18 8.1%

16 7.2%

15 6.8%

28 12.6%

• Total voters

lowyby

Re: BELGIUM 2016

That is subjective.
We are talking about results now, aren't we?
Otherwise somebody could tell that Axel was underrated.

Well implying the fact that VRT also chose Tom Dice is also kinda subjective because it handles about the results too :¨
The pot blames the kettle

Sim

+ Tom Dice. ;)

Well it was the only time the VRT let an artist do what he wanted and it worked.
With Iris they choose 2 songs who were awful and Eurosong 2014 was awful as well

For my country I think it's best they search an artist who really wants to go to Eurovision
and want to dedicate for it for some months, but the artist has all freedom!

Rayman

I think that Laurent Pagna can be a very nice participant for Belgirum. He won The Voice Belgique last year and he sings wonderfully in French, in English and in Italian.

tuorem

I've got a question for you guys: in case of a Belgian win (VRT or RTBF, whatever), which broadcaster will be responsible for hosting the contest? Does the switch still apply? Would they co-host?

Verjamem

I've got a question for you guys: in case of a Belgian win (VRT or RTBF, whatever), which broadcaster will be responsible for hosting the contest? Does the switch still apply? Would they co-host?
After RTBF's victory in 1986, ESC 1987 was hosted by them and VRT chose a Belgian entry that year. I don't know how is situation now, but I guess it would be the same ;)

DanielLuis

I think as the costs are so much higher nowadays they'd do it together

Bench

I think as the costs are so much higher nowadays they'd do it together

Hm don't think so. They are to independent imo. Its gonna be the broadcaster who actually wins who is going to host the contest and the other one may send a song I think.

But indeed you never know, maybe like jesc in 2005 they would do it together.. But then there was no winner from one of the broadcasters..

Sim

According to Tom Lenaerts, who at this moment is presenting a show at VRT, his show stops mid or end december and after this there would be a program about the Eurovision Song Contest :D

(no confirmation yet received from VRT)

AlekS

Veteran

Out of these 5 rumoured names ... pls Belgium, don't screw up and choose Tom Frantzis.

PamSwynford

Like [MENTION=7898]lowyby[/MENTION] said:
Three shows, on 3, 10 & 17th of january
- First show will be covers
- Second show will be the presentation of the song
- Third show will be the songs once again + the act as it should be in Stockholm

Voting will be 50% televoting, 50% international juries (10 to be precise)
It seems like there won't be a panel
Peter Van De Veire will present alone, Eva Daeleman won't be there

Bench

Yeej, total new concept. And I like it! I'm sure they all five are talented and they really get good support and guidance. Soo I'm really curious about the result :D

ZoboCamel

I never really got the point of a cover round in national finals. What's the point of judging how well they can sing somebody else's song? It's the Eurovision Song contest; you're not going to get too far with a good voice if your song isn't up to scratch, and kicking someone out in that first round just because they chose a cover that doesn't highlight their voice could mean losing the best song & singer combination of the lot. Unless the cover round doesn't end with any eliminations? Even then, though, it still seems pointless...

That said, hopefully Belgium will end up with another good song this year! I've never been their biggest supporter in Eurovision but I was one of the few people who liked their 2014 entry, and I think their 4th place was well-deserved this year.

Bench

I never really got the point of a cover round in national finals. What's the point of judging how well they can sing somebody else's song? It's the Eurovision Song contest; you're not going to get too far with a good voice if your song isn't up to scratch, and kicking someone out in that first round just because they chose a cover that doesn't highlight their voice could mean losing the best song & singer combination of the lot. Unless the cover round doesn't end with any eliminations? Even then, though, it still seems pointless...

That said, hopefully Belgium will end up with another good song this year! I've never been their biggest supporter in Eurovision but I was one of the few people who liked their 2014 entry, and I think their 4th place was well-deserved this year.

I see your point but indeed there wont be eliminations after this first cover round. I think its just to present the candidates a first time, so everybody gets to know them a little bit and without directly also showing the song. Otherwise the excitement would be gone already in the first show.

ZoboCamel

I see your point but indeed there wont be eliminations after this first cover round. I think its just to present the candidates a first time, so everybody gets to know them a little bit and without directly also showing the song. Otherwise they excitement would be gone already in the first show.

I'm not sure I'd say the excitement would be gone - most other NFs manage to be plenty exciting without adding a pointless introduction-only first round. Plus, at least on a personal level, I often end up just not following the more complex NFs at all, since when I first check them out I just see some covers, get bored and drift away. That said, it's nice to hear that there won't be any eliminations!

Sammy

Veteran

After the first clip (honestly not enough to say anything valid, but still), the male voices and the girl who sings in second place in the clip seem to me stronger and more interesting than the last two ones. Especially the one who sings "Euphoria" did non convince me at all...

Top Bottom