17 8.3%

17 8.3%

16 7.8%

11 5.4%

37 18.0%

• Total voters

greece

re: ARMENIA 2015 - Genealogy - Don't Deny

"Not Alone" was great. However I would prefer an entry like their old ones. I missed them xheart

Celia

I also enjoyed their this year entry. World-class song written by Armenian composer and lyricist, artist with good voice, interesting performance - I can't find a bad thing there. IMO they should still go in that direction.

Indeed! Although I don't think they can outdo themselves this time. Not Alone was brilliant! (one of my fav entries ever, for real xbowxbowxbow)

A-lister

Veteran

"Not Alone" was great. However I would prefer an entry like their old ones. I missed them xheart

I stick to my (unpopular) opinion was that "Not Alone" was a total bore and I would much prefer Armenia going back to their nice ethno-pop entries instead, the last Armenian entries were pretty bad.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I stick to my (unpopular) opinion was that "Not Alone" was a total bore and I would much prefer Armenia going back to their nice ethno-pop entries instead, the last Armenian entries were pretty bad.

Couldn't agree more! Another Jan Jan please :D

nunaney

Something like Jan Jan would be amazing. There hasn't been many ethno-pop songs in Eurovision in the last few years. I really miss them.

greece

You told me the same in the previous page before some months :lol:
But as I said, I agree I want their ethno pop entries back.

Haverdge

I don't understand why some people expect us to be a one-trick pony, though. Don't get me wrong, I, too, love Jan Jan and our other ethnic entries, but I would be extremely disappointed all we sent was that. While I appreciate that you guys like our ethno stuff, I think it's good that the Armenian music scene-- at least publicly, is trying new things and trying to reinvent itself in a way that may be more appealing to others. If you were to tell me that "Not Alone" would be our entry back in 2007 or 2006, I wouldn't believe you, but given that now we've tried to stick our heads out and do something out of the ordinary and be rewarded for it (4th place and a number of votes from countries that don't usually vote for us), I think we should stick to this trend of not presenting what is expected of us. We shouldn't be looking for specific genres from certain countries; rather, high-quality and substantive entries that are unique.

This applies to everyone, by the way, not just us.

greece

^ Well to be honest I would like if every country send an ethno pop song (and even better in the naitive language). However I said it about Armenia cause they are for the few countries that did well with that kind of song at the recent years, so it won't affect bad to them, like it would in other countries. From the other hand the 3 last years, ethno songs are hardly ever doing well.

ZoboCamel

From the other hand the 3 last years, ethno songs are hardly ever doing well.

While that's certainly true, I don't think it's necessarily a result of people turning away from the genre. The quality of ethno-pop songs in the last few years seems to have gone down - we're getting Solayoh and Quero Ser Tua instead of Secret Combination and Always - and with Greece branching out a little and Turkey away from the contest, there's less ethno-pop in general. If we were to start seeing good entries from the genre again, they'd probably still reach the top 10.

Mlyn

Banned

Maybe they will vote fairly and without bias against favourites? SURPRISE Y'ALL

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

It's me. Surprise!!

A select group of people from ESCUnited to sing as part of a group.

Schlagerman1

I have a feeling that it will be Sirusho who makes a grand comeback. :p

armenie

i think :

sirusho or Aram... national final or system of down...

Top Bottom