Contact us

ESC 2012 FINAL DISCUSSION THREAD

FilipFromSweden

wayne you just don't get it, what the hell has a song have to do with if it repeats itself (wich euphora don't) or if it has a poor melody? According to me that is just some bull...., because when i hear Euphoria it diggs deep into my heart and makes me think of stuff. But that is just me, how can you say Love Me Back is better then Euphoria? Euphoria had snow, a singer you can't copy, a melody that is amazing, kung-fuu dancing, a ninja and i may have already mentioned her, but one of worlds most beautiful girls. What the hell did Love Me Back have? It had a boat.. so.. it had a crappy song that fits for children and it mocks Eurovision. If i was a jury i would have placed Love Me Back as nr 25, before Moldovas song. But im not suprised, Turkey always sends bad songs like in: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. And the singer Can Bonomo has a hard time pronouncing english right, he should really practise on that.

CC92

^ Mind that in the end it comes all down to individual taste. For example the only 21st century Turkish entry I do not like (in a broader sense at least) is 2010. But I would not debase someone who supported Manga's entry and surely there were a lot who did (although popularity + diaspora + stage show obviously helped a bit to get that high but that is not the point). Euphoria is not one of the types of music I usually listen to but I comprehend its appeal and admit that it is quite good on its own merits. ESC viewers (and unfortunately the jury) can 'punish' entries they do not like with bad placings. And even if that happens it does not mean they were 'objectively bad' or so, just unpopular. So no reason to fight, guys. :D

blein

Nah this eurovision was the strongest ever in terms of songs.
:es::se::it::ru::az::is::dk::cy::rs::ee::ro::al::gr::hu:
almost every song could win this eurovision
I wanted Loreen to win, but then you ask yourself what about Spain(most powerfull voice) or Italy.

Top Bottom