Contact us

ESC 2011 hosts

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
As we're just 6 months away from the contest the first rumors regarding who is going to host the show next year, BILD and DER SPIEGEL said that Stefan Raab (not that much of a surprise) and Anke Engelke would be hosting the show.

Anke's Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anke_Engelke

Stefan's Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Raab

While this is not official the NDR has not denied those rumors, either.

A-lister

Veteran
My choice for host duo would be Heidi Klum (Project Runway, Germany's Next Topmodel) & Marco Schreyl (Deutschland sucht den Superstar/German Idol, Supertalent/Germany's Got Talent)!

Heidi+Klum+Updo+Hair.jpg
image3_1198270047.jpg

After last year's (2010) disaster hosts we need some glamor and real hotties (one with international star-power and the other with charm and good looks) back to the contest. But we will have to live with Raab and what's her face it seems :( :lol:

Last edited:

Anjeza

One big NO to both suggestions :lol: I would like to see Hape Kerkeling and Nazan Eckes (well, actually I don't care about the female part, but I wanna see Hape :D)
Hape Kerkeling
Nazan Eckes

MyHeartIsYours

Two of the ones last year (the guy and the black lady) were hotties ;). Just why did they pick that witch to join them?!! :lol:

I dont really know many German celebrities or presenters but Id like Oscar Loya to be the male host - loved him!! :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran
One big NO to both suggestions :lol: I would like to see Hape Kerkeling and Nazan Eckes (well, actually I don't care about the female part, but I wanna see Hape :D)
Hape Kerkeling
Nazan Eckes

Why a big no?

Klum is a worldwide known face and is no stranger of hosting and the other is used to hosting big TV-shows. Why does it has to be a middle-age, half-ugly-half-fat man with not a much better choice of woman by his side?

In Sweden we call it "Jantelag"; if someone is good-looking and famous they should hide and in the closet and be ashamed of themselves. Sooo boring Zzzz.

Mickey

After last year's (2010) disaster hosts we need some glamor and real hotties (one with international star-power and the other with charm and good looks) back to the contest. But we will have to live with Raab and what's her face it seems :( :lol:

Seriously? I thought the hosts in Oslo were the best I've ever seen.

I couldn't care less whether they were hot or not, but they were not incompetent and were genuinely charismatic and funny.

A-lister

Veteran
Two of the ones last year (the guy and the black lady) were hotties ;). Just why did they pick that witch to join them?!! :lol:

Well the dark-skinned lady was good looking, the guy was more like goofy though and the bored other lady was just misplaced. But I think they all more or less sucked at hosting anyways.

A-lister

Veteran
Seriously? I thought the hosts in Oslo were the best I've ever seen.

I couldn't care less whether they were hot or not, but they were not incompetent and genuinely charismatic and funny.

They were pretty UNcharismatic and incompetent actually :lol: But hey! Each to their own! :)

Well... I want good-looking AND competent. I mean it's a show, why be afraid of good-looks? It's the entries that matters mostly anyways, let's have some good-looking hosts atleast to fill out the time space! :)

MyHeartIsYours

Well... I want good-looking AND competent. I mean it's a show, why be afraid of good-looks? It's the entries that matters mostly anyways, let's have some good-looking hosts atleast to fill out the time space! :)

Agree!! We want fitties! :mrgreen:

Anjeza

Why a big no?

Klum is a worldwide known face and is no stranger of hosting and the other is used to hosting big TV-shows. Why does it has to be a middle-age, half-ugly-half-fat man with not a much better choice of woman by his side?

In Sweden we call it "Jantelag"; if someone is good-looking and famous they should hide and in the closet and be ashamed of themselves. Sooo boring Zzzz.

It's not because they are good-looking why I don't want them (actually I had a crush on Schreyl when I way younger). But Heidi Klum is simply annoying a lot of people because she seems to be everywhere and Schreyl is imo only a medicore host...

And regarding Hape: The man is simply cult here in Germany :D There is also a Facebook group with over 3000 members that wants him to host the show :D

A-lister

Veteran
It's not because they are good-looking why I don't want them (actually I had a crush on Schreyl when I way younger). But Heidi Klum is simply annoying a lot of people because she seems to be everywhere and Schreyl is imo only a medicore host...

And regarding Hape: The man is simply cult here in Germany :D There is also a Facebook group with over 3000 members that wants him to host the show :D

Cult in Germany - unknown elsewhere though.

I think you should not think that "local" when it comes to the hosts. Klum is a worldwide known name and only that would draw some attention to the show, I don't know too much about the other guy's hosting abilities but he seems alright and he has the looks and charm.

But I guess it's a pretty much given that Raab will get it so it doesn't matter. But one can still wish though :)

A-lister

Veteran
^^

I would like to see a Turkish host there, but of course it doesn't need to be.

So I figured...

that's funny... you want a Turkish host when Germany is hosting Eurovision and you want Turkish artists or artists with Turk roots representing other countries. Maybe it would be more simple to just have a Turkvision Song Contest? :? :lol:

goktengri

Banned
So I figured...

that's funny... you want a Turkish host when Germany is hosting Eurovision and you want Turkish artists or artists with Turk roots representing other countries. Maybe it would be more simple to just have a Turkvision Song Contest? :? :lol:

What I think about that is none of your business and I don't wanna to make a quarrel by replying you in this topic. I won't let someone provocate me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom