He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

empo21

Veteran
I mean with all the corona controversies around Rita Ora, this is the best promo she's gotten in months.

God El diablo bless Elena and her charity xbow

SAYAY

Yeah so this is probably gonna be the comment that will make me murdered but I don`t really like this. Cyprus is more than campable of making well produced pop songs with good singers. I think they have proved that with Fuego, Replay and last year. And El Diablo is in no way an exception from that. It is well produced, and I don`t doubt Elena has talent. But I am just not fully stanning this. :4: points from me. I am so sorry Cyprus and Elena, this is just not my cup tea. I love you xrosexrunhug

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Now this is one of the best ESC-songs I have heard yet this ESC-season. It is clearly inspired by Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' in the chorus and is far from original in style, but it's groovy, melodic and modern, and if performed decently live I think it will do well for Cyprus.

:10: points from me xcheer

tararaaam

It’s kinda funny how smart they are with the product placement. It is so obvious they do it on purpose to create memes and make a fuss, for a song that is just well-produced. 6 from me, I hope for a good staging that will elevate this.

astatine86

Any Greek or Cypriot willing to explain why they got rid of the K in Elena's last name? It's Tsagkrinou, not Tsagrinou.

innou

Any Greek or Cypriot willing to explain why they got rid of the K in Elena's last name? It's Tsagkrinou, not Tsagrinou.
Most likely aesthetic reasons, as it's useless when spelled in English (or most languages). Tsagrinou surely looks better than Tsagkrinou. Pretty sure that it's Tsagkrinou in her passport though.

Ezio

Veteran
This will qualify and do very well
It might qualify but it won't do well and here's my point:

Traditionally one's Eurovision success is another one's inspiration, but ultimate doom for failure.

Conchita/Sara Nielsen & The Common Linnets led to an inflation of female drama ballads and female/male duos, winner was David Guetta though

2016 became a very upbeat pop concert, but the winner was a whailing ballad about tyranny. Sergey Lazarev gave us the Heroes staging on steroids and fell short.

The winners of 16 and 17 were unique and off the mainstream, but then came Eleni in 2018 and brought the sexy back. And not only is Cyprus sticking to this formula, which secured them another spot in the final, but Eurovision 2021 is actually all about sexy ladies. And what's gonna happen is that they are bound to go down altogether and providing anyone who is not a sexy lady with an infectious but generic bop with an advantage to shine and to prevail.

A-lister

Veteran
but then came Eleni in 2018 and brought the sexy back. And not only is Cyprus sticking to this formula, which secured them another spot in the final, but Eurovision 2021 is actually all about sexy ladies. And what's gonna happen is that they are bound to go down altogether and providing anyone who is not a sexy lady with an infectious but generic bop with an advantage to shine and to prevail.

It's a bit funny, because I don't find most of the "bop" ladies this year sexy (maybe they think they are and play that card, but are they?)

Elena comes across as an android robot to me, I think she'd rather fit in a niche horror movie than some sexy erotic drama :lol: Senhit is just Senhit, she is like a cartoon character, but sexy? Stefania? School girl, Natalia? Real Housewives of Chisinau realness, Eden? More like a fun girl next door...

Efendi is probably the only one out of this "bunch" that sells sexy in a more believable way... but yeah, it kinda connects to your point that these ladies might cancel eachother out too... on the other hand based on what you also say, chances of having a "sexy bop" winning should be bigger now if we see Eurovision victories as cycles and that the new winner isn't going to be like the previous one...

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
Is she from Greece?
Does she have to do anything with Cyprus?

Mrm

Veteran
She likes chaloumi and sheftalia. That's more than enough! xheart

Okay, I know that, but sometimes real Cypriots represnt Cyprus, it happens..so I don't know..

innou

Okay, I know that, but sometimes real Cypriots represnt Cyprus, it happens..so I don't know..
The same way some real Cypriots have proudly represented Greece too (Anna Vissi, Loukas Yiorkas, Eleftheria Eleftheriou etc) ! Some Cypriot artists complained this year that somebody who's actually from Cyprus should represent their country but really... did they feel as patriotic when their own children represented big-ol' mama Greece?
Again, it basically all goes back to these 2 countries sharing a music industry (...and talent shows...).

Top Bottom