20 12.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
at.png

aef

Re: AUSTRIA 2019

Let's start this!

Some good songs/ artists from recent years which I really like: (I guess I might have postet some of them already last year haha)

sigi

Harfonie was the runner up in this years internal selection. I fear :eek:

aef

Harfonie was the runner up in this years internal selection. I fear :eek:

What makes you think so?

Well believe me or not but I could somehow imagine it working with an original song... But I really want something different, modern for 2019... Cesar was absolutely the right direction...

esc87fan

The Austrian team needs to seize the opportunity lost by San Marino and send Sara de Blue. Work with her on an amazing song, and hopefully that would give them another great result to follow what Cesár did

marty

The Austrian team needs to seize the opportunity lost by San Marino and send Sara de Blue. Work with her on an amazing song, and hopefully that would give them another great result to follow what Cesár did

lol
she just tried too hard to get to eurovision in recent years. orf will for sure not go for her.

sigi

What makes you think so?

Well believe me or not but I could somehow imagine it working with an original song... But I really want something different, modern for 2019... Cesar was absolutely the right direction...

Eberhard Forcher mentioned Harfonie in an interview after Cäsar was announced as our act for ESC 18.

aef

Eberhard Forcher mentioned Harfonie in an interview after Cäsar was announced as our act for ESC 18.

Oh didn't know that, thanks for the information. And what do you think about Harfonie?

All I know is that he was among the candidates for 2018:

I don't know if this was the song though.... Too boring IMHO

sigi

Oh didn't know that, thanks for the information. And what do you think about Harfonie?

All I know is that he was among the candidates for 2018:

I don't know if this was the song though.... Too boring IMHO

yep boring as hell

I don't like Harfonie either...

I think we could send something different for 2019. FM4 quality like Avec or Bilderbuch.

aef

yep boring as hell

I don't like Harfonie either...

I think we could send something different for 2019. FM4 quality like Avec or Bilderbuch.

Well as I said I'm not a fan of Harfonie but I could see it working with a memorable song... They could get a lot of sweetness points in the televoting like Zoe did in 2016... But anyway, I'm not hoping for them to be selected.

Oh no please no FM4-bullsh*t!! SOOC I'm hating that radio station so much... Oh and I'm sorry but AVEC isn't my cup of tea either... Sounds totally bland IMHO. I wouldn't call Bilderbuch a typical FM4 band though... I like them a lot (although I'm not listening their songs regularly) and I could see them succeeding at Eurovision with the right songs. But they won't do Eurovision anyway

missbones

^^^^ omg I didn't know Bilderbuch were from Austria! Bungalow's such a tune, I'd love to hear something like that @ ESCxheart I have to listen to more of their stuff

marty

^^^^ omg I didn't know Bilderbuch were from Austria! Bungalow's such a tune, I'd love to hear something like that @ ESCxheart I have to listen to more of their stuff

bilderbuch expressed more than once that they are absolutely not interested to take part at esc. in my opinion it is likely that orf will work with symphonix international again. however now we will have to sit and wait a few months....

missbones

bilderbuch expressed more than once that they are absolutely not interested to take part at esc. in my opinion it is likely that orf will work with symphonix international again. however now we will have to sit and wait a few months....

well yep, I kind of guessed it wouldn't be their thing:(

sigi

Julian Le Play with a german song?

Ezio

Veteran

For me, Loin d'ici was the best song ever at Eurovision. I hope for something equally interesting and mesmerizing. If we opt for internal selection, it will most likely be another radio-friendly jury pleaser, which is OK with me as well.

Sammy

Veteran

The good thing about an internal selection is that Eberhard Forcher is the head... He has proven that he really chooses well which leads to the formula: professional + quality + international prospective ==> success.

Whereas if the Austrian public decides you get Trackshittaz or the Makemakes.... We've seen where this leads to. Of course Zoe also was selected by a public vote, but this was so close that you can count that as the lucky exception.
Just compare our results since we came back to Eurovision

chosen by the public
Nadine Beiler: 18th place
Trackshittaz: DNQ (last in their semi)
Natalia Kelly: DNQ (14th out of 17th in her semi; I would think that Elly V would have had a similar result, if she'd beaten Zoe)
The Makemakes: last with 0 points (wouldn't probably have qualified if they hadn't been prequalified)
Zoe: 13th overall (Top Ten with the public) - And in this NF there were only artists Eberhard Forcher chose.

chosen internally:
Conchita: one of the best winners in the whole ESC
Nathan: 16th
Cesár: 3rd (wins the jury vote)

As for me - I'd rather go for an internal choice in the future.

Ezio

Veteran

The good thing about an internal selection is that Eberhard Forcher is the head...

The question is, how long?

ORF has just undergone a political change, now the conservative government has control over the ORF after this week's vote in the oversight committee. Now directors and management will be changed too and I am not sure about our Delegation neither.

Maybe next year we will have John Otti Band or DJ Ötzi instead of what delivered the successes in recent years.

Top Bottom