He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
The same way some real Cypriots have proudly represented Greece too (Anna Vissi, Loukas Yiorkas, Eleftheria Eleftheriou etc) ! Some Cypriot artists complained this year that somebody who's actually from Cyprus should represent their country but really... did they feel as patriotic when their own children represented big-ol' mama Greece?
Again, it basically all goes back to these 2 countries sharing a music industry (...and talent shows...).
Okay, no problem, I just asked if Elena Tsangrinou is Cypriot or greek! Shoot me....LOL

innou

Okay, no problem, I just asked if Elena Tsangrinou is Cypriot or greek! Shoot me....LOL
No, I just felt the need to explain, I didn't want to sound aggressive or anything, so sorry if I did xstars
But yeah, no, she isn't Cypriot. Not one bit.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all songs have been released (except Belarus, but I doubt I will like the artist's song to make a huge change).
I am re-evaluating all songs as per studio form and re-looking into my grading system and how I have ranked the songs according to my personal preference.

Although it's a rip-off of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" but it still a good catchy song. It's currently sitting in my personal top 10 at no. 7, so I am upgrading the rating to a :7:.

ollibox

Absolutely LOVE this song! :love: Don't mind at all it sounds like Lady Gaga because the song is way better and Elena is much more beautiful xrose
Keeping fingers crossed that :cy: will reach top 3 in the final. Overall win might be difficult, because there is also.... :ch: !!! x12points

lasse braun

sorry folks - cheap lady gaga copycat in the refrain!
this is euro disco pop in a very bad way and should not be rewarded.
orginality should be rewarded!
but i know,ESC has it own rules - copycat kills the musicstar - arcade 2 in switzerland,aserbaidchan 2020 remix,daði copies itself and lady gaga vibes now in cyprus.
hallelujah :mrgreen:

:0:

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I am so bothered by the Devil theme of this song. Also Lil Nas X selling satanic shoes and giving the Satan a lap dance is so off putting. It feels like the Satan is out and about in the music entertainment industry to reap some souls.

But I guess Cyprus' downfall is the gaga-esque composition of the song, at least with the juries. The devil himself seems to be quite popular atm, so there might be some televotes to cash in. Probably 66 in the semi.

spinachpie

I am so bothered by the Devil theme of this song. Also Lil Nas X selling satanic shoes and giving the Satan a lap dance is so off putting. It feels like the Satan is out and about in the music entertainment industry to reap some souls.

But I guess Cyprus' downfall is the gaga-esque composition of the song, at least with the juries. The devil himself seems to be quite popular atm, so there might be some televotes to cash in. Probably 66 in the semi.

I don't know if you're joking or not, but you know the devil isn't real... right?

Ezio

Veteran

rasmuslights

Veteran
İ love how Bulgaria in the very bottom with combined views+spotify :lol: what a favorite

well Eurovision is not that big in Bulgaria so you can't expect for them to be high. Popularity of the contest and also the size of a country also matter, especially pre-contest when most of the views come from the locals of that particular country.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
well Eurovision is not that big in Bulgaria so you can't expect for them to be high. Popularity of the contest and also the size of a country also matter, especially pre-contest when most of the views come from the locals of that particular country.
İ know that ofc thats why we have İtaly, Russia so high every year but again Bulgaria is among main favorites same microstates Malta, İceland and now look at them

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

I dunno what to say, the Gaga influence is surely a bit too obvious, also the song is lyrically juvenile and the children-like voices chanting about the devil is a questionable choice imho. The song is still decent, but I'm not blown away as it lacks something (verses are a bit meh, and the general composition lacks personality and isn't too well put together) and to me it's the weakest Cypriot entry out of the past four ones since the Cypriot delegation changed their approach to the contest (I even prefer the 2020 entry over this one contrary to popular opinion). This is however pretty instant on a first listen, so I think it could do pretty well in the contest. To me it's a top. 20.

Daizy

Here is the ranking of the entries at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam according to the number of streams on Spotify over the past week (March 26th to April 2nd).

Top Bottom