I don't want to take on the pain
So, I go seek inner signs, or a calling
The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

earth

I really like the singer's voice, shame this song doesn't do it justice. It's not bad it's just boring. I'll give it a tentative 5 because they've got time to improve, but I don't think this is likely to qualify either way. Bulgaria was doing well these last 5 or so years, did something change behind the scenes?

Sabrewulf238

If we have a strong year this will become a sure NQ.

Not just that but if we do have a lot of rock songs this Eurovision.....I feel like this song is going to struggle a lot to stand out. (I guess it's early days yet, but I have to imagine there will be far better rock offerings from other countries)

There's something that feels very safe and middle of the road about this entry, it's just ok.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I guess I agree with most of you guys: boring and too generic :(
I like rock music, but this just seems like mainstream pop disguised as rock..? If that makes sense..? :unsure:

Being such a big fan of Elitsa and Stoyan, his appearence and the fact that it wasn't exactly bad resulted in :3: from me

I believe that the I.M.P. they are undergoing too severe judgments. Their only misfortune is that last year Måneskin and Blind Channel shocked Europe. Every Rock entry of 2022 risks being "trivial". But I believe that the love for songs grows with time (it's not always love at first sight). It is obvious that Bulgaria will not win the ESC 2022 and will not even reach the "Top 10" but "Intention" can qualify for the final (or do you want to tell me that the banal song by Benjamin Ingrosso from a few years ago deserved more than the final?) .

I smile to read many negative posts about I.M.P. and also of the common opinion on the Måneskin who now ... are respected by all! Here the forum speaks for itself. I have read many interventions last year and many Eurofans defined the Måneskin song as "noise" and others put as an example genres of Rock which, according to them, "are more beautiful and melodic". Unfortunately those "finest and most melodic" examples of Rock closely resemble I.M.P.'s "Intention". Here the calculation does not add up ... xshrug

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I believe that the I.M.P. they are undergoing too severe judgments. Their only misfortune is that last year Måneskin and Blind Channel shocked Europe. Every Rock entry of 2022 risks being "trivial". But I believe that the love for songs grows with time (it's not always love at first sight). It is obvious that Bulgaria will not win the ESC 2022 and will not even reach the "Top 10" but "Intention" can qualify for the final (or do you want to tell me that the banal song by Benjamin Ingrosso from a few years ago deserved more than the final?) .

I smile to read many negative posts about I.M.P. and also of the common opinion on the Måneskin who now ... are respected by all! Here the forum speaks for itself. I have read many interventions last year and many Eurofans defined the Måneskin song as "noise" and others put as an example genres of Rock which, according to them, "are more beautiful and melodic". Unfortunately those "finest and most melodic" examples of Rock closely resemble I.M.P.'s "Intention". Here the calculation does not add up ... xshrug

Måneskin sure isn't among my favorite winners, but I still like them (they were 5th-6h in my 2021-ranking), but they've made a lot of better songs

But when it comes to Benjamin Ingrosso... It's definitely the best entry from Sweden by far since Måns Zelmerlöv xshock

Ezio

Veteran
Sounds like a Heroes Del Silencio album filler of 20 years ago. Nice voice but the song gos nowhere. Compared to recent rock songs in Eurovision, it sounds lackluster.

Måneskin sure isn't among my favorite winners, but I still like them (they were 5th-6h in my 2021-ranking), but they've made a lot of better songs

But when it comes to Benjamin Ingrosso... It's definitely the best entry from Sweden by far since Måns Zelmerlöv xshock

Are you talking about this song by Benjamin Ingrosso? It sounds like a mix of Timberlake's falsetto vocals, 80s lights, smile + hair + dress + Backstreet Boys attitude … It's a weak song that never takes off ... Benji got a lot of help from the jury. On the contrary, John Lundvik deserved much more. If you tell me that Benji is the best revelation since Måns (who snatched a deserved victory of "Il Volo") I respect your point of view ...

The Måneskin with their past entry are undoubtedly superior to the I.M.P. and their new entry but we must not risk falling into the error of comparison. At this point, as I said, every Rock song this year risks failure. The song "Intention" is a pretty solid song, the guitar solo is good and the singer is good. The only flaw of "Intention", for me, is not a dated sound but the fact that at certain points in the song the melody "loses its compass". However, this does not affect too much and the piece is pleasant. I'm not talking about a masterpiece, a song that can win or reach good positions but the final the I.M.P. could reach it.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

Are you talking about this song by Benjamin Ingrosso? It sounds like a mix of Timberlake's falsetto vocals, 80s lights, smile + hair + dress + Backstreet Boys attitude … It's a weak song that never takes off ... Benji got a lot of help from the jury. On the contrary, John Lundvik deserved much more. If you tell me that Benji is the best revelation since Måns (who snatched a deserved victory of "Il Volo") I respect your point of view ...

The Måneskin with their past entry are undoubtedly superior to the I.M.P. and their new entry but we must not risk falling into the error of comparison. At this point, as I said, every Rock song this year risks failure. The song "Intention" is a pretty solid song, the guitar solo is good and the singer is good. The only flaw of "Intention", for me, is not a dated sound but the fact that at certain points in the song the melody "loses its compass". However, this does not affect too much and the piece is pleasant. I'm not talking about a masterpiece, a song that can win or reach good positions but the final the I.M.P. could reach it.
What?! I'm like... What?!
You honestly believe that John Lundvik was better? "Too Late For Love" was even more boring than "Grande Amore", and Il Volo being anywhere near top 20 is one of the biggest crimes in recent ESC-history

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
About "Intention" I sort of agree. The guitar solo is good, and though I'm still not a fan of the song being that insignificant I do
acknowledge some kind of professionalism. Still I don't see it qualifying, but we don't know any of the other entries so who knows..? ;)

Points of view ... for me "Too Late For Love" was a song with a certain degree of balance and solidity. I remember I liked it. If I have understood correctly and I have not committed to reading, do you consider "Grande Amore" not worthy of being in the "Top 20"? Unfortunately, most of the European public thought otherwise. This is not a point of view but a fact.

About "Intention" I sort of agree. The guitar solo is good, and though I'm still not a fan of the song being that insignificant I do
acknowledge some kind of professionalism. Still I don't see it qualifying, but we don't know any of the other entries so who knows..? ;)
Anything could happen. Still a lot of songs have to enter the competition. Are we sure they will all be superior? We look forward and we will find out xwaitxup

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Points of view ... for me "Too Late For Love" was a song with a certain degree of balance and solidity. I remember I liked it. If I have understood correctly and I have not committed to reading, do you consider "Grande Amore" not worthy of being in the "Top 20"? Unfortunately, most of the European public thought otherwise. This is not a point of view but a fact.
Sure, it's a fact that far too many people liked "Grande Amore" so I guess their spot in top 3 is well deserved, though I really don't understand it ;)
I'm a very big fan of the opera and go to watch performances wherever and whenever I can afford to, but it annoys me when pop singers try to sing opera and fail big time. They may be brilliant pop singers, but then I think they should stick to something they can do.
Though Elina Netšajeva had a sort of mediocore pop-song, I loved it, because she could actually sing the opera like she was supposed to :love:

soulm8

Plenty of time to change the song( and the group). It’s a nice early promotion for these guys. But Bulgaria being at last place with the bookies is funny as hell. I’m waiting for new song. Lol

Biscuit02

Plenty of time to change the song( and the group). It’s a nice early promotion for these guys. But Bulgaria being at last place with the bookies is funny as hell. I’m waiting for new song. Lol
LOL, now that Belarus is no longer here, we can become the new Belarus, with changing our entry.

Top Bottom