Just like Cleopatra
Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

This is really one of the best tracks this year, it's a certified bop and imo better produced/composed than "Cleopatra", but if the energy will be as in the video and if she won't be able to deliver on stage (at least manage to synchronize the dance moves), then Azerbaijan might struggle with the impression.

I still don't understand how it's possible to fail with such a task in a video where you can have plenty of takes and later on cut it right? I buy that they didn't have the same budget as last year to produce a video, but still. Anyways, the video is the video, live is live, I am just worried if they couldn't nail it in the video, how will she do it live when she only have one take?

I kinda worry about that too, but if they can't do it live, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it's point-blank poorly planned and executed by the azeri delegation and it would actually frustrate me if this is the case. It's just gonna come ahead as amateurish, which I'm sure they don't want to happen

Iker

Veteran
I kinda worry about that too, but if they can't do it live, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it's point-blank poorly planned and executed by the azeri delegation and it would actually frustrate me if this is the case. It's just gonna come ahead as amateurish, which I'm sure they don't want to happen

I think it will look fine on stage. Azerbaijan usually does the good job.

hijirio

Veteran
Yeah Azerbijan even did great job with elevating 'X My Heart ' with a memorable staging, the song was bottom 10 in every ranking and seen hopeless to qualify, but in the end it came 11th in a super competitive semi, outperforming Sennek, Yianna Terzi and many other fan faves.

I dont think they will let the opportunity slip off their hands with this entry which has such a massive staging potential.

crashworld

Veteran
Reposting this from the 2020 thread:

Sis singing "Cleopatra" "live" at The Voice Kids in Azerbaijan. It's REALLY "live" and she sounds really good.
I think we can safely put aside her 'live' vocal skills (which I have never doubt). She just need to work on her stage presence and she is fine.

Preuss

When you're out running and this bop comes on next... gives you the superpower you need right away xcheer

DenizESC

Banned
Reposting this from the 2020 thread:

Sis singing "Cleopatra" "live" at The Voice Kids in Azerbaijan. It's REALLY "live" and she sounds really good.
I think we can safely put aside her 'live' vocal skills (which I have never doubt). She just need to work on her stage presence and she is fine.
Omg I missed this but sis sounded FLAWLESS, exceeded my expectations which I admit werent the highest because she always lipsyncs :ROFLMAO: but imagine working and tiring ur vocal chords when there is technology...

Looren

Veteran

Her vocals sounds great ! Not sure about the staging but let's see

VikingTiger

That rehearsal clip is rather unwhelming. But I am sure when the whole act comes together it will look really sharp. So far I am not convinced though.

hawadharma

Sorry if I offend any of my sister friends here but Efendi does not have the charisma for dancing.

mauve

Veteran
I think her dancing is quite sweet, but I am rather not so convinced about her staging. I hope that I am wrong and will wait for the whole performance. These short clips don't say too much to criticize.

Seok-jin

Sorry if I offend any of my sister friends here but Efendi does not have the charisma for dancing.
I think she's doing her best to perform and as I said I am pretty sure they will sort it out before the live shows so it will look fabulous.
I really don't understand why people are criticizing so much based on the 1ST rehearsal. :lol:

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Well, this might be just my taste being weird, but I find her dancing xheat xheat xheat, the effect on me is raw sensual sex appeal. She'd mentionned in some interview she practices this style of dance, and it really shows. Imo only Elena's moves can perhaps compare so far. Of course, that doesn't have to eventually mean anything about the televote, but I am really impressed and I think other thirsty like minded people might be as well.

Besides - Efendi's vocals on the snippet are pretty much flawless. While we can wonder if others gave their 100% or not, there's no doubt about Efendi after this. She's going to nail the vocals, with ease.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I don't know why but it looks really nice on the rehearsal clip. However, when you watch it in the press room, this one had the worst camera cuts of the day, there were so many miscues. So many wide shots that made them look lonely on the stage. plus the dancers were unsynchronized at times.
If you're wondering what happens when she sings "yalan da men yaman da men", let me answer: nothing.
in the last 20 seconds? only the backdrop's colour changes. no LED effects, no pyros.
I was very underwhelmed, sadly.
Hope they fix it till the 2nd rehearsals, I believe the song on its own is enough to qualify, but we shall say A-dieu to Baku 2022 already.

kruskica

There were many ways to stage this song to make it work, but this clearly wasn't one of them.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I don't know why but it looks really nice on the rehearsal clip. However, when you watch it in the press room, this one had the worst camera cuts of the day, there were so many miscues. So many wide shots that made them look lonely on the stage. plus the dancers were unsynchronized at times.
If you're wondering what happens when she sings "yalan da men yaman da men", let me answer: nothing.
in the last 20 seconds? only the backdrop's colour changes. no LED effects, no pyros.
I was very underwhelmed, sadly.
Hope they fix it till the 2nd rehearsals, I believe the song on its own is enough to qualify, but we shall say A-dieu to Baku 2022 already.
Did u hack a stream? 😆

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
oh efendi can't dance so how are we gonna make up for it

exactly

by making her dance

I still believe in more of a Samra scenario than an Aisel one, but it does fear me. xcry

Top Bottom