22 13.8%

15 9.4%

5 3.1%

20 12.6%

• Total voters

Sammy

Veteran
Re: AUSTRIA 2019

Yes, but they're the only ones who were able to beat Conchita.. That's just a fact :cool:

That‘s why I want an internal selection.
NF Trackshittaz vs Conchita 51:49
ESC Trackshittaz vs Conchita: 0:290 :lol:

Sammy

Veteran

The question is, how long?

ORF has just undergone a political change, now the conservative government has control over the ORF after this week's vote in the oversight committee. Now directors and management will be changed too and I am not sure about our Delegation neither.

Maybe next year we will have John Otti Band or DJ Ötzi instead of what delivered the successes in recent years.
Lord, shelter us from all evil! xpray

marty

The question is, how long?

ORF has just undergone a political change, now the conservative government has control over the ORF after this week's vote in the oversight committee. Now directors and management will be changed too and I am not sure about our Delegation neither.

Maybe next year we will have John Otti Band or DJ Ötzi instead of what delivered the successes in recent years.

just one week later you are back to your negative mood..... its annoying.
politics in austria are not interested in the esc. look at hungary a quite successful country though victor orban is the leader.

Ezio

Veteran

It's fascinating how every other post is an attempt to drag someone down to a personal level. A pity that I don't care about how I am perceived and how someone is bothered by me.

EscGeek

Veteran

That‘s why I want an internal selection.
NF Trackshittaz vs Conchita 51:49
ESC Trackshittaz vs Conchita: 0:290 :lol:
*8:290:lol:

I know my suggestion is a bit "out there" but he popped up under related videos when i was listening to voxxclub and i disovered him
i didn't know that this gem that everyone in slovenia knows is actually a cover:p

original:

Lindon

just one week later you are back to your negative mood..... its annoying.
politics in austria are not interested in the esc. look at hungary a quite successful country though victor orban is the leader.

I hope you are right, but when I look back at the last government in that constellation in the early 2000 years...
The new old guy of the oversight looks to me like a John Otti Band fan. If he cares about who is the correspondent in Hungary, maybe he also cares about the ESC.

marty

I hope you are right, but when I look back at the last government in that constellation in the early 2000 years...
The new old guy of the oversight looks to me like a John Otti Band fan. If he cares about who is the correspondent in Hungary, maybe he also cares about the ESC.

what happens when you look back to that time? there was no influence of the government to the austrian esc act (rounder girls, alf poier, an aids charity song,.....). its ridiculous to think that esc is the most important thing in the world and the prime minister will call orf to tell them who to chose....

Lindon

what happens when you look back to that time? there was no influence of the government to the austrian esc act (rounder girls, alf poier, an aids charity song,.....). its ridiculous to think that esc is the most important thing in the world and the prime minister will call orf to tell them who to chose....

Without getting to picky. As I recall it, the aids charity song was after that era. You are very passionate about this topic.

hungo

Without getting to picky. As I recall it, the aids charity song was after that era. You are very passionate about this topic.

thats probably the point. mostly passionate people here. they dont want to get draged down by useless pessimism.

aef

I guess I already posted this song here last year but I forgot to put it in my wishlist for next year in my post on page 1:

Really wouldn't mind her singing at Eurovision... xlove

I would also love MÖWE as songwriters:

mauve

Veteran

I guess I already posted this song here last year but I forgot to put it in my wishlist for next year in my post on page 1:

Really wouldn't mind her singing at Eurovision... xlove

I would also love MÖWE as songwriters:

When I looked at the face of your first video, I was like "Hell, did I see her somewhere before?" Then I looked at the name: :eek: Didn't know that David Alaba from Bayern München had a sister who is singing! Cool! They look ver y similiar!

marty

When I looked at the face of your first video, I was like "Hell, did I see her somewhere before?" Then I looked at the name: :eek: Didn't know that David Alaba from Bayern München had a sister who is singing! Cool! They look ver y similiar!

their father george alaba had a one-hit-wonder in the nineties in austria. he is/was working as a dj for many years. i am note sure if she is really talented. and i dont like her music. möwe is great.

Ezio

Veteran

My dream act Zurcaroh. With minimal vocals and almost instrumental aerial dance show. The 6 people on stage rule can be circumvented with massive use of augmented reality

Yoozek

My dream act Zurcaroh. With minimal vocals and almost instrumental aerial dance show. The 6 people on stage rule can be circumvented with massive use of augmented reality

Oh Jesus that was such a wild ride searching that up in google. Damn yes it would slay, although I'm not sure if it could look as massive and intense as the original one. As an interval act - OF COURSE!!! YES!!! HERE'S THE MONEY!!

Ezio

Veteran

Escuse me? Why wasn't this at Eurovision?

*soothe*

I am so triggered by this song. I can't stop.

I would totally put Josh Ledet on the Short List for 2019.

A strong voice, a safe jury pleaser.

Himan

But booooring

Lindon

Escuse me? Why wasn't this at Eurovision?

Only 1959, when the song was first released, it would have fit the rules of ESC.
As you can see from the reaction of [MENTION=16177]Himan[/MENTION], songs with a great melodic range are nowadays often seen as boring or "disneylike". I found that to be a great injustice, when I recall for instance the song of Nadine Beiler.
It is one of the great ironies that the most famous musical about Austria "The Sound Of Music" is virtually unknown in Austria and Germany. "Climb every mountain" is one of the songs of that musical.

I think, this aversion against melodic arcs is a sign of declining intelligence of the human race. Think about Mozart, later Beethoven or Brahms, Over the centuries the compositions were getting simpler and simpler. I'm convinced if we could transport with a timemachine a rather intelligent person from the 16th or 17th century, the person would be , after a short time of accommodation, one of the smartest individuals of the planet.

Himan

Only 1959, when the song was first released, it would have fit the rules of ESC.
As you can see from the reaction of [MENTION=16177]Himan[/MENTION], songs with a great melodic range are nowadays often seen as boring or "disneylike". I found that to be a great injustice, when I recall for instance the song of Nadine Beiler.
It is one of the great ironies that the most famous musical about Austria "The Sound Of Music" is virtually unknown in Austria and Germany. "Climb every mountain" is one of the songs of that musical.

I think, this aversion against melodic arcs is a sign of declining intelligence of the human race. Think about Mozart, later Beethoven or Brahms, Over the centuries the compositions were getting simpler and simpler. I'm convinced if we could transport with a timemachine a rather intelligent person from the 16th or 17th century, the person would be , after a short time of accommodation, one of the smartest individuals of the planet.

Whaha, you are so wrong about that last part. But it's probably sarcasm or irony

Lindon

Whaha, you are so wrong about that last part. But it's probably sarcasm or irony

Sorry Himan, didn't mean you personally with this intelligence argument.

Did that thought really never crossed your mind? It seems also to be in correlation with the digital revolution. The digitalisation is a reduction of information without seemingly hurting the overall surface. But it is a reduction of data in depth. This must have consequences.

Himan

Sorry Himan, didn't mean you personally with this intelligence argument.

Did that thought really never crossed your mind? It seems also to be in correlation with the digital revolution. The digitalisation is a reduction of information without seemingly hurting the overall surface. But it is a reduction of data in depth. This must have consequences.

Yes,it has consequences, and they are the opposite of what you are saying....

Top Bottom