Contact us

CONGRATS DENMARK ON WINNING ESC 2013!!!

Nike

12s06-loreen1-634.jpg

Grattis Danmark

Best pic ever of Loreen ! I think this will be my new signature!
:twisted:

Israeliboy

With this mistake Sweden did, no doubt, I feel like I will fly to Denmark if I will go to ESC :/

No Name

Given that ESC is hosted in Malmø it'll probably be the closest we'll ever come to hosting it on home ground again, so I'm obviously also extremely grateful for this decision. :p

(I doubt we will benefit THAT much as it put out in the article though)

LalehForWD

Given that ESC is hosted in Malmø it'll probably be the closest we'll ever come to hosting it on home ground again, so I'm obviously also extremely grateful for this decision. :p

(I doubt we will benefit THAT much as it put out in the article though)

:D:p

It is somewhat strange though, it's up to Sweden to promote the Öresundsregionen (= Köpenhamn :p). Have Denmark (= Köpenhamn :p) even grasped the concept yet? :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The thread title makes no sense. Do you mean "Congrats Denmark for winning ESC 2012?" because to your logic they would be hosting the event unless you're expecting them to win next year as well. *confused*

Nike

The thread title makes no sense. Do you mean "Congrats Denmark for winning ESC 2012?" because to your logic they would be hosting the event unless you're expecting them to win next year as well. *confused*

I know it's confusing. But the article said "Congrats Denmark for winning ESC 2013. Why? Yes they think Denmark will be the big winner of ESC 2013 since they will make most money of it. According the article we already have a winner of ESC 2013 and it's Denmark.

cactus99

I know it's confusing. But the article said "Congrats Denmark for winning ESC 2013. Why? Yes they think Denmark will be the big winner of ESC 2013 since they will make most money of it. According the article we already have a winner of ESC 2013 and it's Denmark.

Nonsense, since when is ESC about making the most money? Can you even mention an ESC that has made a surplus?

Nike

Nonsense, since when is ESC about making the most money? Can you even mention an ESC that has made a surplus?

So this means that Sweden will get absolut NOTHING in hosting ESC 2013 in Malmö?? It's Denmark who will take most money from the tourists. And they don't need tp pay anything for ESC 2013. It's Sweden who needs to pay for this. Sweden is the big loser of Malmö 2013.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

It's obvious that this is all about sensationalism rather than proper journalism. What we are saying is that any city that is close to a border should not be allowed to host due to possible financial exposure to their neighbours. Nobody is denying that Copenhagen will have a financial advantage due to the hosting decision but those claims are highly exaggerated.

Milos-BC

This is a pure sensationalism indeed. I heard some of these similar rumors before - that everything in ESC is predestined, that the winner is always a country that wants to pay the most, and a country that applies for the hosting even before the current ESC ends......so it doesn't matter what song they send they will still win.

But I never got any proof to believe in this, other than sayings "I have a secret insider, so I know". And also I never got an explanation how is it possible that each and every time the best song in the contest DOES win (we have our own tastes, so for us it is always a subjective thing when we speak about which song is the best, but when looking objectively, a song that appeals to most of the majority in the end wins).

So, if we take for granted that they decided to make Sweden win even in 2011, then how is it possible that "Euphoria" is such a worldwide hit now, and how is it possible that almost everyone (even people who are not regular ESC fans) thinks it was the best song? They adjusted the audience tastes as well? Or they maybe adjusted Melodifestivalen and made "Euphoria" win? Or they adjusted that a song like that is made, so that it can be a justified winner, and not a bad song winning because they made a deal before?

Some people enjoy in making conspiracy theories, and some other people enjoy reading them. But reality is one thing and fairytales are the other.

Nike

LalehForWD

This is a pure sensationalism indeed. I heard some of these similar rumors before - that everything in ESC is predestined, that the winner is always a country that wants to pay the most, and a country that applies for the hosting even before the current ESC ends......so it doesn't matter what song they send they will still win.

But I never got any proof to believe in this, other than sayings "I have a secret insider, so I know". And also I never got an explanation how is it possible that each and every time the best song in the contest DOES win (we have our own tastes, so for us it is always a subjective thing when we speak about which song is the best, but when looking objectively, a song that appeals to most of the majority in the end wins).

So, if we take for granted that they decided to make Sweden win even in 2011, then how is it possible that "Euphoria" is such a worldwide hit now, and how is it possible that almost everyone (even people who are not regular ESC fans) thinks it was the best song? They adjusted the audience tastes as well? Or they maybe adjusted Melodifestivalen and made "Euphoria" win? Or they adjusted that a song like that is made, so that it can be a justified winner, and not a bad song winning because they made a deal before?

Some people enjoy in making conspiracy theories, and some other people enjoy reading them. But reality is one thing and fairytales are the other.

So, you mean the decision is actually a coup d'état or rather a coup d'EBU? Sweden got its win but fooled the EBU by choosing a cheaper option. Is it possible we now can expect an retaliation from the big five? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Milos-BC

So, you mean the decision is actually a coup d'état or rather a coup d'EBU? Sweden got its win but fooled the EBU by choosing a cheaper option. Is it possible we now can expect an retaliation from the big five? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yes, those are the things that I heard from "people with great inside info". According to their sayings, everything is already decided, a country that wants to pay the most will win, it doesn't matter how the song will sound like, and other placements are also "predetermined". Of course, when I wanted proof for such statements I got none. It would be the same as if I came here and told you that I saw Loreen riding a flying dragon. When you ask for some proof, I say "I don't have any, but believe in my words".

of course! money makes better show, hah? people like show, and vote. thats all.

You are also from the story of "people with great inside info" or it is something else?

Top Bottom