16 7.2%

15 6.8%

28 12.6%

• Total voters

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: BELGIUM 2016

How pointless are the two extra shows? ZoboCamel covers it really but they shouldn't be in the NF at that stage if they cannot sing live, so it shouldn't need to be tested. Also why a show to present the songs? :? They might as well present them in the final and let people vote there...

popavapeur

How boring is all that ? C'mon VRT, you just have to copy paste last year's entry with a swedish author behind, put a girl, some creepy warrior make up and we're good.

Sim

How boring is all that ? C'mon VRT, you just have to copy paste last year's entry with a swedish author behind, put a girl, some creepy warrior make up and we're good.

seriously? That would be the biggest mistake we could make...

popavapeur

seriously? That would be the biggest mistake we could make...

That was ironic.

btw i don't feel any "winner power" in these folks that's why i'm kinda disappointed. it looks very "discreet" for something like ESC where the persona is as important as the song itself (i know we don't have a clue about the songs, and someone flat can turn into a superstar with good marketing and make up).

Wait & see. (i felt the same way about Loïc last year, i'm willing to be impressed)

Sim

That was ironic.

btw i don't feel any "winner power" in these folks that's why i'm kinda disappointed. it looks very "discreet" for something like ESC where the persona is as important as the song itself (i know we don't have a clue about the songs, and someone flat can turn into a superstar with good marketing and make up).

Wait & see. (i felt the same way about Loïc last year, i'm willing to be impressed)

It will be hard to beat Loic :D

PamSwynford

It seemes like there will be a panel after all, and it will include Hadise and Christer Björkman. The escforum source said that it will be official today in the afternoon.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Oh for goodness sake. Christer Bjorkman. -_- Why do they think it's a great idea to have the HOD of a rival competitor on their jury panel. Honestly an awful decision, I don't get why countries go flocking to him, He ruined Cyprus this year he will do the same to Belgium. Hadise I cannot possibly say because I haven't seen her be a juror on any show i've watched. :lol: But I'm looking forward to her, Even if I do believe they should use actual Belgian people on the jury.

Not exactly as fun as Ruslana is it :lol:

5975R5P.gif

Ruslana Icon. xheat This is up there with her Romanian NF hijack and mini concert. xlove

GWTW1939

Oh for goodness sake. Christer Bjorkman. -_- Why do they think it's a great idea to have the HOD of a rival competitor on their jury panel. Honestly an awful decision, I don't get why countries go flocking to him, He ruined Cyprus this year he will do the same to Belgium. Hadise I cannot possibly say because I haven't seen her be a juror on any show i've watched. :lol: But I'm looking forward to her, Even if I do believe they should use actual Belgian people on the jury.

Fanboys keep saying he has no backroom influence but the fact that as a rival HOD he gets invited to these things tells you all you need to know. He may have been kicked off that panel last year but his influence still lingers x0s

And Cyprus made the final so.....xshrug

PamSwynford

There will be six experts: Stijn Kolacny, Alexander Rybak (ESC 2009), Tom Helsen, Beverly Jo Scott (Loic's menthor in The Voice), Hadise (ESC 2009) and Christer Björkman (ESC 1992). Every show there will be 2 experts, one foreign and one Belgian.
3rd January - Stijn & Alexander
10th January - Tom & BJ Scott
17rd January - Hadise & Christer

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Different 'experts' each show? it seems an odd thing to do, considering they will probably giving different opinions and advice each time. It would have been best to have the Belgians there for all 3 shows the the other 3 as a guest on each show.

Sim

In the first show every contestant brings a cover of an Eurovision song.
These are the songs ("pretty safe choices", like I tought)

Adil Araab - Hold me now (Johnny Logan, 1987)
Amaryllis Uitterlinden - Euphoria (Loreen, 2012)
Laura Tesoro - Düm Tek Tek (Hadise, 2009)
Astrid Destuyver - Everyway that I can (Sertab Erener, 2003)
Tom Frantzis - Rhythm Inside (Loïc Nottet, 2015)

Bench

Does anyone know if there is going to be a livestream of the Belgian shows somewhere?

Sammy

Veteran

Is there any decision made tonight or is it "just" for introducing the candidates?

Top Bottom