Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

CPV4931

A very promising act from Czech Republic and glad, that one of my favorites won :-) 10 points so far from me

Yazy

I don't think this is likely to make the final, if anything this is exactly the kind of entry that seems to disappear among the others, no matter how well performed it is. It's undynamic and unexciting, the vocals just stay in the same register except for the one higher bit that's not enough, and it reminds me of Latvia's "Line" a bit, you know the one that was hyped up by some ESC fans but ended up last in the semi..... yeah, wouldn't put any money on this one, for sure.
I share the same sentiment despite this being the type of music that I love blasting on my earpods and just vibe.

This is also giving me the impressions of those types of entries that get lost in the mix, either by not making the final or borderline qualifying and then ending up on right side of the scoreboard.

Honestly, I think we made a bad choice, I am very afraid this will drown in the semi, not standing out enough. I am also not thrilled with the prospect of Czechia being represented by two Norwegians and a Czech girl whose Czech is... distinctly foreign.
Nevertheless, it convincingly won both international votes, so hopefully I will be proven wrong. :)
I share your thoughts, HayashiM. Even though "Lights Off" is the best ESCCZ sound, I would have preferred something else. In my old messages, like you, I imagined a difficulty for We Are Domi (and Annabelle) to make it to the final. We both hope to be proven wrong and that We Are Domi will have a great success xyes

goncalovieira

What a time to be alive! The Czech Republic have chosen an entry that I'm not mad at! (Although I ended up loving Lake Malawi, I was just a dumb dumb and didn't actually listen to the song before deciding I thought they made a bad call).

Speaking of, I like that cz is finding its footing as the country that sends Indie/Indie-ish stuff. My Eurovision taste and non-Eurovision taste are slowly combining, one Czech entry at a time... dobrá práce
This! My eurovision taste is combining with my personal (and all year) taste.

Diego

The angry eurofans with Giudi's flop are already decreeing that Lights Off will be the last in their semi-final. It reminds me of Barbora Del Rey fans when Lake Malawi won in 2019.

I just have a good laugh.

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This doesn't start bad but then the chorus comes and reminds me why I really need to install AdBlock on my new laptop. It sounds like EDM stock music. Sadly the most important part of the song feels so bland and uninspired. I could so very easily get into something like this if more effort was made with the composition itself, the melody. Otherwise it's very polished. Immaculate actually. The vocals are strong. I can see why it won. I think there were some better choices in this NF but then I also wasn't in love with anything, so I'm not too fussed. For now though I think I can only manage a respectful 5. High production values but very much a nondescript piece of music unfortunately.

Kaz

The angry eurofans with Giudi's flop are already decreeing that Lights Off will be the last in their semi-final. It reminds me of Barbora Del Rey fans when Lake Malawi won in 2019.

The comments on Eurovision's official instagram post are so unbelievably toxic omfg. Giudi stans are the new Elvana stans.

nofuxCZ

Just watched joint IG stream by Jordan x Emma and Giudi and seems like they are not happy with the voting system, especially that some "unknown" juries have so much power... yikes. They appreciate the ESCZ platform though, saying it really made it possible to share their music with much wider audiences, the serious approach ČT took this year and they expect more alternative artists could be interested in ESC in the coming years :)

Diego

The comments on Eurovision's official instagram post are so unbelievably toxic omfg. Giudi stans are the new Elvana stans.
Only two songs have been chosen so far. Still fuckin 39 songs to go.

We don't have stage, we don't have any rehearsals, no live performances have been done yet outside Lights Off. But crazed and frustrated Eurofans have already decreed the song's failure in May. And they call it theft if something other than what they want happens.

Diego

Just watched joint IG stream by Jordan x Emma and Giudi and seems like they are not happy with the voting system, especially that some "unknown" juries have so much power... yikes. They appreciate the ESCZ platform though, saying it really made it possible to share their music with much wider audiences, the serious approach ČT took this year and they expect more alternative artists could be interested in ESC in the coming years :)
They knew what the voting system was like and stayed in the competition because they wanted to. That sounds like a loser's cry.

In fact, almost everyone who has doubts about "Lights Off" has used good words and is giving :12: points to the "Ranking Game". I don't see, at least here, this "toxicity". Let's not start creating pro and con factions.

I think We Are Domi is a good choice but there were better choices. My fear is that, between now and May with the arrival of new entries, the power of "Lights Off" will fade a little (Senhit with a very complete song, catchy and good performance, has collapsed in the preferences of the fans xshrug).

HayashiM

Veteran
Just watched it as well :) Right now, neither Giudi nor J&E feel like coming back and trying again, because "after all, for us artists it is actually really weird to compete at music" (Giudi's words). Yeah, they aren't happy with the system and the jury, but I wouldn't call them sore losers, it simply must be a pretty hard pill to swallow to come last with the juries (as it must have been for Olga the last time). Plus J&E seemed almost shocked because they genuinely thought Giudi would be a runaway winner...

HayashiM

Veteran
Anyway, I really hope we get that televised national final asap, it's not like there's an infinite supply of local stars Kryštof Šámal can convince year after year to participate in this hipster thing, only to see them leave kind of pissed later on
(And for now, we really do need at least some of those stars to take part in the selection, even if they won't win.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom