Contact us

Eurovision 2011 participants

GRE

That's not going to happen. We had an uneven number in 2009 as well (19 vs 18) so they are not going to let turkey qualify.

I know its not going to happen..!
But remember,in 2009 Georgia disqualified after they have chosen song (Put-in).The countries were allready ceperated to the semis.

evilperson

According to Eurovision.tv sources, there will still be 43 countries in the draw on Monday. They didn't give too much information away but apparently it will be a surprise.

evilperson

^Like I said before, this is info from people working at Eurovision.tv so I don't have anything to guide you to, you'll have to take it as it is.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Ooh, I like the sound of that :mrgreen: Realistically it's either gonna be Slovakia (again :lol:) or Montenegro has found some money somehow and will be coming back, although it would be a nice surprise if it was someone else!

94ayd

I was hoping something like that would happen, as no news about the official number of participants was posted on the official site. :D

broomhelga

They posted news about there being 43 entrants didn't they but that was before Slovakia dropped out.

Schlagerman1

I am starting the wonder which coutnry is the surprise..Could be Slovakia or Montenegro, but I believe their economy isn't that strong. Could be Luxembourg, but they doesn't seem that interested. Since Liechtenstein can't join yet, I guess it is either Andorra or Monaco and the one that is most likely to pay is Monaco, if not EBU has some "sale" on their fees, then it could be Andorra. :p I want to know the pots, at least for the other countries. :p

evilperson

The allocation draw tomorrow will not be streamed either so if there really is unexpected news, we'll have to wait until eurovision.tv decides to cover it.

Milos-BC

It would be a shame if they decide not to cover it :? And surprising in case they do.

As for the "surprising country" I also think it is either Andorra or Monaco, or even Montenegro

evilperson

It's Slovakia, they are back again:

www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=23663&_t=Düsseldorf+gets+ready+for+exchange+and+draw

Pot 1
Albania
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Croatia
FYR Macedonia
Serbia
Slovenia
Switzerland

Pot 2
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Iceland
Norway
Sweden

Pot 3
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Israel
Moldova
Russia
Ukraine

Pot 4
Armenia
Belgium
Cyprus
Greece
The Netherlands
Turkey

Pot 5
Ireland
Latvia
Lithuania
Malta
Portugal
Romania

Pot 6
Austria
Bulgaria
Hungary
Poland
San Marino
Slovakia

aletem

If Slovakia won't participate, then they should move Switzerland to pot6. Why should Switzerland be mixed with the ex-yu? :mrgreen:

Top Bottom