20 8.8%

13 5.8%

12 5.3%

21 9.3%

18 8.0%

34 15.0%

• Total voters

LoveTw

Somebody is triggered here when people are loving Kate's performance. Your sister's music taste has nothing to do with others. Australia won the first semi and that's how amazing they were. Some butthurt Europeans really seem petty when it comes to Australia.

Milos-BC

On a side note I don't think Kate's got to cover anything anymore as I'm confident she'll get it all covered ;)
@anaraqueen
I'm gonna watch the show again after my exams xheat

Yep, it's now at 102% and not only Australian people donated. As someone close to her noted, she also got donations from Russia, Serbia (that's mine ofc :mrgreen: ), Mexico, and the UK.

As long as she has fans that can cover her up, she doesn't have to worry about funding at all!

Preuss

Just noticed that her performance has more views than the televote winner KEIINO :eek: but less than the likes of Italy and Russia and Netherlands ofc but I did think that even before I looked it up

Kate was so close to 7th place though and in a "real" world without any form for bloc-voting I think she'd beat Azerbaijan and North Macedonia with the degree of support they get from some countries every year. Now you could make the case that Australia is a part of the Scandinavian bloc but since they've been a part of this contest for five years now I don't think we can say that they are really

LakZaNokte

Yeah, like I said, all those opera-ish entries have a history of ending up somewhere around 10th place.

It has nothing to do with blocks, politics, astrology or whatever.

They just don’t get enough support from both juries and audience. Even Il Volo didn’t win.

Accept that already and try to remember it for the future cause these fan hysterias about these entries are getting ridiculous. When I think of the situation with that french Sognu (or whatever was called) few yrs back, I get sick, literally.

Preuss

Well I don't think I stated that bloc-voting is the reason why Australia didn't do better, but seeing that she was beaten by some points by Azerbaijan and North Macedonia who gets support every year from some countries to a certain degree is what I tried to point out. Azerbaijan and North Macedonia would've done well anyway though so that's not what I mean

And don't get me wrong; I don't think a country can do well with just being a country like we saw with Russia, Azerbaijan, Romania etc. last year but it's definitely true that some countries have their natural supporters. For example like Russia last year, with respect but the fact that Julia almost qualified with the televoters is ... :?
I mean Cyprus this year got 12 points from Greece (you know), Georgia (where Tamta's from), some points from San Marino however they calculate their score and a single point from the UK which could've resulted in a disaster if it wasn't for the support from Greece and Georgia :?

LakZaNokte

Well I don't think I stated that bloc-voting is the reason why Australia didn't do better, but seeing that she was beaten by some points by Azerbaijan and North Macedonia who gets support every year from some countries to a certain degree is what I tried to point out. Azerbaijan and North Macedonia would've done well anyway though so that's not what I mean

And don't get me wrong; I don't think a country can do well with just being a country like we saw with Russia, Azerbaijan, Romania etc. last year but it's definitely true that some countries have their natural supporters. For example like Russia last year, with respect but the fact that Julia almost qualified with the televoters is ... :?
I mean Cyprus this year got 12 points from Greece (you know), Georgia (where Tamta's from), some points from San Marino however they calculate their score and a single point from the UK which could've resulted in a disaster if it wasn't for the support from Greece and Georgia :?
All that is fine, and yes, it is easier with some buddies to help u out.

But look, Sound of silence was 2nd without buddies (should’ve won, imo).

All I’m saying that in this case I don’t believe it was about geography or politics or buddies.

It was about the song. Really it was.

LakZaNokte

Btw, listened to Sound of silence earlier today. That was an excellent entry; to this day I do not understand what everyone saw in 1944 xthink

Milos-BC

Yeah, like I said, all those opera-ish entries have a history of ending up somewhere around 10th place.

It has nothing to do with blocks, politics, astrology or whatever.

They just don’t get enough support from both juries and audience. Even Il Volo didn’t win.

Accept that already and try to remember it for the future cause these fan hysterias about these entries are getting ridiculous. When I think of the situation with that french Sognu (or whatever was called) few yrs back, I get sick, literally.

I think you mixed some things here.

First of all, this was not a fan favorite at all, only a couple of us believed that everything about it is iconic and that she will do much better than expected. Some blogs (I won't mention the names) have said that she will not even qualify for the final.

Yet some of us here were 100% sure that everything will change after the rehearsals and we were right.

She won the semi and then suddenly rules were changed during (and before) semi 2 where the juries were getting instructions to "disregard the show and judge only the songs". Not saying that it was done to prevent her from winning, but it has to be taken into account.

Even that put aside, 9th place is still a great achievment and certainly not a flop. She didn't enter the competition to win (that's what we hoped for) and this was a great upgrade to her career, because now she is recognized in Europe as well. That was her primary goal and she achieved it.

The results are not the end all be all ;)

LakZaNokte

I think you mixed some things here.

First of all, this was not a fan favorite at all, only a couple of us believed that everything about it is iconic and that she will do much better than expected. Some blogs (I won't mention the names) have said that she will not even qualify for the final.

Yet some of us here were 100% sure that everything will change after the rehearsals and we were right.

She won the semi and then suddenly rules were changed during (and before) semi 2 where the juries were getting instructions to "disregard the show and judge only the songs". Not saying that it was done to prevent her from winning, but it has to be taken into account.

Even that put aside, 9th place is still a great achievment and certainly not a flop. She didn't enter the competition to win (that's what we hoped for) and this was a great upgrade to her career, because now she is recognized in Europe as well. That was her primary goal and she achieved it.

The results are not the end all be all ;)
Ofc it’s a great result, especially for a song like this one :mrgreen:

If those juries had to be remainded this is SONG contest, then I don’t know, I give up xrofl2

I get it, some of you believed in the entry, and that’s great, you were right afterall.
But I am constantly refereing to claims that it should’ve done even better. There I disagree, and I elaborated my stance :mrgreen:

Srsly, every year without some opera entry is a blessing xbow

Milos-BC

Ofc it’s a great result, especially for a song like this one :mrgreen:

If those juries had to be remainded this is SONG contest, then I don’t know, I give up xrofl2

I get it, some of you believed in the entry, and that’s great, you were right afterall.
But I am constantly refereing to claims that it should’ve done even better. There I disagree, and I elaborated my stance :mrgreen:

Srsly, every year without some opera entry is a blessing xbow

The juries were not reminded of anything. It was basically a cry for one particular song (that didn't win in the end) and it got loads of points from them as a result......but the televoting then placed it where it belongs.

You may hate the song and/or the genre in general, that is your choice and your right. However, every genre has its place on the competition and so does opera as well (and "popera" too). Whether someone will value or vote for that is their choice. I am not sure that statements like "Srsly, every year without some opera entry is a blessing" can lead to any productive discussion in this context.

And also, just to conclude shortly, since you are pointing out that there is no song at all behind the show, I have to add that - yes, a song does exist. And Kate herself is an artist with a big "A" for most of the other performers this year. That's the objective reality here.

crashworld

Veteran
Can we just step aside and think of the journey Kate gone through right from the beginning of the National Finals.
People hated this entry because alot of people believe she shouldn't have gone through.
But let's think about it, if they send Electric Fields, they could very well do a Portugal and flop altogether.

For me, this song is pretty divisive. I mean Kate has an amazing voice but not everyone can appreciate pop-opera. And people have doubts that this will qualify.
But the improved staging has miraculously elevated the song and sort of "blinded" people to overlook that the song itself isn't all that amazing (even though I really love the lyrical message).

So getting a no. 9 results overall is actually a victory to Kate and Australia this year.

Fredriksam

This song, sweden , Netherlands and norway are the ones i have listened most from the eurovision. I really liked the chroregraphy too. Shes swaying on the stick and still sounding awesome. Not many wouldnt probably sucess with that. Also. I hear some Kate Bush vibes in this song and Kate B is extremly good.

Preuss

She deserved better. At least a top 5. :(

She did actually pretty well with the televote across Europe it's just the fact she didn't make it higher, it was a lot of 2 or 3 points from a lot of countries. However, fifteen juries thought she didn't deserve a single point which is :? Including the average of our own jury which is unfortunate

Milos-BC

I am listening to this wonderful song every day and I keep getting goosebumps every time xheart

While I am super proud of what she achieved, I also feel that 9th place is too low for this amount of epicness. And I still can't get over the fact that she got nothing from our audience in the final, despite getting 7 in the semi and despite myself voting 20 times :( Thank God our juries had ears at least

She will always remain a true queen and diva regardless of the final result xlove xheart

Preuss

I am listening to this wonderful song every day and I keep getting goosebumps every time xheart

While I am super proud of what she achieved, I also feel that 9th place is too low for this amount of epicness. And I still can't get over the fact that she got nothing from our audience in the final, despite getting 7 in the semi and despite myself voting 20 times :( Thank God our juries had ears at least

She will always remain a true queen and diva regardless of the final result xlove xheart

She was Amazing and everyone knows that she deserved better xlovw
That might be the reason why I haven't read much this year that Australia "did better than they should have" because even "haters" know she was Amazing xlove

Milos-BC

She was Amazing and everyone knows that she deserved better xlovw
That might be the reason why I haven't read much this year that Australia "did better than they should have" because even "haters" know she was Amazing xlove

Absolutely! xlove

And btw, all of her ESC costs are officially covered:

This is a post form another thread here. I repost it to demonstrate that KMH receives love and support (financial) from other countries. On KMH's Australian Cultural Fund-raising page there are donations from KMH supporters in Serbia, Mexico, Russia and the UK. What kind and generous support eh? KMH and her team will land home in Australia to find that there fundraising is now fully subscribed and will be matched $1 for $1 by the fund. How good is that?

This is really nice to see! xheart

Preuss

Absolutely! xlove

And btw, all of her ESC costs are officially covered:

This is really nice to see! xheart

My card was declined when I tried to donate once she'd only got 25%, but that might be because my card has restrictions on it :p
Anyway I'm glad she reached her goal anyway xlove

Top Bottom