I don't want to take on the pain
So, I go seek inner signs, or a calling
The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

aef

I'm sorry but I don't like this at all.. Feels like I've heard this song a thousand times before... 2 points from me.

CPV4931

A solid song, but I have the feeling, that something is misshing here... 6 points for the moment

burrito

not the worst, not the best either. :4: for now

Solid piece of dad rock, started out pretty good and then went downhill, good verses, weaker bridge and chorus which melody i forgot by now. Overall a bit boring for me, but I can see the appeal for the older audience.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
What is this weak chorus ? I spent my teenager years listening to this type of rock so my high points should be a given, but where is the epicness ? Pretty subpar.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You can really tell that the team behind Bulgaria's entries has changed here. This feels like it would be a complete non starter at the contest. Having said that, it does possess some charm. There's nothing calculated here. It's just six mature gentlemen doing rock their way with for better or worse, no compromises. It's incredibly soft and easy listening. As others have stated, the chorus is underwhelming. At the same time though it managed to stick in my head after just one listen, and maybe that counts for something? Melodically it is sticky. Their lead guy is charismatic but could shine brighter with a stronger song. This one as it is now holds him back somewhat.

I'll give our first Eurovision song for 2022 a cautious :6: for now. I do enjoy it for what it is, a cheesy piece of soft hair metal but they need to go bigger with it. Everything needs to be turned up a notch or five. The good thing is they've got plenty of time to do it.

Last edited:

shameless

I am surprised how a rock-song can be such middle of the road. It could be much easier more memorable if the lead singer would've put more power into it. Don't think this has chances to score well.
5 pts

Grinch

I really like this song! Gives me 80's glam rock vibes xheart but I know it's not for everyone and after a few entries, it might be forgettable in the semi. So it could use some revisions.

I bims

Veteran
First :1: point of the year and it hasn't even started.

Listened to it once, already can't remember a single thing about it while feeling as if I've heard this song a million times before. It really sounds like the opening song for a new Power Rangers edition.

Fluke

Typical East European soft-hard-rock with no energy, no "bite", and a weak and a confusing song structure that only seems to soften instead of building to a climax. The chorus is not memorable and the performers don't really have much charisma, the vocals don't stand out like they should in this type of music, it's not really bad sounding in any way but i think it fails to deliver anything memorable, needed for any first time listeners to care.

So what are the chances for this? Bulgaria usually does really well, and i think this can make the final with a good performance. There's a good chance the live version is going to sound better than the studio version, certainly "punchier" which the song needs, and with a fitting stage show this could make a low left side placement. But i think unless they really nail it on stage, it will come across as bland and forgettable in the contest, especially if there's more and better rock entries in the semi, and a first flop for Bulgaria is entirely possible.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bulgaria have gone back to their ESC dark age.
I've said it before but Ironically enough, I much prefer their 'dark age'. They flopped but at least it was with entries that felt more authentic and fun, After Poli who was super great they've just been so... bland. Everything has been super calculated, sterile, overthought with a degree of desperation thrown in, which for me made for some entries that weren't the slightest bit impressive.

That said, this song is eh. It's not awful, even if the poor chorus is close enough to it. just all around very mediocre. A harsh :2: although, with it being the first entry that could easily change.

hijirio

Veteran
Bulgaria what did you do

giphy.gif

I mean....... Na Inat was 10 years ago, but it still sounds more fresh and more accessible compared to what Bulgaria offered us today in 2021....

And these singers... They look and sound so amateurish.

As if the song was not bland enough, the English lyrics aren't helping at all either.

I'm sorry, I have nothing good to say about this.

A generous 0 points.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I have so many questions, and I sound like Trijntje Oosterhuis asking most of them

Ajeje Brazorf

It's a middle of the road song: not bad but nothing memorable. I don't dislike it, but I don't think it will do well either. It's a :5: for me.

Top Bottom