8 8.8%

9 9.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Cyprus-scaled.jpg

PanosAK

Re: CYPRUS 2020

Yeah i agree on that but said that i don't see where is the problem if a country has success with foreign artists.

There is no problem if a country has success with a foreign artist..you said "I see no reason to go back to a Cypriot artist" as if the nationality of the artist has any impact on the end result.

Citelis

There is no problem if a country has success with a foreign artist..you said "I see no reason to go back to a Cypriot artist" as if the nationality of the artist has any impact on the end result.

Because they had more success with foreign artists. Anyway i guess it sounds wrong so i'm not going to continue this.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

There are artists from Cyprus or with Cypriot descent who can support a performance like "Fuego" or "Replay". Nikki Ponte would have been amazing, but she disappeared. I have no idea what she is doing now...

Citelis

We should have sent ''I don't wanna dance'' in 2011.
By looking on her instagram however i don't think that she is really active anymore and she has no new music for years.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

We should have sent ''I don't wanna dance'' in 2011.
By looking on her instagram however i don't think that she is really active anymore and she has no new music for years.

IMO her performance in the NF wasn't good at all. I loved her song back then, until I watched the NF. :lol:
Too bad she's not active anymore. She had potential to become a big star.

I was thinking that a strong ballad in English would do well in ESC. Something like :mk: 2019.
Gabriella Metz is a new artist who can do this:

Citelis

IMO her performance in the NF wasn't good at all. I loved her song back then, until I watched the NF. :lol:
Too bad she's not active anymore. She had potential to become a big star.

I was thinking that a strong ballad in English would do well in ESC. Something like :mk: 2019.
Gabriella Metz is a new artist who can do this:
Yes i have to agree that her performance in the national final wasn't very good but the song was really good. I think she now lives in Canada and she has familly.

To be honest i didn't knew Gabriella before but she looks an interesting choice. One of her songs song called ''Grey'' is really nice. Wondering why that video you posted is geoblocked here. Also this Eurovision medley she has is really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHOW9WHGmQ

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Yes i have to agree that her performance in the national final wasn't very good but the song was really good. I think she now lives in Canada and she has familly.

To be honest i didn't knew Gabriella before but she looks an interesting choice. One of her songs song called ''Grey'' is really nice. Wondering why that video you posted is geoblocked here. Also this Eurovision medley she has is really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHOW9WHGmQ

The song I posted ("Why Don't You Love Me") is much better than "Grey" IMO. I don't have another link for it, though.

I more or less know all Cypriot artists and we have a lot of talented musicians, both known and unknown, that's why I was quite surprised you said no need to go back to Cypriot artists.

I didn't mean to go back to failed artists like Christos Mylordos.

Citelis

The song I posted ("Why Don't You Love Me") is much better than "Grey" IMO. I don't have another link for it, though.

I more or less know all Cypriot artists and we have a lot of talented musicians, both known and unknown, that's why I was quite surprised you said no need to go back to Cypriot artists.

I didn't mean to go back to failed artists like Christos Mylordos.

I managed to listen to it by using VPN. Yes its clearly better than Grey.

Yes i know the way i wrote it was probably wrong. Didn't mean it like that. I mean mostly that there is no reason for RIK to change a succesful way of selecting entries. If i remember correctly back in 2011 there was a talent show for selecting the artist that will represent Cyrpus in Eurovision. And before there were national finals that didn't really worked.
Now about Christos Mylordos i think that he wasn't that bad in 2011. Not good enough to qualify but he almost came dead last in the semifinal.

Preuss

How were the reactions in Cyprus this year though after Tamta's disappointing finish?

CypriotGirl

Veteran

How were the reactions in Cyprus this year though after Tamta's disappointing finish?

No idea tbh. The people I spoke with weren't that disappointed, some mentioned the same story every year about politics and stuff. Cypriots this year weren't as enthusiastic as in 2018 with "Fuego".

Preuss

Well you’d think that they would’ve been more enthusiastic this year after Eleni’s amazing result

DenizESC

Banned

Cyprus should shook us all this time and send a Turkish/Northern-Cypriot :D it would also be interesting to see if the Greek :12: would still be secured lol

Someone like Eylem

It can be slut-pop or propaganda-ballad, whatever they want.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Loindici

Veteran

Alaska49

Top Bottom