Contact us

ESC 2011 hosts

evilperson

I don't think the hosts really matter to be completely honest, just as long as they can speak the languages they intend to present in, the role of the host has been scaled down quite a bit in the recent years (and for the better).

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I don't think the hosts really matter to be completely honest, just as long as they can speak the languages they intend to present in, the role of the host has been scaled down quite a bit in the recent years (and for the better).

I agree with this. My biggest concern was to have annoying/unprofessional hosts (Semis 2009, anyone?) who can ruin the whole thing but with the hosts chosen I really don't think we're going to have a problem. The hosts should really play a minor part, their job is to keep things going and announce the results. That's why Norway was so great, they didn't try to be funny or entertaining and just did what they were suppose to. So I am quite optimistic that germany will be able to do the same thing.

evilperson

^ Definitely, the 2009 semis were a complete disaster hosting-wise. I think Norway was also great and even in the 2009 final, those hosts played their part quite well. I don't know the German hosts but I hope they will follow in last years footsteps.

Milos-BC

I think that anyone from this board would've done a better job than the 2009 semi hosts :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
as long as Raab doesn't say anything offensive about any country (I think we can even bet, lol) it's ok with me :D

Sim

I also hated Ani Lorak at JESC 2009. What an annoying voice she had there:eek:

But ok, to stay on topic I'm quite sure the hosts of 2011 will do a good job!

Anjeza

as long as Raab doesn't say anything offensive about any country (I think we can even bet, lol) it's ok with me :D

I bet we'll have at least one joke about the Netherlands and/or Austria :lol:

Well, I hope the three will do a good job - although it's a bit too much Raab for me (to quote a friend: "I didn't know that next year will be the first "RAABvision Song Contest.")

PeterLPZ

I think, it´s a good choice.
Especially Anke Engelke. She is so great and I think, she will do a great job there. She can be funny and also serious. I know her since many years - I can remember her at radiostation SWF3.
Judith Rakers is very professional and looks really beautiful. I can imagine, that she is the one for the international points.
And Stefan Raab - what should I say about him, I hope he is the guy for the green room - I can imagine, that this would be very funny.

Grinch

I don't care who the hosts are or how they look like. There only 2 things I care: articulate properly & don't make dated jokes!

aletem

Raab really looks creepy on those pictures, but I do like the blonde girl with straight hair. :mrgreen:

aletem

They were great! I can't complain. Everything looked so nice and it was funny. I don't know what were people's expectations. I mean obviously, it is not Tom Bergeron hosting the show, but they deserve a credit. It was fun! I also liked the green room, especially the way the camera was presenting it.

r3gg13

I loved the hosts, they have really good humor.

Judith to Nina: I know that you are a pharmacy student, did you bring any tranquilizers :lol:

Raab almost reminds me of Andrew Zimmern, but more raw and rough.

Anke was just the best though, everything was great :D

Nothing to complain about them

whatdoyouwant

I think Engelke and Rakers did a great job, especially Engelke. I simply love her :) But Raab does not really fit into the show imo...

Top Bottom