Contact us

Does personality come into play for you?

LalehForWD

^^ Oh thanks. Well, not a very smart reply. :/ Still, you can't demand the artists to be diplomatic or tolerant and open minded. They are not in this for their brains. Ultimately it's up to the delegation to set up rules for what can be said and what is best to be unsaid. He is representing his country after all, so the blame should really go to his management. For example Loreen got strict rules and boundaries in Baku for when she was representing Sweden and when she could be a private person with her own opinions.

chokladplopp

[MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION]

I kind of agree, but I have a hard time enjoying Aram's song after his statements. It still reflects upon homophobic and transphobic views xshrug

LalehForWD

^^ Kind of agree as well, obviously he doesn't care for the gay audience and now he must pay the price. :D

greece

I suppose that I'm the only one who doesn't care for his comments at all and enjoys his song :D

chokladplopp

^ Well, I care - me and many of my friends are negatively affected by such views about the LGBT community.

chokladplopp

I'm not lesbian so I haven't problem with his comments which were actually a missunderstaned joke

I'm bisexual and have a bunch of bisexual and gay friends (both male and female). Therefore I don't have the privilige to just look away from such comments. It doesn't matter if it was meant to be a joke or not, the damage is still done xshrug

greece

^ Well if I count whatever everyone says I would have been other person. It is just some comments. Even they came from Aram or not they shouldn't affect to your life...
Of course if you don't like the song you have every right not to listen it. But I think that some comments are just nothing if you like the singer... but it is just my opinion

chokladplopp

^ It's easy to say to not get affected by such comments, when it's not a part of one's everyday life. I face homophobic/heteronormative comments practically everyday - of course it affects the way I perceive myself.

I still like Aram's song, but I have a hard time enjoying it when I know how he views the LGBT community. What he said reflects upon homophobia and transphobia, and that's not okay.

Nikkita

Sure,even sometimes the personality becomes the reason for choosing my favourite artist of the year :D For example,i liked Anouk's song but after seeing her ''too mainstream for me'' attitude i just stopped to listen the song.I don't know why but i always feel like i have to connect with the artist if i liked his\her song.

What Aram said was just ignorant and unacceptable.It is 2014 and seeing transsexual people as a bunch of prostitutes...Like,really? But at least he took some steps to apologize for that ''joke''.And i think he could learn more by seeing the gay community in Denmark and his opinion will change after the concert.

PashonFrut

Personality will only matter to those who get to know the artist before the big show. Most viewers will watch Eurovision without knowing any of the artists. They will judge the singers based on their charisma. You can be a total a-hole yet have an outstanding charisma. It usually helps to be goodlooking or authentic (like Loreen). It has to be all in one: song + charisma + vocals + stage performance.

FilipFromSweden

Actually I don't get to know the artists that much during Eurovision, accept for Valentina who has been around for a time.
I vote for the song I want to win/qualify.

greece

[MENTION=13496]chokladplopp[/MENTION]

Well I don't know what the people say to you but it is something personal. I understand (or I think so) why you get hurt but I really think that if you like his song you should enjoy it... but if you can't or don't want I can't change your opinion

You see I answer to you with all the 3 ways :D Btw you couldn't find more difficult nick? It get me a long time to write it :lol:

FilipFromSweden

'' - he said that for him Conchita’s way of life “is not natural” and joked that he hopes his team ”will help her to eventually decide whether she is a woman or man.” He also said that he speeds up his car when passing through Yerevan’s gay district. ''

oh wow, now I want Conchita to win rather than Aram! xcheer

FilipFromSweden

Silvia Night - Congratulations xlove

The only one I can remember that put me off was the nonchalant attitude of Rambo Amadeus 2012. I used to like the song before he arrived in Baku.

Right? How can you not love Silvia Night? :lol: xheart

silvianight.jpg

silvia_nott_adal.jpg

Silvia+Night+png+cropped.png

chokladplopp

[MENTION=13025]greece[/MENTION] It's not personal as it's not directed to me personally, but to my sexual orientation ;) just as to my friends who face the same thing.

I'd rather not change my nick, no :lol: I use this practically all over the internet. I chose my nick after the most delicious piece of chocolate there is; Plopp. Milk chocolate filled with soft toffee, yum!
Cloetta_Plopp_50g.jpg

(sorry, a bit OT :p)

LalehForWD

^ It's easy to say to not get affected by such comments, when it's not a part of one's everyday life. I face homophobic/heteronormative comments practically everyday - of course it affects the way I perceive myself.

I still like Aram's song, but I have a hard time enjoying it when I know how he views the LGBT community. What he said reflects upon homophobia and transphobia, and that's not okay.

I guess it's difficult to understand the seriousness of such comments if you're not affected yourself. Probably very related to what it's like to be be abused through racism. Personally, I'm not gay and I'm not in danger for any racism, so the only thing I can be, is sympathetic and try to stay away from quick judgements of what is appropriate and what is not.

Top Bottom