Contact us

2024 Winner predictions

Nienor

I am taking out my crystal ball and making a super early prediction that this year it will be between Norway 🇳🇴 and UK 🇬🇧 .
Just based on a hunch, I might be horribly wrong...or not, it will be fun to see this later on.

What is your crystal ball saying?

HarryUK

Veteran
We all know Olly Alexander’s song is going to be phenomenal. Nothing he’s put out has been anything less than that, and he’s working with the writers behind Dua Lipa’s song ‘Houdini’, so I think the UK are the country to beat so far, even without the song…

Norway are doomed if they send that AI song but could be contenders if they opt for Gåte…

France is a potential jury pleaser but I can’t ignore the shaky vocals of his New Year’s performance in Paris, it was a beautiful rendition but vocally it wasn’t that strong in my view… but time is on his side to perfect the song.

Let us also not discount countries like Ukraine who have beautiful songs in their NF and Israel who could pull in some ‘solidarity’ votes from across Europe, because remember it’s a vote to win not to lose!

Realest

At the Moment Alyona & Jerry :ua: is the Winner.
Only :it: and :se: can prevent this.

boyardor

I could see :rs: winning with Konstrakta or Teya Dora. :no: has great chances with KEiiNO or Gate. :sl: could surprise us. But I would like to see :cz: on a pedestal.

I bims

Veteran
I have my eyes on these countries:

:uk: If he delivers a great pop song and chart hit, he is a big contender and I think he will take it

:ua: Don't think I need to explain this, Jerry Heil could've been a massive challenger already for Loreen and Käärijä last year

:am: They are REALLY trying every year but I feel like they just always slightly miscalculate. Rosa Linn had a giant hit but it didn't work for Eurovision. And Brunette was on paper a great choice but it just didn't come together. But they know how to stage, they just need the right song and I think they will get it soon. Maybe Malena will enter the ring in the near future 👀

:gr: Marina has a vision and she will bring something special. Don't think it will scream winner from the get go but she could deliver a Salvador Sobral kinda moment

ESC94

I have my eyes on these countries:

:uk: If he delivers a great pop song and chart hit, he is a big contender and I think he will take it

:ua: Don't think I need to explain this, Jerry Heil could've been a massive challenger already for Loreen and Käärijä last year

:am: They are REALLY trying every year but I feel like they just always slightly miscalculate. Rosa Linn had a giant hit but it didn't work for Eurovision. And Brunette was on paper a great choice but it just didn't come together. But they know how to stage, they just need the right song and I think they will get it soon. Maybe Malena will enter the ring in the near future 👀

:gr: Marina has a vision and she will bring something special. Don't think it will scream winner from the get go but she could deliver a Salvador Sobral kinda moment

Hm, not so sure about :gr: to be honest. From her songs I´ve heard so far I could see this rather as a fanhype that ultimately falls flat resultwise.

And regarding Ollie, he needs a really strong song because outside :uk: and :ie: he´s more or less a one-hit wonder.

jatojo

I don't like any of the songs that are currently 1st in the odds in the various NF's. :cautious: I pray that none of the songs we have heard so far are going to win the contest in Malmö - and that we haven't heard the five best songs yet.

In fact, the best new "Eurovision song" I've listened to since last year's Grand Final is Loreen's "Is It Love".

DirtyFalcon

We all know Olly Alexander’s song is going to be phenomenal. Nothing he’s put out has been anything less than that, and he’s working with the writers behind Dua Lipa’s song ‘Houdini’, so I think the UK are the country to beat so far, even without the song…

Norway are doomed if they send that AI song but could be contenders if they opt for Gåte…

France is a potential jury pleaser but I can’t ignore the shaky vocals of his New Year’s performance in Paris, it was a beautiful rendition but vocally it wasn’t that strong in my view… but time is on his side to perfect the song.

Let us also not discount countries like Ukraine who have beautiful songs in their NF and Israel who could pull in some ‘solidarity’ votes from across Europe, because remember it’s a vote to win not to lose!
I agree on GÃ¥te. They could be contenders for the win. Their live performance instantly gave me winner vibes and the first ones of this NF season :no:

For :fr: and Slimane, I would not take his live performance during New Year's eve as a reference for his vocals clearly. He literally sang outside exposed to freezing wind and only 5/6 degrees that night. The conditions for him to give an optimal performance were clearly not as ideal as it would be on a studio. Since that performance during NYE's, he sang on a french TV show "La Boîte à Secrets" and was amazing live as usual :

Personally i keep an eye on Spain and St.Pedro if he wins. He gives me Sobral vibes already without the performance so i can't imagine after seeing him live :es:

Last edited:

0scar

My guess at the moment is that the winner is hiding somewhere between
:am: :fr: (compromise winner) :il: :no: :ch: :uk:
but it's based on nothing but gut feeling lol, I hope :is: :fi: :es: could join the ranks but not sure about that, and always hoping for a :be: :nl: win but those I don't expect. I don't expect a :ua: win.

Countries I think we can rule out from winning:
:al: :at: :cz: :ee: :de: :ie: :lt: :lv: :mt: :md: :lu: :sl: :rs: :sm:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think the following:

Likely winners: :gr::uk::ua:

Possible winners: :se::es::it: (i think St. Pedro can surprise)

Unlikely but still: :rs::be::am::nl::ch::is:

All others are out.

lasse braun

for the moment this is a gaga prediction because there are not enough acts clear.
but ok i have dreamed that the sky over malmö will be full of talharpas.

:ee:

ayzelto

The only song out of all the national finals that I can see winning the whole thing is :ua: Teresa & Maria.
I don't know whether it's me or not but I am not really liking any of the songs in the national finals (apart from a couple or three that I find interesting). I really hope the internal selections choose wisely, otherwise we'll have already a winner two months before the contest.

nudiecrudi

I do agree with @mauve.
Only Gate has potential to do well. But we have to consider the presence of two other witches, Raiven and Justyna ( if she wins)
Deluded by Serbia. Maybe that patriotic song could win but I see only a qualification.
From the Spanish section I see only St Pedro getting a certain result.
The Ukrainian girl duo is extremely overrated.
Paskana from Finland is a good song. A winner? I don't think.
Baby Lasagna from Croatia??😩Are you serious?

Mainshow

Veteran
GÃ¥te might be winning the televoting but the juries will definitely place them in the lower Top 10 or even outside of it.
It's neither pop, nor in English.

Top Bottom