ESC 2010 FINAL - DISCUSSION

pras

Samb

That is awesome.

samy2010

congratz Germany!! :cool:
after a many years later,you deserved the victory :D

messi11

once again greece voted with music creteria.....i mean exept for 10 and 12 points which are occupied by albania and cyprus we gave 8 points to the best dance song this year from france....also last year we voted for norway who were the best....in 2008 for russia who won....in 2007 for belarus who were the best....in 2006 for finland and romania who were awesome...i mean we have a great musical taste :D

scami

FallenAngelII said:
What's more interesting about the Romanian jury is that it gave Ukraine 1 point in the semi-final and 8 in the final. Quite the leap. Did they switch jury members or did the jurors just change their minds?

They were the same. Ukraine just grew on them :D

No idea really, maybe they just liked more the final performance. 'Cause also they didn't give points in the final to countries they did in the semi... Also have in mind that the jury vote on the rehearsal, that can make a difference also.

A couple of queries;

1. Why on the official site scoreboard are the results (along the top) arranged in alphabetical order rather than the order the countries voted? (Then you could see how the voting was going).

2. Am I seeing things or did a caption on the screen while the winner was performing say "Live from Germany"?!

Thanks.

hoersturz

Samb said:
Romania has released the result of its jury.
http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/15904

Romanian broadcaster TVR has announced the results of their national jury vote on both the second semifinal and the final of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest. In both the second semifinal and the final, Denmark was awarded 12 points.
This is how the Romanian jury voted:

Semifinal 2

12 points: Denmark
10 points: Armenia
8 points: Ireland
7 points: Cyprus
6 points: Turkey
5 points: Israel
4 points: Azerbaijan
3 points: Georgia
2 points: Croatia
1 point: Ukraine
Final

10 points: Belgium
8 points: Ukraine
7 points: Turkey
6 points: Armenia
5 points: Albania
4 points: Portugal
3 points: Israel
2 points: Iceland
1 point: Azerbaijan
The final outcome of the Romanian vote (jury+televote):

10 points: Moldova
8 points: Turkey
7 points: Greece
6 points: Armenia
5 points: Ukraine
4 points: Belgium
3 points: Germany
2 points: Spain
1 point: Albania

--

Interesting to see how the jury has given Moldova nothing, but the televote has meant it shoots up to ten points.

i need someone to explain that to me, please. how come, if for example the audience voted 12 for moldova, the jury 0, both votes count 50%, shouldnt the final score for moldova then be 6? i dont quite get it. help plz.

FallenAngelII

hoersturz said:
i need someone to explain that to me, please. how come, if for example the audience voted 12 for moldova, the jury 0, both votes count 50%, shouldnt the final score for moldova then be 6? i dont quite get it. help plz.
That's not how it works.

Let's assume the televote gave Moldova 12 points. Denmark got 12 points from the jury and, oh, say, 7 points from the people.

That leaves 10-1 points from the jury and 10-1 points 7 points from the televote. It's quite possible that all of those points went to wildly different numbers, ending up with no numbers getting more than 12 points from the combined votes (since the people's 12 would then go on to trump all other combined 12's), thus ending up netting Moldova the 10 pointer (since Denmark had more points in total than Moldova).

94ayd

Let me put it this way, both the juries and televoters award their top 10s with points from one 1-8, 10 & 12. Then they're both added into one and if for example we have:

Jury:
12 - Bulgaria
10 - Slovakia
8 - Iceland
7 - Croatia
6 - Ireland
5 - Albania
4 - Netherlands
3 - Slovenia
2 - Portugal
1 - Poland

Teleovote:
12 - Moldova
10 - Russia
8 - Cyprus
7 - Belgium
6 - Sweden
5 - Bulgaria
4 - Slovakia
3 - Iceland
2 - Croatia
1 - Ireland

Final results:
12 - Bulgaria (12 + 5 = 17)
10 - Slovakia (10 + 4 = 14)
8 - Moldova (0 + 12 = 12)
7 - Iceland (8 + 3 = 11)
6 - Russia (0 + 10 = 10)
5 - Croatia (7 + 2 = 9)
4 - Cyprus (0 + 8 = 8)
3 - Ireland (6 + 1 = 7)
2 - Belgium (0 + 7 = 7) - Don't know which one should be first
1 - Sweden (0 + 6 = 6)
---------------------------
Albania (5 + 0 = 5)
Netherlands (4 + 0 = 4)
Slovenia (3 + 0 = 3)
Portugal (2 + 0 = 2)
Poland (1 + 0 = 1)

alca

Ian2861 said:
2. Am I seeing things or did a caption on the screen while the winner was performing say "Live from Germany"?!
While Lena was performing for the 2nd time they showed for a few seconds the crowd that gathered in Hamburg (if I'm not mistaken) to watch the ESC live. They just didn't remove it in time when they showed Lena again.

FallenAngelII

alca said:
Ian2861 said:
While Lena was performing for the 2nd time they showed for a few seconds the crowd that gathered in Hamburg (if I'm not mistaken) to watch the ESC live. They just didn't remove it in time when they showed Lena again.
I believe the text wasn't even on-screen when they showed the people in Hamburg. It only appeared once Lena was back on-screen. I joked with my friends that the contest was fixed, that it was fake and was really taking place in Germany.

alca

FallenAngelII said:
alca said:
Ian2861 said:
I believe the text wasn't even on-screen when they showed the people in Hamburg. It only appeared once Lena was back on-screen. I joked with my friends that the contest was fixed, that it was fake and was really taking place in Germany.
No it wasn't. :)

Top Bottom