Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mauve

Veteran

12Pointsgoto.....

I hope that the canadian song contest will take place at around after the esc grandfinal, to reduce the depression. I don't follow eurovision young dancers so this is the best alternative to make it until jesc

Looren

Veteran
I hope that the canadian song contest will take place at around after the esc grandfinal, to reduce the depression. I don't follow eurovision young dancers so this is the best alternative to make it until jesc

Well there's that jury vs televote discussion that lasts around like two months, so for me the post-esc depression hits in like August or September so around there please :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
I've never experienced a post-esc depression.

Due to the new format of presenting the votes (way too Fast, not in the right order), I need a couple of days to actually notice which televoting rank Country A got and so on. Afterwards, like @Morocco2021 already pointed out, there's enough room to bash the juries for unprofessional voting behaviour. This will clearly last until late summer and afterwards, we can fully enjoy and discuss a "host city bid" process for several weeks/months - speculations regarding Eurovision participations (hello Turkey, Kazakhstan, Monaco, Andorra) etc and before we actually find some time to be depressed, our fan favourite already will already perform at Festivali I Kenges.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Monika needs to qualify for me, I am already losing montenegro in semi 2
Oh yes, I also hope so much that Monika will qualify! She has been in my top 10 from the beginning! As for Montenegro, semi 2 is tough, there are so many favorites and I might loose two of my favorites as well (San Marino and Georgia). But let's still enjoy this week as good as possible! xcheerxyaay

Ajeje Brazorf

Due to the new format of presenting the votes (way too Fast, not in the right order), I need a couple of days to actually notice which televoting rank Country A got and so on. Afterwards, like @Morocco2021 already pointed out, there's enough room to bash the juries for unprofessional voting behaviour. This will clearly last until late summer and afterwards, we can fully enjoy and discuss a "host city bid" process for several weeks/months - speculations regarding Eurovision participations (hello Turkey, Kazakhstan, Monaco, Andorra) etc and before we actually find some time to be depressed, our fan favourite already will already perform at Festivali I Kenges.

My only Post Eurovision Depression was from March 2020 to December 2020, for obvious reasons.

eurovizian

I only get depressed when I realize that EBU still won't release 4K downloads to buy, but instead go for really awful DVDs or (sometimes blu-rays). Some time ago I put on my 2008 DVDs. Looks awful even on my old 15" laptop.

nudiecrudi

Guys eating all that stuff until Saturday

And it will not happen, but if it happens that Italy wins it again, prepare your life jackets because of the biggest social tsunami. Riots, revolutions and public petitions: get ready for them.

Zerocalcare

Guys eating all that stuff until Saturday

And it will not happen, but if it happens that Italy wins it again, prepare your life jackets because of the biggest social tsunami. Riots, revolutions and public petitions: get ready for them.
Nudiecrudi, it was prophesied in the Holy Scriptures... "If Italy wins again, the Apocalypse led by the Antichrist on horseback will begin 🐎"!

#let'ssavetheworld
#boycottItaly
#Bleahmood

🤣🤣🤣

Honestly, all jokes aside, I don't understand why all this fear and fury by some fans. For me, anyone can win and I would be happy for those who are part of the winning nation and for everyone who supported that song xclap

Hook2Hook

Am I the only one who hate those dry ice blasting? It so distracted and sounds extremely annoying.o_O
I don't wanna see any lame dry ice blasting in semi-final 2, if you want to get NQ just go ahead.

Mainshow

Veteran
Am I the only one who hate those dry ice blasting? It so distracted and sounds extremely annoying.o_O
I don't wanna see any lame dry ice blasting in semi-final 2, if you want to get NQ just go ahead.

Is that what they did during the Albanian performance? - It sounded horrible.
Her vocals weren´t on point and whenever the catchy instrumental part kicked in (the part potential televoters NEED to remembered) the sounds of these effects overshadowed everything. It was clearly a HUUUUUUUUUGE disadvantage, imo.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Is that what they did during the Albanian performance? - It sounded horrible.
Her vocals weren´t on point and whenever the catchy instrumental part kicked in (the part potential televoters NEEDS to remembered) the sounds of these effects overshadowed everything. It was clearly a HUUUUUUUUUGE disadvantage, imo.

I thought that too. This and some other stuff ruined the audio tonight. Clearly unprofessional. They did not mute any sounds other than the artist's voice.

Mainshow

Veteran
I thought that too. This and some other stuff ruined the audio tonight. Clearly unprofessional. They did not mute any sounds other than the artist's voice.

Yeah, the massive clapping from the audience didn´t help the slower songs (in my opinion). Happily, they all qualified (apart from Croatia which was a NQ straight from the beginning, though).

Top Bottom