Contact us

BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA 2013 - not taking part

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Their entry in 2011 is so overrated here xstars

Yes, Dino Merlin is a very good musician, but what was so special with that song? :?

Their best entries: 2006, 2007, 2009

It was terrible live, but I still listen to the studio version to this day. Really catchy and sweet.

Petar

So Bosnia is definitely not competing in Malmo! :( BHRT announced the official withdrawal on their site...

GRE

Yes Bosnia is officially out.
The Bosnian Head of Delegation, Mrs. Lejla A. Babović, said to klix.ba:

This right can not be passed on to anyone else. Just as the National Football Association are the only ones who can send a BIH team to European and World Cups, BHRT are the only ones who can select and send an entry for Eurovision.

Reacting towards the offer of the group Zoster, who said they can find the accomodation themselves, Mrs. Babović says:

The artists have to be accomodated in one of the official hotels of Eurovision, and that is a system everyone has to respect. The rules of the EBU are that they allocate official hotels for the delegations, fans and journalists, and those are the only hotels you can stay in.

She also added:

Eurovision is an institution. If we are not able to go this year, let’s start preparing ourselves already in spring. I’m up for promoting our country in every possible way, but if we are unable to do so the way we know and the way we can, it is better to withdraw for a year.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's sad news but their attitude at least isn't the worst. It's quite obvious that this is only a one year break (unless the finacial situation worsens) but of course we'll miss them in Malmo.

Scooby

Dear Lejla just go to hell please. That women is very well known for nationalistic attitudes. And every newspaper in BiH says this is political decision, not financial. Maja Tatić say today she can't believe that national television don't have 15.000 euros for Eurovision, but they can pay 50.000 euros for complete season of alpine skiing world cup. (And winter sports in Balkans are popular as rhythmic gymnastics in Vatican looool)

evilperson

^ Yeah I don't believe this was financially motivated. There was definitely a different reason that they aren't being upfront about.

A-lister

Veteran
Dear Lejla just go to hell please. That women is very well known for nationalistic attitudes. And every newspaper in BiH says this is political decision, not financial. Maja Tatić say today she can't believe that national television don't have 15.000 euros for Eurovision, but they can pay 50.000 euros for complete season of alpine skiing world cup. (And winter sports in Balkans are popular as rhythmic gymnastics in Vatican looool)

Hmm, for us who don't really know who this Lejla really is and stand for and the whole political situation, could you please explain how this is politically motivated? I'm curious to know :)

Impressive

Banned
Thunder and Lightning by Vukasin Brajic is very underrated here :? 2010's best entry belongs to BiH IMO.

randajad

Veteran
Well, I am very sad because we are withdrawing, but I believe it is better to make a pause than sending some crap and failing just to be part of Eurovision.

BGN

BHRT rejected all proposals for cooperation and Bosnia definately will be out.

uninvited

Uh, so much has been said here.

Okay, first of all, this band Alexandria was never meant to go to Eurovision. They weren't selected, approached or promised anything. :? They said it themselves in an interview for RTRS. They simply had a song they thought would be fitting for ESC and were looking for a way to present it. BHRT never made any call for authors to submit songs. Which I find ridiculous and completely untransparent, but that's how they did it the last few years. By all accounts, they didn't even approach any of the 'bigger' names either, which is what they did with Dino Merlin in 2011, Hari Mata Hari this year and few other famous singers/bands who eventually didn't get to represent Bosnia. Which frankly doesn't surprise me, considering their involvment in promoting our last year entry was minimal - Maya Sar basically did all promotion by herself recording English and Italian versions, making video etc. So, it's clear the new team with Lejla Babovic in charge doesn't really care about ESC and will probably spend the money some other way. I wouldn't mind if they used it to improve the quality of programme, but since this is Bosnia, they are probably going to spend it buying themselves expensive new things.

uninvited

And I agree with someone who said it's better that we withdraw than to send crap. Our music scene has never been this bad, I think we had more vibrant music scene during the war than right now :p There aren't any good composers/songwriters in Bosnia. :(

Top Bottom