Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

nofuxCZ

Of course. I would be surprised if she haven't - her parents have been pushing her since her childhood and tried to make her a music star - haven't worked yet.

I find this interesting - looks like Jan Bors might be back to ESC next year somehow?
He kinda annoys me lately so I am not sure if I want him back in the Czech ESC team but maybe he could become the HoD for Slovakia and bring our brothers back to the contest? :p

xBELbzC.png

Slabsson79

A female artist with a pop or a powerful song would be a good change for Czech Rep. Regardless whether Benny Q or not. And I am currently set for him to NQ...but I also hope, that the next ESCZ will be based on live performances. Can be prerecorder and thus online again, but this year is a proof, that a good video may not transform itself into a live stage performance...

HayashiM

Veteran
A female artist with a pop or a powerful song would be a good change for Czech Rep. Regardless whether Benny Q or not. And I am currently set for him to NQ...but I also hope, that the next ESCZ will be based on live performances. Can be prerecorder and thus online again, but this year is a proof, that a good video may not transform itself into a live stage performance...
I think Elis Mraz could be a good choice provided she comes up with something good, I really liked her last year. Or just internally select Barbora Mochowa and be done with it - but that won't happen, since ESCZ is first and foremost a platform.
I just also hope we send a lady for the next one, after 4 editions of guys only it's about time.

Slabsson79

I think Elis Mraz could be a good choice provided she comes up with something good, I really liked her last year. Or just internally select Barbora Mochowa and be done with it - but that won't happen, since ESCZ is first and foremost a platform.
I just also hope we send a lady for the next one, after 4 editions of guys only it's about time.
Elis Mraz was my original choice too, thus she got my votes. However, albeit an excellent singer, I do not see Barbara Mochowa as standing a chance in the SF with both of the songs, she had entered the national final with...yes, the ESC-bubble and the juries might slightly be fond of her, but the televote would smash her....one simply needs high votes form juries and televote en par....I kind of wonder, how MYDY would fair at the contest, but their compositions are simply too long because of the instrumentalt build-up....and cutting it short would probably harm the impact of the song....and probably, they do not need the ESC. Although Zofie was in Elis´ video, so maybe...one day...

rasmuslights

Veteran

this was not a problem though.. this song could easily be transformed onto a stage the problem is the concept.. like having Benny just dancing in front a LED is not enough.. still hope u will qualify!

HayashiM

Veteran
Barbara Mochowa would be amazing. Her song from 2020 would probably be my number one this year

Yeah, I don't believe White and Black Holes would've been outright destined to flop - Sebi comes to mind as a somewhat similar atmospheric comparison, and it did ok. Unless we change the format, there's just no way we send her, but I can keep dreaming :)

Slabsson79

Yeah, I don't believe White and Black Holes would've been outright destined to flop - Sebi comes to mind as a somewhat similar atmospheric comparison, and it did ok. Unless we change the format, there's just no way we send her, but I can keep dreaming :)
As long as we don´t send something like Space Sushi...i wouldn´t mind Barbora Mochowa personally, but I would be worried. And even if a female contestant from CZ would have a similar song to something like Malta, Greece, Serbia, France, Bulgaria is having, she would still have kind of a Czech malus....but yes, we need a Czech diva for 2022 (y):cool:

Slabsson79

Having taken notice of her thru Jan Bors´ Czech Talent Tuesday series, do you guys´n´girls think that she would be a good contestant for CZ, particularly with a song like this?

rasmuslights

Veteran
Having taken notice of her thru Jan Bors´ Czech Talent Tuesday series, do you guys´n´girls think that she would be a good contestant for CZ, particularly with a song like this?

yes I wouldn't mind her! she would probably end up in my top 10.. but I would prefer some other artists like Nykki, Barbora and Jakub Ondra also has a couple of great songs.

HayashiM

Veteran
I think that song would've had great chances to represent Belgium, it's quite in line with every song they have been sending since 2017 :D I really enjoy the sultry mood, however :lv: 2018 and :hr: 2018 also come to mind, both flopping... I'd definitely like to see Aiko in our NF, but I think she'd need to come up with something even more powerful to be a real contender.

HayashiM

Veteran
yes I wouldn't mind her! she would probably end up in my top 10.. but I would prefer some other artists like Nykki, Barbora and Jakub Ondra also has a couple of great songs.

It might take some time before we see Jakub Ondra in our NF again, given he's most probably the 8th act that pulled out last year. Is'a pity Space Sushi was more case of a song written for Eurovision through the Czech lens of what the public thinks Eurovision is about, rather than the usual Jakub Ondra's swag. If he can stick to that without having Eurovision in mind when writing, I'd be delighted if he's back.

Slabsson79

It might take some time before we see Jakub Ondra in our NF again, given he's most probably the 8th act that pulled out last year. Is'a pity Space Sushi was more case of a song written for Eurovision through the Czech lens of what the public thinks Eurovision is about, rather than the usual Jakub Ondra's swag. If he can stick to that without having Eurovision in mind when writing, I'd be delighted if he's back.
It is always good to have a good array of originality and compassion towards music from "fresh" interpretes. However, it would not be that unique to see interpretes calculating how to match the ESC-formula (or rather what they perceive as such). It is in a way refreshing and sympathetic, that Czech Rep does not follow that path so far, however, if we want to win, we´ll one day have to make some compromises to that approach, I guess. But yes, Jakub Ondra should take a shot in the NF again, though I am rooting for a female contestant in 2022...

aef

Are they still active in :cz: music business? They were on the shortlist back in 2015, I'd love to see them finally at Eurovision serving a song with Tom Dice/ 5 Seconds of Summer vibes...

Slabsson79

Are they still active in :cz: music business? They were on the shortlist back in 2015, I'd love to see them finally at Eurovision serving a song with Tom Dice/ 5 Seconds of Summer vibes...
Light&Love - the Balcárek brothers - well, I guess they are active, albeit the pandemics has hit art hard, so a lot of artist are on a hiatus or have to make money the other way due to the lack of income - venues are closed.
I guess they would be a good contribution to the Czech national final and even the ESC.
My personal favourite would be MYDY,
however, I am not sure, if they could make a song 3:00 as they like long instrumental intros/ouutros...but let´s see....The Silver Spoons would be a also a favorable choice -as far as I am concerned

Last edited:

aef

Thanks for the information @Slabsson79!

You could also ask Kristina for a Eurovision comeback! I'd really love to see that happening any day... (If not for :sk: then for :cz:, she's also well-known there)

Slabsson79

Thanks for the information @Slabsson79!

You could also ask Kristina for a Eurovision comeback! I'd really love to see that happening any day... (If not for :sk: then for :cz:, she's also well-known there)
As far as I know, the regulations of the Czech national selection - which will be hopefully refurbished heavily in 2022, stipulate, that the contestants must have Czech citizenship or at least permanent residence in Czechia, albeit I am not sure about the latter rule. There are many Slovaks in Czechia, even in the media, but still, de iure, they are foreigners. And I am not even sure, if a Slovak would like to participate in the ESC for the Czech Republic....I wouldn´t mind, many people in Czechia might.

Top Bottom