We can do whatever
Techni-technicolour
Techni-technicolour
If we care for one another
We can

Shine​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I don't understand why you people still expect juries and televoters should agree: that's not the point of 50-50 system. And let's be fair, in 2017 Australia was not borderline jury qualifier: they came 2nd in the semi and 4th in the final. Pushing it to top 10, like 9th or 10th, would have been some sort of "let's at least bring you somewhere", but ranking it 2nd and 4th meant these jurors obviously had their own angle which they used to judge the song. And also, among all those jurors, I don't really think all of them were "Australia friendly". Most of them probably didn't care about the name of the country.
amen, preach. Eurovision fans are like "i don't agree with these results so something must be off" and will then start conspiracy theories right to left

people seem to forget that the juries actually gave us a top ten in 2014, 2015 and 2017 where the televoters didn't vote for us, so we've got more top ten placings handed by the juries than Australia where this has only happened once

Citelis

Actually juries shouldn't agree with t/v because if they agree on everything there is no point to have them.

Ezio

Veteran
I am very surprised about the poor reception of Australia this year, because this song is unque and I love it the most of all of Australian entries so far, that mainly consisted of radio frienldy pop.

Loindici

Veteran
Hello, I'm back.

Looking at how grandiose the Open Up stage is, I think Australia might be on a demise.

Preuss

I don’t think it would’ve been Sound of Silence or Zero Gravity level, but it’s a pity that we won’t see her on that stage

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
God, how much I want juries to shower this entry with votes. I want to see the haters' faces green with rage and anger

Luffy

She still struggle to sing this without moving much at all.

I really worry about her tape without the energy of an audience and without having much time to rehearse.

If she is the only artist not going, they should really let her have another take with a small cheering audience since there will 3 500 fans in Rotterdam

Preuss

Let's wait for the stagings, but as of now, it really feels like Australia is gonna NQ this year xthink

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
It's because it's representing the wrong country. If this same entry had been sent by a certain Nordic country which always qualifies no matter what cr*p they send, Norway, not only it would qualify easily, but it would've also received a lot of fans' love.

Betwixt Tales

We didn't even qualify back in 2016... xthink

don't point the gun at us, point the gun at our good friends in east
Yeah, I was confused by that remark as well. Sweden is the one always going to the finals. You guys have missed it a couple of times this past decade.

Preuss

Yeah, I was confused by that remark as well. Sweden is the one always going to the finals. You guys have missed it a couple of times this past decade.
Yeah, and we're not even doing consistently well. Such bullshit, we've had our bad moments the past decade as well

Betwixt Tales

I really love Montaigne's voice, and had this been last year, she would be in my top favorites.

This year, her song is ruined for me because of that (obnoxious) cheerleading chant in the middle. The entire song comes crashing down.
I will, however, continue to listen to, and enjoy, Don't Break Me, which I love and think is so powerful and beautiful.

Betwixt Tales

yikes... that was bad
I feel like we've done well when we've deserved to do well xthink
I LOVED your entries in '13, '15, and 20 (I think you could have won if last year had happened). I really liked your entries in '12, '14, and '17. So you've had a really good run. '19 I'm not as hyped about as others are.

(Sorry for talking about Norway in the Aussie thread.)

Nienor

It's because it's representing the wrong country. If this same entry had been sent by a certain Nordic country which always qualifies no matter what cr*p they send, Norway, not only it would qualify easily, but it would've also received a lot of fans' love.
Sorry but what? Australia has a perfect qualification score since entering the competition and always has strong jury support.
And you probably mistaken Norway for Sweden because Norway had its fair share of struggles in the past.

Top Bottom