Contact us

Balearica Island has the kinda beat that goes RATATA (NSC 227)

How should the Balearica Island 150 entries milestone be celebrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Re: Balearica Island - Withdrawing

Ah :( S&M could have been amazing entry from Balearica Island :D

Simon87

To bad :/

takeru

Oh no :( This is unfortunate news. I know how crushing it feels, it happened to me in a recent edition too ;_;

Although we'll be missing Balearica Island in NSC 64, I hope we'll still get to see your favourite own entry in 'Absolutely Everybody' though Morty :) You have til the 3rd to pick your favourite from NSC 43-NSC 60 ;) xcheer1

Canuck

You're coming back for 65, right? :D

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Talk with Cleo, i bet he'll understand.
I'm not stealing his entry, whether he's ok with it or not. He beat me to it, and I wouldn't feel good about sending a song someone else had already picked.

Oh no :( This is unfortunate news. I know how crushing it feels, it happened to me in a recent edition too ;_;

Although we'll be missing Balearica Island in NSC 64, I hope we'll still get to see your favourite own entry in 'Absolutely Everybody' though Morty :) You have til the 3rd to pick your favourite from NSC 43-NSC 60 ;) xcheer1
Well, with any other song, it wouldn't have been that much of a problem. But this one is special, as I've been into S&M myself my whole life, and I'm really happy to see it get more accepted, even tho I doubt most people really care about it at all. Competing against this song simply isn't an option. I still hope it does well tho. :)
About AE, I doubt it. I don't have any songs that would get into top 50 anyway, and my favorite entry ended last in the semi when I entered it.

You're coming back for 65, right? :D
I've planned my entry for NSC 65 ever since I joined NSC, so yeah, I'll be returning for that. Might be my last entry tho.

OMG :shock: Too bad :eek: i'm very sad ! :( :(
Meh, you couldn't have known.

takeru

Morty said:
I don't have any songs that would get into top 50 anyway, and my favorite entry ended last in the semi when I entered it.

Absolutely Everybody isn't about results; it's a celebration of everyone's own personal favourite NSC entry ;) The voting won't even be a big part, it's all optional :) We already have many last places entered already, so it's not something to worry about :p Is this favourite entry of yours 'Breaking Waves' by any chance? It's a nice song, and would make a super Balearican entry :)

And I'm glad we'll see Balearica Island again in NSC 65, especially with such a long-planned song :cool: And I hope you get a placing you deserve more too; Balearica is definitely one of our underrated nations :(

Morty

Absolutely Everybody isn't about results; it's a celebration of everyone's own personal favourite NSC entry ;) The voting won't even be a big part, it's all optional :) We already have many last places entered already, so it's not something to worry about :p Is this favourite entry of yours 'Breaking Waves' by any chance? It's a nice song, and would make a super Balearican entry :)
Yeah, it's Breaking Waves. :)

And I'm glad we'll see Balearica Island again in NSC 65, especially with such a long-planned song :cool: And I hope you get a placing you deserve more too; Balearica is definitely one of our underrated nations :(
I wouldn't count on it. I've heard rumours that people are getting tired of me sending only EDM, so I doubt I'll ever qualify to a final again. EDM isn't popular enough in NSC. :( There's also a chance someone else has the same idea as me tho, so I might get the same problem as this edition. :p

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Switch to metal?

Seriously though, FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

dogmeat

"Armada Music! :eek: What a suprise!" has become popular joke about Balearica Island :lol: But it doesn't mean people are "tired" of your entries and would like you to start sending what you don't feel like. One of the most important features of NSC for me is diversity, what makes countries, whose styles stand out from the others and thus are constantly underrated, most valueable for the contest.

takeru

Yeah, it's Breaking Waves. :)

We'll confirm that as your entry then! xcheer1

And I agree with Orian :) Even though I have been one to say that I might be a bit tired of the Balearican style :oops: But that's just my own personal music taste, and even so, there are maany Balearican entries I've loved :D. And despite saying that, I still always appreciate the many different sides of EDM you introduce to NSC, from trance, to hardstyle, to cheesy 80s disco :lol: It's very admirable to see a nation who sticks to their guns and sends their favourite music no matter what. Balearica Island has a definite identity in NSC; it would be a great shame to lose you :(

Morty

Ok, confirm it then. :p

I can understand you, in one way, as the variation from Balearica Island isn't as wide as most other nations. But since the songs I send are always just one out of 55-60 songs each edition, it shouldn't really be a problem. The entry for NSC 65 is a genre I haven't sent before (italodance), and I still haven't sent hardcore or dubstep either (got a potensial candidate for dubstep, but it's another one I think might get picket by someone else, as I'm still waiting for a video on it), so still got quite a bit to choose from. But like I've said a few times, I'm not really in this to win, I'm in this to show what music I like. Would be nice to qualify every once in a while tho. :p I think Rihanna could have made me qualify tho, but stars have failed in NSC before, so maybe not. I got a theory that I might be scoring less than you say I deserve because I'm not a very active member around here, people don't really know me, so they give points to people they've gotten closer to instead. I hope I'm wrong tho, but some nations seem to qualify a lot more often than others... But there could be many reasons for that, so I'm not gonna go on about that. :p

Morty

Re: Balearica Island moves your body

Ok, time for an update.

As I sort of feared, Rihanna - S&M would probably have been Balearica Island's only chance to ever do good in this, as I don't see myself sending anything that commercial unless there's a hidden meaning behind it. But we'll see, I guess...

However, I've decided to not withdraw permanently (pause for applause or loud sighs :lol: ). The Balearican entry for NSC 65 has been planned for a really long time, it would have to be Eiffel 65. Blue (Da Ba Dee) had been entered before, so I chose a different hit from the Europop album; Move Your Body. A tough choice tho, as I like Too Much Of Heaven a lot as well...

And I've also decided to enter a spinoff contest again. The Covers/Remixes Spinoff #2 is gonna be the 5th spinoff for Balearica Island.

The original was sent by Maccha-Brugia in NSC 27, and didn't perform very well, but maybe given the touch of Calypso's winning artist in NSC 54 will help it higher on the lists. The song is Zornik - Scared Of Yourself, remixed by Peter Luts.

Morty

Re: Balearica Island moves your body

Ooo...k. :p

Yeah, the 90's were awesome. And in April, there's a big 90's tour in Norway, with 2 Unlimited, Vengaboys, Dr. Alban, E-Type, Infinity and Reset. It's gonna be an incredible night. :D

Top Bottom