Så lad os øve os på hinanden
Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
that is stupid imo. yes take their words seriously, but do not accuse someone without evidence as well that is as wrong as not believing the victim.
Absolutely! Until nothing is proven with evidence, someone is not guilty. And yes, Johnny Depp wasn't/isn't a saint, but Amber ... I don't believe her either.

tararaaam

no :)

all solidarity goes to the victims of harassment and abuse
And what if the “victim” finally is the abuser/lier?
Things are a bit more nuanced than black and white, we need to stop cancelling people before a trial. Otherwise, we can ruin innocent peoples lifes, and go back to the Colosseum times.
P.S. This is a tabloid gossip paper, can we please not take it so seriously?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
And what if the “victim” finally is the abuser/lier?
Things are a bit more nuanced than black and white, we need to stop cancelling people before a trial. Otherwise, we can ruin innocent peoples lifes, and go back to the Colosseum times.
P.S. This is a tabloid gossip paper, can we please not take it so seriously?
The law is here for that. I have my own personal values and reasons to believe the victim until proven otherwise. :)

BTW, cancel culture doesn't exist.

Iker

Veteran
Depp is not a saint and is legally guilty.

Gossip or not, I stand with victims when it comes to abuse until proven otherwise.
But Amber is a pathetic liar and masterful at manipulating, cmon. And actually there is a lot of stuff that points out that it was mostly her who was abusive in that relationship. I pity Johnny and his acting career that is effectively being ruined by her. Meanwhile she gets to act in a lot of projects even though it's been known for a while that the situation wasn't like she portrayed it.
no :)

all solidarity goes to the victims of harassment and abuse
Yeah, I also sympathise with them but that story is too nebulous for me so far and we're yet to hear Jesper's side of the story.

Funix

I cant really place Denmark this year. 0 points or 12 points. Qualify or NQ. I'm confused because I think there is a really big crowd for this - but do they watch eurovision?
But DR really need to shake some things up to a better level next year with DMGP...

For now :8: points

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Apparently the woman in the article didn't say it was him (the singer). She just said it was AN ex, and people know he was AN ex. That is at least what I'm being told. From Facebook:

In the article is mentoined a boyfriend, and it had been going on for 3 years. The girl and Jesper where together ONE year

Iker

Veteran
I cant really place Denmark this year. 0 points or 12 points. Qualify or NQ. I'm confused because I think there is a really big crowd for this - but do they watch eurovision?
But DR really need to shake some things up to a better level next year with DMGP...

For now :8: points
I don't think there is a big crowd for it outside of Scandinavia tbh. Maybe UK too but I wouldn't count on it.

jatojo

I don't think there is a big crowd for it outside of Scandinavia tbh. Maybe UK too but I wouldn't count on it.
Exactly. It just doesn't add up.

- Very few people under the age of 35 or so will vote for the song - they don't have that nostalgic feel about the genre as the older people do.
- The Eastern European countries have no relation to this kind of music.
- The Nordic countries do, but they each have their own schlager entries at their national contests each year, so they will look at the song itself and probably reach the conclusion that it's nothing special.

The concept of presenting a song which is highly inspired by a certain genre is not necessarily bad. Teflon Brothers' song is a good example, a very catchy tune. Fyr & Flamme's melody is less strong, so even if people sympathize with the 80's style, they probably won't vote for it.

Having said that, I think it's nice for Eurovision to have this kind of music - it adds some variety -, and it's nice with a song in Danish, so that people can no longer say that Denmark always sends songs with English lyrics.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
BTW, cancel culture doesn't exist.
Please educate yourself. This smug ignorance is really not it. Just because people in power can cling onto their career after the Twitter mob is done with them, doesn't mean people with less power aren't targets.

Women and minorities are hit extremely hard by cancel culture and some people already killed themselves.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Please educate yourself. This smug ignorance is really not it. Just because people in power can cling onto their career after the Twitter mob is done with them, doesn't mean people with less power aren't targets.

Women and minorities are hit extremely hard by cancel culture and some people already killed themselves.
oh no, don't get me wrong. the "cancel culture doesn't exist" is being applied to celebrities in this case. it simply doesn't exist (with few exceptions, eg natalia kills). there is a glaring difference between the treatment given to people with privileges and people without it, which requires them way more effort to overcome the "cancelation" than the privileged person. However, no, the celebrity-had-a-problematic-behavior-and-had-their-entire-career-canceled is rarely the truth. we have cases in esc (mr. convicted sex offender omar naber having a career like nothing had happened), we have cases in real life (this is a brazilian one but the singer who was on big brother and was hated by literally the entire country because of xenophobia, harassment, antisemitism, psychological torture, etc, is already being called queen and has a spot for a soap opera at globo, the biggest channel here in brazil).

"I write frequently about racism and Islamophobia and have received more death threats, calls for my firing and racist insults than I can keep track of. But when people who believe cancel culture is a problem speak out about its supposed silencing effect, I know they’re not talking about those attacks. When they throw around terms like “cancel culture” to silence me instead of reckoning with the reasons I might find certain actions or jokes dehumanizing, I’m led to one conclusion: they’d prefer I was powerless against my own oppression."

Plus, the "cancel culture" argument is frequently being used along with the "PC" argument to make remarks by minorities and the oppression they have to deal with invalid. eg: *woman talks about misogyny* person: oh but cancel culture has gone too far this world is too focused on politically correct this is not *true* change etc!!!!!! instead of........ reflect on one's privilege and rethink on your acts?

Anyway, this is already off-topic, so my inbox is open in case you wanna continue this conversation.

cassio

I think Denmark is almost out of luck in the semi maybe Iceland will give us a few points and UK a single point (back in the 80's, we got a lot of points from the UK)

From voters in semi 1 we might have got a point from: Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands (Germany and The Netherlands love schlagers and sometimes Belgium does that too)

Phoenix

Well, this sounds and looks niche enough to have a handful of fans at least. Unfortunately I'm not among them, this really isn't for me at all.

Betwixt Tales

I keep seeing "Øve" whenever I scroll past and thinking it's "Hojt Øver Skyerne" but then I remember that this won and it's just so disappointing
Um, it's not hojt øver skyerne. :LOL: The O and the Ø need to switch places. - Højt over skyerne.

Top Bottom