Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

nofuxCZ

Anyway, I really hope we get that televised national final asap, it's not like there's an infinite supply of local stars Kryštof Šámal can convince year after year to participate in this hipster thing, only to see them leave kind of pissed later on
(And for now, we really do need at least some of those stars to take part in the selection, even if they won't win.)
Agree 100%. I mean, they could have even broadcast the live on tape performances on TV - showing the performances and collecting votes from juries in advance. Then announce the results live from some small studio. Would be milion times better with much bigger audience reach, at no additional costs...

hpp0

While it is quite basic for its genre, I'm really happy they chose Light Off as it was the only one I liked. I know that these kind of songs are more for the radio than for the stage, but if they find a staging that isn't too much (like Latvia 2017) or too simple (Poland 2018), I think they will get a decent result.

From the others I think only Elis would have stood out really at ESC cause I can't imagine any other country sending a song similar to hers and she can perform well, but the song isn't the strongest and I saw mostly love/hate reactions towards it.

ayzelto

Modern and solid entry. I don't think it will be among my favourites but still, very good Czech Republic. 7 points for now.

Brandt

I enjoy the simplicity of the song. :) 7 for now but I have a feeling that it will go up over the time.

mauve

Veteran
My fear is that, between now and May with the arrival of new entries, the power of "Lights Off" will fade a little (Senhit with a very complete song, catchy and good performance, has collapsed in the preferences of the fans xshrug).

That's the worry that I have also. The joy of a good song should last longer than just a few months, so let's see how we feel after a few month!

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah this isn't groundbreaking in any way but it's still good, modern and quality and that's all that matters. This would be around my 10th place in 2021 and I also believe it'll be around that place this year.

It was my 4th place in ESCZ but it was a great selection so this doesn't really mean anything...

Great choice Czech Republic, I'm also giving it 10 points.

HayashiM

Veteran
Agree 100%. I mean, they could have even broadcast the live on tape performances on TV - showing the performances and collecting votes from juries in advance. Then announce the results live from some small studio. Would be milion times better with much bigger audience reach, at no additional costs...
That's the exact thought I went to bed with :) - we could have had a televised NF with this material already. It's not super polished, but it could have worked. The only thing missing is ČT spending an hour of the airtime.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I would be utterly shocked if :cz: isn't still easily in my Top 10 by the time we have all of the songs released - this is quality EDM, with an interesting vocalist and some nice lyrical content adding some more depth to take this beyond the usual bops we might expect.

Basically, I am IN LOVE with everything about this song - and the live performance, it's even better than the studio version on Spotify (which has gone right onto my December Bops playlist and will no doubt be played constantly over the coming winter to keep me warm).

We Are Domi are Domi-nating my playlist and my thoughts - an easy decision to gift this my first :12: of the season (earliest I've ever gifted a 12 in the polls!) xlove

Last edited:

Kitakaze

Really pleased this won. Glad some people really love it, I wish I could like it a bit more than I do. Hope they play around a bit with a revamp and do what they need to in order to make it darker and edgier because I can see a similar result to Light Me Up in 2018 on the cards in its current form.

I bims

Veteran
Really pleased this won. Glad some people really love it, I wish I could like it a bit more than I do. Hope they play around a bit with a revamp and do what they need to in order to make it darker and edgier because I can see a similar result to Light Me Up in 2018 on the cards in its current form.
Did you compare those songs because they both have "Light" in their name? :ROFLMAO: They are totally different

Kitakaze

Did you compare those songs because they both have "Light" in their name? :ROFLMAO: They are totally different

Err no, but that title isn’t helping especially considering the song ought to be called Where Are You Now. Both have a similar, inoffensive EDM vibe and a dominant instrumental refrain so I feel like the similarities are there?

HayashiM

Veteran
Domi's vocalist Dominika Hasek is the daughter of one of the greatest goalkeepers in ice hockey history Dominik Hasek. He was Olympic champion with the Czech Republic in 1998, in addition to a bronze medal in 2006. He was also runner-up at the World Championships in 1983 and bronze in 1987, 1989 and 1990 with then Czechoslovakia.

FUN FACT: if DOMI wins ESCZ the daughter will sing where her father won one of his Olympic medals. The Pala Alpitour hosted ice hockey at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

It turns out Dominica herself wasn't aware about the bronze nor this Pala Alpitour connection, and it was Connor who informed her first in their interview :D She only knew about the gold from Nagano 1998... I think that's kinda cute.

Top Bottom