DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Portugal boring and voice annoying

Bulgaria - she definetely has too much backs she doesnt sound natural

Sabrewulf238

I mean if Portugal manages to qualify only because of the staging I'd be so dissatisfied... The song is not interesting at all :(

I think there's definitely an audience out there for this song, there isn't anything this year that sounds like it. He has a very distinct voice.

I'm not crazy about the song, but I do like his vocals. (and the staging is nice)

Not really fussed either way about whether it qualifies or not though.

Zeus

I mean if Portugal manages to qualify only because of the staging I'd be so dissatisfied... The song is not interesting at all :(
Maybe for you. For me songs like Malta and Cyprus are not interesting.

And they won't qualify because of a staging, but because of juries who can see that they are real musicians with a classy, jazzy song and a good vocalist.

If bands like The Black Mamba and Hooverphonic participate, the typical Eurovision fandom will always say that their song is either too pretentious or too boring. Bit lame if you ask me.

I am happy that for these bands or artists there sometimes is a jury to save them, because in a song/music contest they absolutely deserve it.

mauve

Veteran

ekzuu

Maybe for you. For me songs like Malta and Cyprus are not interesting.

And they won't qualify because of a staging, but because of juries who can see that they are real musicians with a classy, jazzy song and a good vocalist.

If bands like The Black Mamba and Hooverphonic participate, the typical Eurovision fandom will always say that their song is either too pretentious or too boring. Bit lame if you ask me.

I am happy that for these bands or artists there sometimes is a jury to save them, because in a song/music contest they absolutely deserve it.
Well I guess we can all express our opinions in here, that you don't like Cyprus and I don't like Portugal so much etc... It's just my opinion, everyone has different taste
Every song has its fans always but question is about how many and does it have the critical mass needed to do well or is it more of a niche

crashworld

Veteran
Portugal - Who would have thought that this song which most of the fandom think it's chanceless decides to show up. The staging seems really effective. I am still not sure of the song (not my cup of tea), but if the staging does elevates the song, then kudos to the delegation and the artist. It's always nice to see an underdog rises up.

Bulgaria - The warmth colour palette definitely suits the mood of the song. While people find it endearing to include a picture of her Dad and her into the performance, I actually find it borderline calculative (like how Lithuania 2018 did it with the artist's fiance). She sounds good, but they need to turn down the backing vocals as they are drowning her abit.

Finland - Just basically the ESC stage version of the NF's performance. I don't know why I just can't get into the song even though I am a fan of Linkin Park music (which this song reminds me of). It's obnoxious (but this is usually how this style of music go) and did whatever the style of music is needed. I believe the juries are going to mark them down for the vocal abilities (they are pretty bad to be honest).

A-lister

Veteran
Well I guess we can all express our opinions in here, that you don't like Cyprus and I don't like Portugal so much etc... It's just my opinion, everyone has different taste
Every song has its fans always but question is about how many and does it have the critical mass needed to do well or is it more of a niche
This!, but never mind @Zeus, he already expressed that people here are plebs that don't know "real music" and thus shouldn't raise their opinions, only people with "real taste" who likes "classy" entries such as Portugal knows about music...

There is obviously an audience for everything, I don't mind the Portuguese singer or a good jazz entry, this entry however is imo bad elevator music which unfortunately often is the case with red wine white man's jazz.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I am sorry, but Georgia seems totally fine. Albania: a typical approach by Sacha , it's good, but why this dress?
I just thought, is this an SJB staging?

So, really?

It looks so been there, done that. Also the song is so old too my ears. She is just a diva for the gays, but we have seen them stuck in the semis so many times before.

Ezio

Veteran

Zeus

This, but never mind @Zeus, he already expressed that people here are plebs that don't know "real music" and thus shouldn't express their opinions.

But if you like Portugal's entry you know what's "classy" lol

There is obviously an audience for everything, I don't mind the Portuguese singer, with a better entry it could have been nice, but personally find the song a complete elevator music bore.
Haha, wow. How childish are you.

Also, in my first line I said: maybe for you, and than I gave my own opinion.

Reaction: boohoo, everyone has their own opinion!

Well, clearly not If you have a really different opinion than the typical fandom here, than you are framed as a snob, arrogant etc. Hmmokay.

A-lister

Veteran
Haha, wow. How childish are you.

Also, in my first line I said: maybe for you, and than I gave my own opinion.

Reaction: boohoo, everyone has their own opinion!

Well, clearly not If you have a really different opinion than the typical fandom here, than you are framed as a snob, arrogant etc. Hmmokay.

Lol, no there is no arrogance in having different taste, the arrogance my friend are with people like you who say that if people don't like the stuff they like they are uneducated and know nothing about music.

There's a difference.

Zeus

Lol, no there is no arrogance in having different taste, the arrogance my friend are with people like you who say that if people don't like the stuff they like they are uneducated and know nothing about music.

There's a difference.
Yeah, never said that. You are really framing here, but do whatever you like.

Etanna

Portugal - Who would have thought that this song which most of the fandom think it's chanceless decides to show up. The staging seems really effective. I am still not sure of the song (not my cup of tea), but if the staging does elevates the song, then kudos to the delegation and the artist. It's always nice to see an underdog rises up.

Bulgaria - The warmth colour palette definitely suits the mood of the song. While people find it endearing to include a picture of her Dad and her into the performance, I actually find it borderline calculative (like how Lithuania 2018 did it with the artist's fiance). She sounds good, but they need to turn down the backing vocals as they are drowning her abit.

Finland - Just basically the ESC stage version of the NF's performance. I don't know why I just can't get into the song even though I am a fan of Linkin Park music (which this song reminds me of). It's obnoxious (but this is usually how this style of music go) and did whatever the style of music is needed. I believe the juries are going to mark them down for the vocal abilities (they are pretty bad to be honest).
I agree about the picture in Bulgaria's performance. Maybe if they did a "slideshow" on the LEDs like Hungary 2019 it would look better but having a random childhood picture lying on the floor looks a bit weird. Also agree about the Finnish song, I can't seem to get into the song either for some reason even though I feel like it's the type of the song I should like.

And Portugal looks amazing. The song has been in my top 10 the whole time so I'm ecstatic about the beatiful staging. I did not expect them to change anything about their performance so it came out of nowhere.

theditz83

Veteran
My feelings haven't changed - the second half of this semi (or from Georgia onwards) is just a complete bore for me. Nothing that really grabs or gets me super-excited. Albania might be okay, but nothing ground-breaking. Yeah, I'm firmly a first-half lover of this semi, whereas I feel Semi 1 is much more balanced throughout.

Top Bottom