Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
Countries that gave Denmark 5 points or more:
Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, UK

Countries that gave Denmark 4 points or less:
Albania, Bulgaria, France, Georgia, Greece, Latvia, Moldova, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia

So there was a geographic difference in it - the further to the south and east, the less votes for Denmark. But maybe that's how it normally is.

Btw, Albania gave Denmark 2 points, while Denmark gave Albania 10 points!
That’s exactly what I predicted. It’s that kind of Schlager that mainly Western countries listen to.
And since juries names are made public, which is a shame because exactly THIS happens, nobody from the East would vote for this if it’s low in the odds because how would they justify it even if they REALLY liked the song personally?

jatojo

I think their performance was energetic enough for me.
Definitely. They had improved, and the larger scene made it even more dynamic. The problem was that the appeal was too narrow. And, in the end, that the melody wasn't catchy enough.

wtf

I don't think there's any point in trying to find reasons why it didn't qualify. If a song gets such a low score from juries, it's not gonna do any better with a better staging or vocals etc. People love nostalgic songs, juries hate them. The only way to "fix it" is to lower the impact of juries, hopefully to 25/75. One of my wishes for 2022: let the spokespersons reveal the televoting points (would make more sense anyway) and then add the 25% jury ones. Easy.

jatojo

What happened with Croatia was worse but when almost everyone (only Moldova didn't voted them) wants them to qualify and juries rank it below performances like Poland's then it's a true robbery for me.
Why? Croatia got just about the same amount of points from the televotes and the juries?

jatojo

But they really need to do something about the voting fraud.

martin

Robbed and sad for Denmark. Did not help that Finland and Iceland HAD awesome entry and jury did everthing their could to ruin everything. The only song in semifinal 2 i was really sad not qualify.

Hopefully Denmark are still proud of them. They did a great job

Ezio

Veteran
Definitely. They had improved, and the larger scene made it even more dynamic. The problem was that the appeal was too narrow. And, in the end, that the melody wasn't catchy enough.
Really? I thought the MGP performance was more charming.

Interesting side note: Austria gave 4 jury points, but only 3 t/v point. We are the only country where the televote went lower. I would have guessed the Denmark was about to smash our televote, since this is very German schlager of the 80s. But maybe the viewers of Eurovision are too young to care and feel nostalgic about it.

jatojo

Really? I thought the MGP performance was more charming.

Interesting side note: Austria gave 4 jury points, but only 3 t/v point. We are the only country where the televote went lower. I would have guessed the Denmark was about to smash our televote, since this is very German schlager of the 80s. But maybe the viewers of Eurovision are too young to care and feel nostalgic about it.
Yeah, but still interesting to see that there was a possible connection between the schlager tradition of Austria (we'll never know about Germany) and the votes coming in for Denmark. I also noticed that Poland and Czech Republic gave Denmark votes. Maybe we should include them in the Scandi mafia (Denmark's televoters awarded the top points exclusively to other Nordic countries). ;)

Last edited:

hpp0

Why? Croatia got just about the same amount of points from the televotes and the juries?
To make myself clear I don't prefer the Croatian song, I'm actually not a big fan of it while Denmark is in my top 5. I just think that not qualifying while you are a qualifier in both juries and televoting (even borderline) is kinda not necassarily worse but maybe more unfair? Idk it just really bad luck for Croatia, while Denmark though it was a safe qualifier for the public did for some reason really bad with the juries, but it's something that has happened again.

midnightsun

Veteran
Yeah, but still interesting to see that there was a possible connection between the schlager tradition of Austria (we'll never know about Germany) and the votes coming in for Denmark. I also noticed that Poland and Czech Republic gave Denmark votes. Maybe we should include them in the Scandi mafia (Denmark's televoters awarded the top points exclusively to other Nordic countries). ;)
I‘m pretty sure Fyr og Flamme would have done VERY well here if Germany was voting in Semi 2. Everyone I know loved it and even most celebs of our review show of the official ESC broadcaster loved it and still played them in their videos after they NQed. And were obviously very sad about the NQ.

mup

I loved this entry from :dk:, one of the best Danish entries in years if you ask me. Sad that it did not make it to the final, it is so catchy and 80s-style and made me discover their other songs. Two thumbs up from me! (y)(y) xheya

Top Bottom