Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Efendi is hyping her song. She promises a big stage show.

That picture is so emo girl ala Billie Ellish, which is so weird as we know she is not heading towards that direction for her entry.
I mean it's Azerbaijan, a big stage show is a given.

Mainshow

Veteran
Where are you!?!?
After that "super(disappointing)Saturday" I need something to bop to!!!

Mrm

Veteran
It's almost surreal to think that this country neighbors the Islamic Republic of Iran and at least formally shares the same religious branch.

#FreeIran #LetIranianWomenShakeTheirAssesToo
I know some ppl who have lived in AZE from hear, and in Reality it is not like in these videos.. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
I know some ppl who have lived in AZE from hear, and in Reality it is not like in these videos.. xshrug

I don't know anywhere it's "in reality" like in videos like these, maybe in strip clubs :lol:

But it still shows what two universes resides just next to each other (even when historically speaking they weren't really that much apart).

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

The rights and democracy in Azerbaijan are not on the high level at all, I didnt mean the video of course but generally.. Maybe Baku is not that conservative, but outside... xshrug
Azerbaijan was under USSR, Iran not..
And Azeris are not Iranian ppl, but Turkish..

hijirio

Veteran
@Mrm

Hey sis, what are your favourite Greek entries from the past decade????

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

The rights and democracy in Azerbaijan are not on the high level at all, I didnt mean the video of course but generally.. Maybe Baku is not that conservative, but outside... xshrug

We are talking about different types of "rights" here though, women for sure are more free in Azerbaijan than Iran. Surely the country is still conservative in a European context, but it's still closer to Europe in terms of women's rights than it's close to Iran (and these days even Turkey is more conservative and Islamic than Azerbaijan).

I know that Azerbaijan was under USSR and that "heritage" is probably part of the reason it stayed a secular republic, but Azerbaijan shares alot of common history with Iran if we go back in time and are also Shia muslims like in Iran (Turkey is Sunni).

Last edited:

astatine86

@A-lister

Turkic, not Turkish.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
I hope her entry won't be oriental ethno fake uptempo pop..
I hope she will go down different approach, but Im not expecting to love this entry.. Prove me wrong Azerbaijan...

DenizESC

Banned
@A-lister
agree with ya
literally almost like 30% of the country lives in Baku iirc btw

what villages are super progressive anyway, democracy really isn't great though indeed XD kinda a dictatorship, but I prefer theirs over ours tbeh or even some democracies lmao 💀 I can't say they are great but Baku is hot!! I can't say they are very conservative, but definitely culturally it can be conservative compared to Europe in some ways but indeed nowhere near what Iran is today, let's hope for them too xheart even countries like Japan, Korea which are super modern can be a bit conservative in some ways. It's all different parts of the world, Western and Eastern Europe in general are other worlds as well tbh.

Also btw Turkey has a fair share of Alevis too (might be close to shia too but different) my mother is one too :) you don't hear much of them because historically they had been oppressed, but it's actually a large minority which estimates 15-25% I would say the alevis are probably among the most progressive muslims in the entire world tbh, I wish it became 100% (or atheist even tbh but that might be too ambitious XD)

Waiting for Efendi to give us a hot ethno up-beat bop praising another female ruler/goddess xgoddess

Top Bottom