8 8.8%

9 9.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Cyprus-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

Re: CYPRUS 2020

He's also of Armenian origin and has taken part in a Russian casting show.
cyprus really keeping its branding on and even switching to a guy after seeing luca hanni's success xheart we stan a transparently mercenary channel making silly choices

Brandt

Re: CYPRUS 2020

Sandro Nicholas is the name for Cyprus this year.

I like his voice.

ESC94

He participated under his real name Alessandro Rütten in season 8 of The Voice of Germany, convinced all coaches and then got eliminated in the sing offs.

Sammy

Veteran
Only thing is, this kind of artist (young, male, kinda cute) attracts a lot of negativity from a certain fraction of fans for whatever reason in advance. Of course it‘s always about their song, but interestingly these fans seem to know that the song will be meh long before it is even published. The list of examples for this is long and I don‘t give any to avoid the „yes but HE was REALLY cheesy, awful, dated,.... you name it. I wonder when this narrative will start about Dymitro

Interesting - what I wrote a couple of days ago in the Ukrainian thread also applies here. :mrgreen:

Personally I'm looking forward to his song and I hope for something with latino-influence.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I don't know. International guy singing for Cyprus, already seen. I'm not a fan of his physics. In that video of Russian audition his voice was very bland. I prefer blas canto, even though he is not eyecandy either. It seems there will be a lot of young singers in 2020. Even on Wiki, there are only scarce infos about his personal life. I have a strange feeling that this will be another Luca hani, which means I probably won't like it.

Mainshow

Veteran
"It seems there will be a lot of young singers in ESC 2020".

Maybe. But right now only 4 artists got confirmed:
The Belgian entrant "Hooverphonic" has been active since 1995 and Blas Canto has been part of the music industry since 2009. Both are/were quite successful in their domestic markets and have tons of experience.

The well-established VS new artists ratio is 50/50 right now. The best mixture possible and that's why, I can't follow your conclusion right now (It might be true in the end since well-established artists tend to not be so keen on going to Eurovision but right now, I am more surprised that we already have so many known acts (2 out of 4))

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
the problem is not being unknown or not born in cyprus the problem is being a man with a piano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my least favorite tropes :(

tuorem

the problem is not being unknown or not born in cyprus the problem is being a man with a piano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my least favorite tropes :(

Can you imagine a piano version of "One Thing I Should Have Done"? A dream :lol:

Top Bottom