Contact us

Balearica Island has the kinda beat that goes RATATA (NSC 227)

How should the Balearica Island 150 entries milestone be celebrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TF100

Re: Balearica Island - NSC 55 - Super Mari(huan)o Bross

I love this :D Not sure how surprising that is anymore though :lol:

Simon87

strange song :ugeek:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Hmm. Unsure about this one, might need a few listens :ugeek:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Simon87 said:
strange song :ugeek:
A bit, yeah. :p

Sean said:
Hehe, I first heard this in a club here in Trondheim, where they actually played psytrance for once, and I loved it immediately. :D
Hoping people who's played Super Mario at some point will find it interesting. :)

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Morty said:
Sean said:
Hehe, I first heard this in a club here in Trondheim, where they actually played psytrance for once, and I loved it immediately. :D
Hoping people who's played Super Mario at some point will find it interesting. :)

Oh it's definitely interesting all right :mrgreen: :lol: Just dunno what to make of it just yet tbh

94ayd

It's cool! It's toooooooo long. :lol: I doubt you'll send a song I like as much as "No Limit" soon. ;)

No Name

Finally! I think I have requested psychedelic trance before for Balearica Island so I'm glad you took the final step. As a psy-trance fan I loved every piece of it, especially the Super Mario-parts. Maybe this is not a track for the mainstream audience but it also took some time for me before I fell in love with this genre. Hopefully this can surprise in the semi. :D

Morty

94ayd said:
It's cool! It's toooooooo long. :lol: I doubt you'll send a song I like as much as "No Limit" soon. ;)
I'd say it's perfect length, I don't really like songs that are 3-4 minutes, because they're too short. The better the song is, the longer I want it to be. :p

No Name said:
Finally! I think I have requested psychedelic trance before for Balearica Island so I'm glad you took the final step. As a psy-trance fan I loved every piece of it, especially the Super Mario-parts. Maybe this is not a track for the mainstream audience but it also took some time for me before I fell in love with this genre. Hopefully this can surprise in the semi. :D
You have? :shock: About time I listened then. :lol:
Psytrance could go both ways, I think. I have some friends who don't really like trance, except for psytrance, so you never know. I'll be surprised if I qualify to the final tho. :p

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I don't think i've ever come across a sane Central American artist :lol: They're all crazy and i love them :p
This is such an awesome entry (psytrance is probably my favourite kind) and the super mario parts just make it all the more amazing :mrgreen:

Morty

berlyda said:
I don't think i've ever come across a sane Central American artist :lol: They're all crazy and i love them :p
This is such an awesome entry (psytrance is probably my favourite kind) and the super mario parts just make it all the more amazing :mrgreen:
Hmmz, I didn't see this post. :?
Anyway, sanity is overrated. Life is much more entertaining when you're not sane. :p I didn't know Shove and Barak were Mexican at first tho, I thought they were Israeli. Turns out psytrance is pretty popular in Mexico, and far more international than I thought. Which is great. :D Also great to hear you like it too. :D

Morty

Re: Balearica Island - NSC 56 - Sexy Love

And on to something completely different again. I should have posted this earlier, but I've been really busy, and barely remembered to even enter a song. :oops:

Anyway, for NSC 56, we're going to Romania for some sexy house music. :)

[youtube:1tc9bltm]U6EvtlcHPnw[/youtube:1tc9bltm]

lolip

Re: Balearica Island - NSC 56 - Sexy Love

Sexy love,sexy love!!! Woho! I love this one!!! :D :D

Morty

Re: Balearica Island - NSC 57 - Project Well

Sexy Love was apparently not sexy enough, but we're staying in Eastern Europe. This time it's a Polish song from 2005, which is best known in Norway as "Pulesangen" (The F***ing Song). You might understand why. :lol:

Morty

Re: Balearica Island - NSC 58 - A word from the President

For those who's read the information about Balearica Island, you know Roger Shah is our president. Well, for this NSC edition, he is performing our entry together with Inger Hansen, using his alias Sunlounger. The song Breaking Waves is featured on his new Sunlounger album "The Beach Side Of Life", which is being released next month.

And I actually met Roger Shah (in real life) last weekend. :D

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

I like it, good entry :D good luck and go we with Armada DJs xD

Leaf

If it doesn't qualify, is he getting overthrown? :lol:

Morty

Hehe, nah, but he might remove us from the NSC. :O Altho with the recent results we've achieved in the NSC, expectations aren't sky high.

Morty

Re: Balearica Island - The return

A tough month for Balearica Island, as Breaking Waves failed completely, and the president fell down 13 spots in the DJ Mag Top 100 list (where Armin van Buuren won for the 4th year in a row). Still in the Top 40 tho. :) So after taking an edition off (for other reasons), here is the return to NSC. I realized there haven't been a Norwegian entry from Balearica Island since NSC 42, so it is now time again, and just as The Blizzard, we present something from the northern part of Norway. Ørjan Nilsen (often written Orjan or Orjan Nilsen) with the song "So Long Radio". As usual with videos from Armada Music, there's an annoying ad at the beginning, but I can't really do anything about it. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here it is, Ørjan Nilsen - So Long Radio:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: Balearica Island - The return

Ooh this is the song from one of those Armada adverts :lol: Welcome back, great entry :D

Top Bottom