12 5.3%

21 9.3%

18 8.0%

34 15.0%

• Total voters

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
A fun fact: my aunt is here and said that my eyes are red and she thought it was because I was playing video games. Poor her.

Milos-BC

This is waaay too low tbh. Yes, it's a great result no doubt, but she deserved so much more. She delivered it perfectly last night. Everything was done right.

I am super proud of her nonetheless and she deserved all 20 of these votes. Regardless of this result, she is a true queen of both Europe and Australia xheart

Really looking forward to her next projects, she now has the support of her international fans as well and that is her biggest victory here.

sapsan

Don't get how Australia could win the Semi but then skip 8 positions in the Final. Australia is my winner . Norway isn't a winner in any point. Their result sounds like an error. At the same time jury's voting was too political this year. I suppose their aim isn't evaluate professional skills of entries. Their aim mainly is to give "Correct" votes to the neighbors or friendly countries. Their aim is to kill chances of some entry to win. However I prefer Netherlands as a winner vs Norway and I like unpredictable voting process. So I guess jury should be saved but should be really professional unlike this year's "jury".

Preuss

Winning the semi-final but ending up 9th where Kate was beaten by Italy and only 2nd semi-final entries tells something about the 1st semi-final perhaps
Similar to Rybak winning the 2nd semi last year but then doing bad in the actual final

Preuss

Seems like my 6 votes for Kate, 3 votes for John and 1 vote for Katerine didn't get through :/

Kitakaze

This underachievement really overshadowed the events of the night for me. I’m so disappointed she didn’t get the result she deserved due to being undervalued by negligent, politically-motivated jurors and to an extent, what is a becoming an increasingly obvious anti-Australian televote.
I think a large number of people in Europe simply don’t want Australia to win Eurovision. If the top 5 is unreachable in both jury and televote for such an iconic, high impact performance, sold by such a telegenic and talented singer, it really raises some concerns. She delivered it all- the staging, the composition, the originality, the vocals, the magic. And yet was not rewarded fairly. Top 10 will be enough of a takeaway for some but for me it’s clear this was a major injustice.

Realest

The combined Result ruined her.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
One of the best ESC-entries ever, no doubt.

Ianp16

I was shocked that this didn’t place higher. I thought the televote would help it but no. Maybe people don’t want to vote for Australia because of its Geography and a lot of people I know are still very ‘WTF’ about it being in Eurovision.

LoveTw

The televote was way too low for this outstanding performance. I had a party with my friends yesterday and they all said it's a top 5 performance. But I'm still happy that many Europeans were still willing to vote for them. The result definitely showed that Australia Decides is the right direction.

southernstars

It's so lovely to see so much support for our entry this year, and Australia in general. I know how contentious it is that we are in the contest at all lol and I'm still kind of shocked we are but it's nice that a lot of Europeans have been accepting.

Kate really did us proud, no matter the result. Her song really grew on me in the end (I wanted it to be Electric Fields who performed). She stated backstage how genuinely overwhelmed and appreciative she was of everyone's comments, and thanked everyone. She said she might not have time to reply but that she was reading them all and it was really buoying (that's a word, right?!) her. Basically making her feel uplifted :)

Iker

Veteran
This underachievement really overshadowed the events of the night for me. I’m so disappointed she didn’t get the result she deserved due to being undervalued by negligent, politically-motivated jurors and to an extent, what is a becoming an increasingly obvious anti-Australian televote.
I think a large number of people in Europe simply don’t want Australia to win Eurovision. If the top 5 is unreachable in both jury and televote for such an iconic, high impact performance, sold by such a telegenic and talented singer, it really raises some concerns. She delivered it all- the staging, the composition, the originality, the vocals, the magic. And yet was not rewarded fairly. Top 10 will be enough of a takeaway for some but for me it’s clear this was a major injustice.

Get off your high horse, and don't cry injustice. ;) You act all high and mighty.

The song was and remains a kitsch. My sister which is open for all brands of music, and who hadn't known that this particular entry is from Australia, expressed that the song / act is a tasteless mess. I would not go as far as my sister did in her disgust as I don't find it digusting at all (I find it amusing albeit not in my top 15 of the contest) but you can imagine many other people sharing very similar impressions to that of my sister.

And calling the juries '''politically-motivated'' by you makes me giggle. It does not really take too much to notice how much advantage (hardly merited) has been given in the last couple of years from them, the best example would be Isaiah singing extremely generic song and off-the-key who was an undeserved qualifier.

Preuss

[MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION]

I get really happy when I read posts like yours! And yes it was epic once we discovered that she had done some stuff for one of the best drama-series all time; Dance Academy xlove

Milos-BC

Seems like my 6 votes for Kate, 3 votes for John and 1 vote for Katerine didn't get through :/

That's too bad :(

I feel somewhat similar, I voted 20 times for her and she got nothing from our audience. At least the juries did some justice.

She got the Best Artist award, she has a victory in the semi and the most iconic performance ever. Clearly, she will be rememberd xheart

I will keep following her, she is an absolute legend for me, regardless of the final outcome.

Compared to Madonna, this is how a true diva looks and sounds like xheart

Preuss

That's too bad :(

I feel somewhat similar, I voted 20 times for her and she got nothing from our audience. At least the juries did some justice.

She got the Best Artist award, she has a victory in the semi and the most iconic performance ever. Clearly, she will be rememberd xheart

I will keep following her, she is an absolute legend for me, regardless of the final outcome.

Compared to Madonna, this is how a true diva looks and sounds like xheart

Yeah I don’t get why as I got a messsage tonight that my messages weren’t sent...? Anyway girl got like 3 points from us xlove

This entry will always remain iconic xheart
And to pull off everything that Kate did is amazing xheart

Milos-BC

And btw, she did all of this on her own. She funded all of this by herself, I was shocked when I heard today. Although I did read it before, but somehow didn't pay attention.

I have donated something myself to help her get out of the financial trouble caused by this. I am not in an ideal situation but this was also a way of supporting everything she did here as well as a way of supporting her future work.

One competition comes and goes but the fans that she has now and the connections with other artists are permanent. That's what matters the most xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

I get really happy when I read posts like yours! And yes it was epic once we discovered that she had done some stuff for one of the best drama-series all time; Dance Academy xlove

I really want to rewatch it and cry in Abi's solo again xheat

Preuss

On a side note I don't think Kate's got to cover anything anymore as I'm confident she'll get it all covered ;)
I'm gonna watch the show again after my exams xheat

Citelis

I really got dissapointed about the result. I knew she couldn't win but at least i wanted her in top 5. At least my votes helped and the Greek t/v gave her 3 points. She is one of the few artists this year i will keep following after the contest. :)

Kitakaze

Get off your high horse, and don't cry injustice. You act all high and mighty.

The song was and remains a kitsch. My sister which is open for all brands of music, and who hadn't known that this particular entry is from Australia, expressed that the song / act is a tasteless mess. I would not go as far as my sister did in her disgust as I don't find it digusting at all (I find it amusing albeit not in my top 15 of the contest) but you can imagine many other people sharing very similar impressions to that of my sister.

And calling the juries '''politically-motivated'' by you makes me giggle. It does not really take too much to notice how much advantage (hardly merited) has been given in the last couple of years from them, the best example would be Isaiah singing extremely generic song and off-the-key who was an undeserved qualifier.

Someone has an axe to grind. High and mighty? Why, because I tried to articulate my opinion? Sorry for having a belief that doesn’t line up with yours. Why is your sister’s opinion more valid than mine? Plenty of people here and on social media, my parents, friends here in Japan and everyone I know in my life loved the song and performance and felt her result was an injustice. So there’s that.

As for the second part of your post, how can you attempt to defend the jury when we were all witness to the obvious, shameless political voting by certain countries. Look at repeat offenders Greece-Cyprus, Serbia-Montenegro, etc. etc. who awarded each other maximum 12 at the expense of acts that ought to have been rewarded by music professionals in their jury criteria.
I also have a hard time believing that any true Eurovision fan would call the performance tasteless, seems to me your sister’s thoughts were just clouded by her hatred of the song. You only have to read news articles and social media to see the general consensus was that the staging was spectacular and among the best ever.

Top Bottom