La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimmon

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran

A-lister

Veteran
I hope Denmark will send Ben & Tan again in 2021.

If the song is equally good or better then absolutely!

Eurovision fans seem to generally dislike the song, so better for them that 2020 edition got cancelled because part of me thinks that Denmark might have won as the entry had a very general appeal and really catchy and easy-on-the-ear.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If the song is equally good or better then absolutely!

Eurovision fans seem to generally dislike the song, so better for them that 2020 edition got cancelled because part of me thinks that Denmark might have won as the entry had a very general appeal and really catchy and easy-on-the-ear.

I try not to pay attention to the wider eurofan opinion tbh, I feel like a big chunk (not all) are basically sheep in that they follow the big bloggers opinion and what ever seems to be popular at that moment. Say Yes was so unmistakebaly Denmark but it also had a quality to it most Danish entries don't get often, while also being super catchy. I guess it could be called somewhat Juvenile but imo it was easily one of the better entries of 2020.

edit: to add, I agree with the 1st part also. It's my worry with a lot of returning artists for 2021.

rasmuslights

Veteran
yess I loved "Yes" it's actually my most played song of 2020 (i was shocked hahaha). Yes it wasn't the most original or most authentic song, but it was soo enjoyable, cheesy and fun, while not being dated or too cheesy. The best entry from Denmark since 2017. So kinda hope they return with another Jimmy Jansson bop, even tho they already said they won't do it.

A-lister

Veteran
I try not to pay attention to the wider eurofan opinion tbh, I feel like a big chunk (not all) are basically sheep in that they follow the big bloggers opinion and what ever seems to be popular at that moment. Say Yes was so unmistakebaly Denmark but it also had a quality to it most Danish entries don't get often, while also being super catchy. I guess it could be called somewhat Juvenile but imo it was easily one of the better entries of 2020.

edit: to add, I agree with the 1st part also. It's my worry with a lot of returning artists for 2021.

This! I tend to often disagree with the fandom, and with YES it was clearly one of those cases. I think what people in the Eurovision bubble often forget about is the general public and combined with juries, I really think this could have been dangerous if there would have been a 2020 edition as it has a wide appeal. I don't think it was juvenile, as you point out very true it was very "Danish" (as far as ESC goes) yet it wasn't cheesy to the level turning cringey which often Danish entries tend to be, and it also managed to balance out with a pretty up-to-date production and package.

Mimmon

Veteran

mauve

Veteran
I hope Denmark will send something strong. Even though I love Denmark (one of my most fave artists come from here and - my childhood series Olsen banden :love:), for me Denmark hasn't really send anything good in the past years. I liked Rasmussen a lot and Ben & Tan a little, but something stronger would be nice. Please!

Funix

So really exited for what DMGP brings to the table this year. I'm a little bit scared that the more "we choose our song, and then eurovision" style can hurt the quality of the songs, because it will probably prioritize the more radio-safe-songs for the show
...and no semi-finals this year. It is kinda sad that the other nordic countries seems to put more work and passion in the song selection

Loindici

Veteran
So really exited for what DMGP brings to the table this year. I'm a little bit scared that the more "we choose our song, and then eurovision" style can hurt the quality of the songs, because it will probably prioritize the more radio-safe-songs for the show
...and no semi-finals this year. It is kinda sad that the other nordic countries seems to put more work and passion in the song selection

Sadly I feel Denmark plays it the safest oftentimes. And the scaling down of the contest... it pushes down the significance of the national final, somehow. I hope this is not the end for Denmark.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
You don't really need a big grand show or format to have a successful time in Eurovision. MF works because it has the songwriters, quality, money and production gone in to it when other countries try to copy it then it rarely works out as the quality of music is far lower and the investment not even close. It really irks me when people demand big NFs with semis etc for that reason. MGPs format with all these duels and semis, with prequalified songs sucks big time. Greece always had lowkey small NFs yet for years and years they were super succesful with picking great entries. You needn't worry about the fact Denmark doesn't do some huge format, rather the quality of music being chosen for it.

Top Bottom