Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Did u hack a stream? 😆

omg ur asking this now, after i revealed a thousand other things on this thread before from my top secret azergayjan sources xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

jkjk, i'm in the online press room

hijirio

Veteran
I still believe in more of a Samra scenario than an Aisel one, but it does fear me. xcry
I think it's leaning more towards a Samra scenario, but the second scenario freaks me out too much, I just choose to ignore that possibility for now. In such a bloodbath of a semi tho, anything can happen. I'd say Sweden is in a bigger danger than Azerbaijan.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I think it's leaning more towards a Samra scenario, but the second scenario freaks me out too much, I just choose to ignore that possibility for now. In such a bloodbath of a semi tho, anything can happen. I'd say Sweden is in a bigger danger than Azerbaijan.
İ just cant see all songs from 2nd half qualify and all of them predicted/look like qualifying...

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
my fear is a jana burceska 2.0, with a fan-favorite banger (both being my #1) but with bad performances that brought the NQ.

My hope is that efendi's staging is better than jana's (lack thereof) and like it or not, it's Azerbaijan etc etc

midnightsun

Veteran
I thought her performance today was one of the best. I really like the background with the mandalas which stress the oriental style of the song. It all fits perfectly together and her performance is like the song: mid-tempo. Not too messy, not too boring, perfect for the song.

pardoESC

By the way, regardless of the hug, Effendi has the most "Israeli" song, even more than Eden's song, at least in the style of music which is a very popular style in Israel, I do not know where Effendi will get at the Eurovision. But both Cleopatra's song and Mata Hari. She can get a very big hug from the Israeli audience

MAD20

This is one of the songs that make me miss more last year's attempt. I'm completely sure Cleopatra would have been in Top 10 because it was amazing, but this will be lucky if it squeezes into the final... Staging doesn't help either.

Ezio

Veteran
Not going to qualify 100%

hijirio

Veteran
I mean, the staging is not that bad! Gurl has 4 dancers after all, and their outfits are so sexy. But the thing is, this is the only Azerbaijani staging since their debut in 2008 that had no stage props whatsoever. No platform, no pyros, no horse-mask, no robot arms, no glass booth with rose petals.
And the only year without an outstanding prop coinciding with the most staging-potential entry is quite underwhelming, but overall it's a decent staging.
I think the war might have inflicted the Azerbaijani economy as well as the Armenian, or perhaps the broadcaster's priorities have changed because of the war and they didn't wanna invest in the ESC show that much this year. But it's still a nice staging, just no pyros and no props, no gimmick. But the song on its own stands out immensely enough to make it to the final.

Preuss

Chillax, of course it's qualifying and will do well in the final.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I mean, the staging is not that bad! Gurl has 4 dancers after all, and their outfits are so sexy. But the thing is, this is the only Azerbaijani staging since their debut in 2008 that had no stage props whatsoever. No platform, no pyros, no horse-mask, no robot arms, no glass booth with rose petals.
And the only year without an outstanding prop coinciding with the most staging-potential entry is quite underwhelming, but overall it's a decent staging.
I think the war might have inflicted the Azerbaijani economy as well as the Armenian, or perhaps the broadcaster's priorities have changed because of the war and they didn't wanna invest in the ESC show that much this year. But it's still a nice staging, just no pyros and no props, no gimmick. But the song on its own stands out immensely enough to make it to the final.
My bet they will add fire and pyros in the next rehearsal, they just didnt waste them. 'Just start a fire' without fire is strange. Hope i am right

crashworld

Veteran
I agree what's Azerbaijan without fire when this song warrants one. I am sure they will come up with some surprises on the 2nd rehearsal. If we don't get anything there, then we can start worrying.

Yesterday, I was really stressed out about Israel and Azerbaijan not making the mark because the other songs brought their A-game during the first rehearsal. But then the purpose of rehearsal is to make sure they iron out any issues and recognise what can be done to improve. So I have some hope that things will work out for delegations who have issues in their first rehearsal.
That being said, kudos to those delegations who got their staging right for the first time.

On the other note, I have decided to stop follow any 'live' streams of the rehearsals because I know at the end of the day, these 'live' streams are covered and commented by ESC fandom with the "accreditation", which is not an accurate representation of how the juries and the general public will vote. And some are already very judgemental/critical of certain entries that they already don't like or have high expectations and then give a free pass to entries that they have no expectations or hype up those they really like even the staging is just decent.

So everyone still stands a chance before the jury show as long as the artist and the delegation team work together to resolved the issues identified.

DenizESC

Banned
Bitchesssszzz that call the goddess Efendi stiff :mad: her back-up dancers can't keep up with her literally focus on it sdfjkjkndnjksdfnjksdf they are actually the stiff ones.

Our girl is a professional pole-dancer!

Top Bottom