Contact us

ESC 2014 in Copenhagen - all the news

Pawhlen

"once again, as soon as the winner is known, and it's impossible to reach him even though the voting is still on, they will announce the winner, and the voting will continue afterwards." - escextra
oh pleas no ...

At least, everyone can stop complaining about that it was SVT who brought the idea last year

Celia

"once again, as soon as the winner is known, and it's impossible to reach him even though the voting is still on, they will announce the winner, and the voting will continue afterwards." - escextra
oh pleas no ...

xgaahSOOCxjason

Why? Why? WHYYYYY?????? That was one of the biggest epic fails ever, and they'll do it again???
I'm loving this year but the contest needs to leave Scandinavia ASAP

Celia

How do you know it wasn't EBU?

Why would the EBU sabotage their contest like that? It must have been the SVT because it would take the winner a while to get on stage. That was absolutely horrendous and anti-clímax and now your Danish brothers continue the tradition, even if the Green Room is bloody close this year -.- that's a pity, because apart from some messy camera work, this edition rules.

cassio

Why would the EBU sabotage their contest like that? It must have been the SVT because it would take the winner a while to get on stage. That was absolutely horrendous and anti-clímax and now your Danish brothers continue the tradition, even if the Green Room is bloody close this year -.- that's a pity, because apart from some messy camera work, this edition rules.

Because the local broadcasters doesn't want any delays in their tight commercial schedule Therefore EBU wants to save time.....

Is escextra the only source that has written this..... has tve, bbc, ard, dr, nrk, svt ESC homepage written anything about it???????? can [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] confirm this???

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
They did it last night in the fake voting, so that's confirmation enough.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Because the local broadcasters doesn't want any delays in their tight commercial schedule Therefore EBU wants to save time.....

Is escextra the only source that has written this..... has tve, bbc, ard, dr, nrk, svt ESC homepage written anything about it???????? can @Matt confirm this???

Confirm what? I don't have the tinme to read all the posts right now, what exactly are you trying to get confirmed?

cassio

Confirm what? I don't have the tinme to read all the posts right now, what exactly are you trying to get confirmed?

"once again, as soon as the winner is known, and it's impossible to reach him even though the voting is still on, they will announce the winner, and the voting will continue afterwards."

have you heard about that???

Romeo

"once again, as soon as the winner is known, and it's impossible to reach him even though the voting is still on, they will announce the winner, and the voting will continue afterwards."

They did that in the rehearsal last night, they announced Montenegro as the winner when they could not be caught and then continued with the votes

FilipFromSweden

They did that in the rehearsal last night, they announced Montenegro as the winner when they could not be caught and then continued with the votes

Since I think it is going to be a tight race tonight they won't probably do that until there is only about 1-2 voters left.
But honesly way to ruin the excitement! Imagine them doing that 2009!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Since I think it is going to be a tight race tonight they won't probably do that until there is only about 1-2 voters left.
But honesly way to ruin the excitement! Imagine them doing that 2009!

Pmsl it would have be over at like country 25.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I did say that but obviously he wants it all official.

---

I really hope it doesn't happen tonight. It kind of ruined the whole build up.

Romeo

I did say that but obviously he wants it all official.

---

I really hope it doesn't happen tonight. It kind of ruined the whole build up.

Some people will be too drunk to do calculations and think "ooh this country could still be caught" but if they announce the winner as soon as its mathematically won then it will ruin it

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Some people will be too drunk to do calculations and think "ooh this country could still be caught" but if they announce the winner as soon as its mathematically won then it will ruin it

I never do any calculation but you get to a point where it is easy to see who will win.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yes, that is correct!

Top Bottom