Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
This is scary. I fear for all the uptempos in SF2. Imagine them being blanked out in SF1.
I have a feeling we are in for a shock on Thursday.

Can you imagine this edition being a Eurovision Ballad Contest?

Ballad contest is the juries wet dream, although some of them deserved to qualify like Netherlands, Portugal and Iceland.

Can't say the same about the clichés Switzerland and Greece though...

If we will see the juries blanking a fun party song like Austria or Albania over that super meh Swiss thing... Well it won't be the first time they destroy a party mood.

Grinch

I listened to :ch: :nl: :is: multiple times and still can't remember anything.

Let's all hope semi 2 qualifiers make more sense otherwise grand final will be quite dull.

MAD20

Apart from the qualifiers, time for some comments about the show:

- Really liked the hosts, much more natural than last year
- Stage looks weird with the black sun
- Graphics are also more than fine
- Postcards are horrible although they show stunning places
- The quality of the show itself is ages away from last year (not in a good way...)

A-lister

Veteran
And ballads will make it even if the quality isn't there? It seems like it.

Bingo! It's always an uphill battle with the juries for fun uptempo songs, even extremely bland forgettable ballads with not even good vocals or performances like Switzerland will be picked over something like Austria and Albania with some lame argument that the "quality was higher", what quality? Did I miss something? I see more quality in making people dance and have a fun time than a song that people don't even remember.

crashworld

Veteran
Ballad contest is the juries wet dream, although some of them deserved to qualify like Netherlands, Portugal and Iceland.

Can't say the same about the clichés Switzerland and Greece though...

If we will see the juries blanking a fun party song like Austria or Albania over that super meh Swiss thing... Well it won't be the first time they destroy a party

I agree with the 3 you listed. I am not a big fan of Portugal but I can see why it made it. The honesty and sincerity in the performance.

I just hope the juries in SF2 are the party kind.

Just imagine this as SF2 qualifiers:
:au::az::pl::se::mt::rs::be::me::ee::mk:

Ezio

Veteran
Good luck to the producers making a draw for the GF. Semifinal 2 has some sleeping pills to qualify as well.

And Good luck to Chanel, you go girl!

Kaz

58222a4c7c2837fac62fcb7a15eacaaebbe89cb9.gifv

The results of semi 1 don't even matter because we all know the real winner is coming from semi 2

andrea-zname.png

Top Bottom