escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

EscGeek

Veteran
Ok, i guess this entry isn't bad.

Or maybe it is?xthink

Other three rock songs are sitting comfortably in my top 10 at the moment while denmark is just too weak to join them. xshrug

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
brigitte-nielsen.gif

Funny enough this was my favourite from this..."line-up". Fuld Effekt lost so at least you did something lol.

Hmm... :5:

midnightsun

Veteran
Oh wow. It started so beautifully when the singer was alone at the piano…and then turned into another boring pop-punk song. 4 points.

Loindici

Veteran
I don't think it's as terrible as people tried to put it (the live version is exceptionally colorful). However, the chances of this going to doom is 50:50 with the chances of it passing to the final.

Ajeje Brazorf

Not bad, just average and forgettable... A generous :5: it's what I feel after the first few listenings. And I think it will never grow on me, unfortunately. Denmark seems to have lost it's route...

Last edited:

jatojo

Only 16.7% have given "The Show" the lowest possible score? Come on, all you Denmark haters in the ESC community, you can do better than that. :LOL:

jatojo

I don't think it's as terrible as people tried to put it (the live version is exceptionally colorful). However, the chances of this going to doom is 50:50 with the chances of it passing to the final.
I agree.

jatojo

After the live performances, it was clear to me that Reddi was the only plausible choice. They were miles better than Conf3ssions who got it all wrong with their polyphonic setup that ended up blurring the melody. Also, Fuld Effekt was too divisive, both in the style of music and also because it lacked an identifiable chorus (chorus-less songs will never have an easy way in this kind of contests). I'm happy Let It Go didn't win, as it sounded too much like a song for children (and I hate his big tattoo ...) ;)

I regard The Show as a borderline qualifier. Since it wasn't my 1st or 2nd choice before the show, I don't see the song as strong enough to achieve a major result.

jatojo

Meh. :2: But I'm still jelous that you are able to have a well produced show... :c
The general opinion in Denmark seems to be that the songs were better than the show. Mainly because the hosts wanted to be funny, but weren't. I normally like the male host though. I don't like the female host (way too much "let's laugh, not because it's funny, let's just laugh").

jatojo

Denmark dodged two major bullets by not sending the Hallelujah song or Fuld Effekt. Now Denmark can just look forward to the annual negativity from Eurovision bubble and then do much better at the contest than most people expected. :D
SO true. xheart

jatojo

Noah Fence but Fuld Effekt, as much as I love their song, was a mess live
I think the main problem was the instrumentation. Or maybe the sound just didn't reach our loudspeakers the way it was intended to. It sounded so flat.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
this should have stayed that little piano ballad song and not descend into that. It was kinda cute and sweet until then. In it's entirety it's not bad at all I guess, but I don't think it's great either. Another one of my middling fillers. A nice little collection of about 12 songs at this point. In this year I wouldn't count it out yet. :5:

Franzilein

Noooo, I was so ready to rave with the hard boys, would have easily been one of my favourites this year. The Show is... fine? But nothing I would vote for, I'm sorry.

Top Bottom