijan (12p) and Georgia (12p) for the UK, and then they needed only 1 point to place the song second. Most likely, they also got that 1 point from the other six "bad connection" countries in order to win the jury and be second on the televoting to be able to host the ESCin the UK next year. There is no other logical explanation for all of this.

Both Ukraine and the UK are the winners. I do not mind victory for Ukraine and hosting a show in London. I am sure it will be one of the best host show.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Tbh all these rumours and what ifs leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I see so many tweets, posts etc from Spanish eurofans (shock) saying the most horrendous things about Ukraine, their war etc and all because they come 3rd - and they have been using the results made without Ukraine in it as ammunition. Not only that them and others have been also attacking Sam and UK with this jury scandal, it feels like its kinda tainted and there is somewhat of an active attempt to overturn that in favour of Spain or Sweden. Luckily here people are respectful but elsewhere not at all. In the case of Spanish eurofans It totally feels like they're English football fans of Eurovision. Lets rewind a few months to Benidormfest when Chanel won - she was met with so much abuse and hate because she won over Rigoberta and Tanxugueiras (who i highkey think would have come bottom 5). Now its the opposite, the reaction and allegiance is so fickle and fake. Reassess, rethink, go outside. Whatever this jury scandal is, and the EBU follow their own procedures and rules, not ones dictated by the fans I'm sure it was fairly sizeable that they felt a need to disqualify the juries of 6 countries. In fact i feel this brings more questions in over the entire jury system tbh.

Disclaimer; I made some statements about Spanish Eurovision fans, that does not reflect on our Spanish members here. Most of our Spanish members on the forum are kind, respectful and all round lovely people and its a shame you get lumped in with the rest. While other countries fans can be as obnoxious there is no denying the Spanish wrote the rules on it. To any Spanish fans on here, you know who, what I said doesn't in any way apply to you and sorry if it in anyway upset you.

eurovizian

I wish more people would do the only sane thing. Delete or avoid Twitter, it's nothing but a toxic dump and a total waste of time. Who cares what twitter people screech about today, they will find something new tomorrow? Drama, drama, drama. And in the end it means nothing.

eurovizian

Correct, that was what he said. He didn't imply in any way that the next Eurovision would be in Mariupol. We all know that's impossible, the city is ruined by the Russians.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I wish more people would do the only sane thing. Delete or avoid Twitter, it's nothing but a toxic dump and a total waste of time. Who cares what twitter people screech about today, they will find something new tomorrow? Drama, drama, drama. And in the end it means nothing.

I use it for other stuff, but such posts are constantly suggested to me because i follow some Eurovision stuff and a few forum friends here are on twitter. Its not just Twitter either, Ive seen it in comment sections of Facebook and even on reddit. So simply deleting twitter isn't the thing, besides it doesn't actually do anything to challenge the toxic attitudes. Its crazy some weeks ago the EBU posted about being kind and respectful and then there is this.

Top Bottom