8 6.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
The EBU must be very interested to make some slots in the running order not look weaker than others, that's why they put a strong song like this into 2nd position. The composition of this song is sublime, her vocals are soft and powerful. It's the best of Armenia as of today and a strong contender for the win this year. This song is fantastic, no words can describe the beauty and magic of this song.

I don't have enough 12's for this song, so I can only give one set.

Ajeje Brazorf

Here I'm with my considerazione on Armenia. Those are my pros and cons, before the competition:

PROS:
I've heard a lot of people struggling with the subtle melodical changes in the song, expecially between the chorus and the rap part, but I think this is exactly what makes this song unique in this year's field: rap here works really well, because of the meaning of the song itself. It is like an interior battle between calmness and anger for something not already experienced, so I really like that peculiar musical choice here. Brunette seems so confident and charismatic: if she feels the song, she will deliver a great performance on stage. I really like the instrumentation: it keeps you hooked for the entirety of the three minutes. The song has structure and meaning it's like travelling in a person's mind.

CONS:
Rap is not for everybody and I can see people struggling to connect with the song at first glance. The semis will not be a big problem for Armenia, but I can see more difficulties coming in the Grand Finale if this song qualified: this year we have lots of "in your face" songs, which in my opinion could have a sudden impact on audiences. As I said the song relies on the live performance, so every little thing should be done the right way in order to be a succesful entry and not be remembered as a flop. It's a risky entry which I really hope come well together.

Qualifying chances:
Really high. I can't see Armenia out of the final this year, considering semi 2 line up. I don't think the second spot will bother them that much: the song is really good and a nice delivery will do it for them.

Iker

Veteran
Help me, I am becoming obsessed with Future Lover. It kinda made me feel bad for some other entries already in my top 10 as I had to update my ranking!

And I think it's a dark horse of this year's contest.

Ajeje Brazorf

Help me, I am becoming obsessed with Future Lover. It kinda made me feel bad for some other entries already in my top 10 as I had to update my ranking!

And I think it's a dark horse of this year's contest.

I still think this is the darkest horse of them all... This song has a HUUUUUGE potential if staged well...

KazNew

That's not her voice entirely in last chorus. There are back vocals.

You should listen to the song with proper sound system, not on mobile.

@mauve ear bugs or headphones mandatory.

I have been listening to the song with earphones and it does not help. The last section of the song is still very discordant. It's the same thing as in Albania's song, where the two sisters start singing before the first chorus. Maybe it's just because I was raised playing instrucments and so I have a keen ear for harmonies, but I genuinely cannot stand listening to the last chorus of Armenia's song because it is so unharmonious. Which is a real shame since I love the orchestration and the spoken word part.

12Pointsgoto.....

I have been listening to the song with earphones and it does not help. The last section of the song is still very discordant. It's the same thing as in Albania's song, where the two sisters start singing before the first chorus. Maybe it's just because I was raised playing instrucments and so I have a keen ear for harmonies, but I genuinely cannot stand listening to the last chorus of Armenia's song because it is so unharmonious. Which is a real shame since I love the orchestration and the spoken word part.
In the beginning it was the same for me, since I play Piano and violin, for a lot of the ethnic easter european music, but you get used to it eventually and now I enjoy that type of music.

Chorizo

I like her bells and the lyrics made me laugh, so I was entertained, but I think this is more of an incoherent mess than a decent song. In the latter half, I got the impression that the song wants to be taken seriously, but she shouldn’t have started with a smoothie if that was the objective. 3 points.

Skymnos

Just love the instrumental in this song. :love: I listen to it just as often as I listen to the song with her voice.

I read that the text was inspired by Valentine's Day, hence the "cute little things" she talks about. I actually think it is sweet.

As I see it, the "rap" section has to do with the rough present ("cold hands", "pain", "panic attacks", etc), while the rest of the lyrics has to do with a dreamy future, with the what she is wishing. And actually, this is translated quite nicely into the musical register by contrasting the "fast singing" part with the sweeter section at the beginning and the more intense, symphonic 3nd part.

I just wish they'd added some piano right at the beginning like they did at the end, since the song does not even last 3 minutes.

Anyway, she's been pretty solid live at the pre-parties.
Can't wait to see what they'll do in Liverpool. (y)

Last edited:

Wynnter

One of the songs this year that I just cannot get out of my head. I love the mashup of rap and a traditional orchestra. The piano at the start combined with the singing is just beautiful, kind of haunting. The rap part itself comes at a good point in the song and brings a really interesting turnaround, which then takes the somber beginning and makes it into an intense moment, which does go well with the theme of the song. Unfortunately I think the sort of digital drum pattern at the end is too weak for the final chorus and the song would have done good by having more "oomph" at that point. It is also a bit too short, I would love to have more buildup and experimenting between the rap and the last chorus, but Eurovision rules demand it to be at 3 minutes so oh well. Still great, overall.

Final score: :10: points

Top Bottom