They were sending me to war

I don't want to take on the pain
So, I go seek inner signs, or a calling
The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Many have underestimated the I.M.P. because of their name, their "non-freshness" and the Rock choice xbeee, instead I think and am surprised that they have brought a great entry xup

The Rock of the I.M.P. it is more suitable, than the "more angular" one of Måneskin, to make happy the ears of all those who last year said they preferred a "more melodic Rock" xviolinThe song "Intention" has a nice sound, a chorus that is remembered and sung and finally, the I.M.P. they have a good stage presence. True, the song "Intention" winks nostalgically at the past but has an evergreen style that I really liked.

It is obvious that after Måneskin it is difficult for Rock to triumph and still shock the European public. The song is strong but not able to arouse conflicting emotions like "Zitti e Buoni" xshrugHowever, I want to unbalance myself, this song can reach the final and a decent position in the standings.

Brava Bulgaria! xmetal Vote :8:

For the moment, "Road to Varna"! Dracula… ad portas! 🧛‍♂️ xshock1::lol:

hpp0

It is a pleasant song to listen to, but the chorus is pretty underwhelming. I really like the bridge and the guitar solo though. It most likely won't do well, especially considering that we will probably have more rock entries this year, but with a good performance, it could get a decent result in the final (around 18th - 22nd).

Biscuit02

This really sounds like an anime or a video game opening theme doesn't it? I don't know if that's a compliment or not.

pardoESC

I want to thank Meneskin, for winning her last Eurovision, because thanks to her winning, we're going to have a lot of rock songs and I'm dying for it. Great song, gives a strong vibe of 80s rock, I love the hoarseness of the band's lead singer

BorisBubbles

Veteran
A pallid queen knock-off. Not unlistenable I suppose, but it holds no points of interest.

12 points from Albania's jury! (in the semi because it's not qualifying)

oh and a mediocre :5: points in the poll.

heke1988

Song is ok rock-song, but something is missing. And I am not sure, do I like vocalist voice. But I will wait, what Intelligent Music Project brings to Eurovision stage.

I give this :7: for now.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Makes me think about old-school Stallone movies' soundtrack but clearly, the chorus isn't strong enough and the mixing makes it quite flat. I quite dig the vocals though, but the song makes me politely uninterested, too much dad-rock for me. It could work well live though, let's see.

:5: for now.

Mainshow

Veteran
:6: for now. That chorus is low-key criminal for being underwhelming, but i like the verses and the guitar solo
I have to give :5: but I agree with everything you said. I´d like to add that I enjoy the lead singer`s voice but overall, the chorus is such a letdown. Honestly, I can´t remember anything from that chorus.

They will definitely struggle to qualify with this entry even though it is not "that" bad.
Depending on the jury members and the competition they might sneak in, though. Who would have thought that "Lonely Planet" (:am: 2013) was heavily supported by the juries (I think it was in their Top 6?)

Sammy

Veteran
A solid rock song that I can enjoy a lot. I'm glad, they didn't go for a Maneskin-Pastiche and I'm already waiting for all the comments who claim that it were. :mrgreen:
I have the feeling though that this could be much better if there wasn't the 3 min rule. The guitar-solo seems to be cut off prematurely and there are a couple of other parts that build up to something which there's obviously not enough time for.
Still - for me this is a very good start into the season and I give it 8 points for the moment. Not sure if this is a fader, but I doubt it'll be a grower.

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
same... don't get the people who don't.
I'd say it's 90% the matter of personal taste, but the so called "try hard bulgaria" managed to reach an opposite effect on me.

-Okay, Poli was just really good (fit to my taste). I have nothing to say. xbow

-I didn't mind the studio version of "Beautiful Mess", but i lost interest in the song after the contest. I guess it's the staging? All this hype for a song that was a borderline qualifer in my eyes at best? :lol:

-Everything about Equinox was more calculated than the times of actual equinoxes. And the song felt as sterile as a science lab. Other "supergroups" made for eurovision only, had more substance to it. Genealogy sucked too, but at least had one meaning, six4one was like: "let's make a cliche just because we can and if you don't like it, that's not our problem", Bosnia 2016 threw four different people in a blender because they wanted to see what would happen.:LOL:

-They decided to withdraw in 2019 instead of finding some rich folk to send themselves. Financial troubles are a valid reason to not participate, but if i remember correctly, they were so desperate to win, that no one was deemed good enough. That's exactly how single women aged 40+ become cat ladies. xqueenbitch

-Somehow i found myself liking (not loving, but liking) "Tears Getting Sober", and i still do, but two in a row was a challenge too big for Victoria. I don't hold any grudges towards her for choosing the song she wanted (G.U.I.G.O.), but it makes me question, what was the point of bulgarian delegation asking fans for their input if they didn't even reveal the results?

Top Bottom