Contact us

2024 Winner predictions

lilka

I'd really like to see Greece winning but I'm also aware that Marina's song may sound strange to others.
I think it will be a dark horse again.

MopManMoss

Veteran
:hr: has winner vibes all over

rock ✔
middle eastern vibe ✔
sing along ✔
quirkyness ✔
televote ✔
country never won esc ✔
How does middle eastern vibe (what)/country that has never won/rock lead to a winner exactly?

We have had two rock winners and the general audience doesn't care even a tiny bit about whether or not a country has won previously when they vote as they probably have no idea

hawadharma

How does middle eastern vibe (what)/country that has never won/rock lead to a winner exactly?

We have had two rock winners and the general audience doesn't care even a tiny bit about whether or not a country has won previously when they vote as they probably have no idea
don't take me too seriously :ROFLMAO:

empo21

Veteran
I think it might just come down to who can present the most adequate performance and I think it's gonna be Italy.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

aef

Am I the only one who thinks Norway could even be a surprise NQ?
It's far from having a shot at winning in my opinion
This. Giving me more Icebreaker vibes than any winning vibes.

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

aef

As I already mentioned I´m absolutely clueless about this year. But for some reason I have the feeling that some songs we´re expecting to rock the televote won´t do as well because they´ll only do well in certain parts of Europe, :nl: for example. I can see Joost getting good points (not necessarily :12: though) in :de:, :at:, :ch: and :be: as well as in Scandinavia, but I already read quite a few times here and there that this style of music was never that popular in Southern or Eastern Europe, so I could see these countries giving him fewer points in the televote.

Guess we have to wait and see what happens in Malmö, this is one of the most open races for the ESC crown in a very long time and I like that. :)
I’d say :nl: will be more popular in a those countries while :hr: will struggle in Western and Northern Europe. Therefore no 300+ televoting winner I guess.

Btw I’m totally confused by :gr:, why is it top 10 in the odds??? This isn’t top 10 material at all.

AliceEsc

I have a feeling juries will be more open to experimental/non mainstream songs this year.
There will be no runaway jury winner this year, so I think :hr: has a decent shot.
If votes are spread all over the place, my guess is:
:be: jury winner
:hr: televote winner
:lt: / :ch: ESC winner

But I'm terrible at predictions, last year I predicted :ch: top 3 with the juries :rolleyes:

Zeus

The group of televote-friendly entries this year is so big and well wide-spread across Europe that I'm pretty sure the juries will decide the winner this year. The group of jury-pleasing entries is rather small, so it might be easier to get a very high jury score than a very high televote score. So, the winner would be one of the frontrunners in the juryvote who also does really well in the televote (but might not even need top 3 in it).

Faves based on great jury score + good to great televote score

:be::it:

Dark horses based on a good "average" score

:ch::ua:

Possible outsiders based on huge televote score + surprisingly decent jury score
:nl::hr:

Possible outsiders based on huge jury score + surprisingly decent televote score
:se::uk:

aef

Can anyone please explain why :ua: is considered as a contender by 90 percent of people. The song is absolutely no winner material. And the war situation doesn’t produce a 300 televoting points situation anymore. Between 150 and 200 televoting points is possible again and maybe up to 100 jury points. But why should juries give this song more than 150 points or so?? It’s no jury song at all.

Ezio

Veteran
Can anyone please explain why :ua: is considered as a contender by 90 percent of people. The song is absolutely no winner material. And the war situation doesn’t produce a 300 televoting points situation anymore. Between 150 and 200 televoting points is possible again and maybe up to 100 jury points. But why should juries give this song more than 150 points or so?? It’s no jury song at all.
I can explain that: It's a great and unique song. You're welcome.

Ezio

Veteran
Top Bottom