10 7.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

I didn't say they are authentic, where did I say that, I just said they incorporated real ethno elements..that doesn't need to make them authentic per se.. :)

Well, in the context of the conversation and based on historical statements, I do find your answer pretty... hmm... interesting to say the least. Sorry, but throwing in some random "local instrument" in a song that has zero local connection (in style and where it originates from) in my book is more "fake" than all those other entries combined....

Does it make these ballads bad? Not necessarily, as I said I did like them too, but I just find the excuse made for them quite interesting based on what you say when you don't like the style of songs.

Loindici

Veteran
The prophecy has been spoken guys

It's cleopatra

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran

Schlagerman1

Hey, it's not too bad this. Sure, a little weird lyrically and sometimes it is almost too much happening at the same time, but overall, pretty okay Azerbaijani entry. xup

MooseShoes

Yeah, but I screwed up the first time by clicking on "Insert link" instead of "Insert media." And now I feel bad for beating @Galandar, who's from Azerbaijan.

Anyway, looks like they had left over glitter from last year's video. Oh, and Tamta's motorcyclists. This is fun, especially the rolled Rs!
LIKE CLE - OH - PAH - TRRRRRAH

marty

Very trashy and entertaining. For sure televoters will love this, juries not that much. I guess it will be fun watching it. Hopefully there will be audience in the arena. For my personal taste it is just too much. I really was laughing a lot when I listen to it first. I will give 5 points.

hijirio

Veteran
ESC 2020 SAVED.

WE WORSHIP EFENDI

Spezzoz

YESSSSSSS

I love this song - this is so much better than the demo.

This is an utter tune - I can't wait to dance to this at ESC parties :love::love::love:

hijirio

Veteran
Cleopatrrrrrrrrrra! I'm screaming! STRAIGHT INTO MY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Galandar

Yeah, but I screwed up the first time by clicking on "Insert link" instead of "Insert media." And now I feel bad for beating @Galandar, who's from Azerbaijan.

Anyway, looks like they had left over glitter from last year's video. Oh, and Tamta's motorcyclists. This is fun, especially the rolled Rs!
LIKE CLE - OH - PAH - TRRRRRAH
No worries mate ;) The song is not very my type of music but I like the entertaining vibe and oriental motives in it.

Btw it seems the clip was filmed in Gobustan. It is the UNESCO World heritage site area close to Baku with petroglyphs and mud volcanoes

hijirio

Veteran
Unless Little Big releases some godly song, :az: must be the pre-contest fave to win

crashworld

Veteran
God! I wanted to give this a zero. What rubbish is that. But I want to give Azerbaijan kudos for the LGBT acknowledgement and the ethic-influenced track. So it'll be a 2 for me.

I feel so disappointed coz Azerbaijan is one of my favourite ESC countries but this song, no. Really no.
I am sure they are going to go all out on the staging, but I just feel this is a regression for Azerbaijan.
I fear for another NQ for them.

Top Bottom