Contact us

2018 European Men's Handball Championship in Croatia

EscGeek

Veteran
:sl: 31-26 :es:

what a performance.. this is what i want to see xcheer :D

Verjamem

Screen_182.png

Wikipedia is wrong, because Slovenia still can mathematically make it to the semifinals. They just have to win their game and Spain must draw with Germany. Then, head-to-head points between these 3 teams will decide.

:sl: - :de: 25:25
:sl: - :es: 31:26
:de: - :es: (draw)

:sl: - 3 points (1-1-0)
:de: - 2 points (0-2-0)
:es: - 1 point (0-1-1)

It's actually true that Macedonia can't be in Top 2 of group, as even if they will level on points with Spain & Germany, their opponents have better records (Spain will pass in this situation). So, we will have clash of 4 teams for one remaining place in semifinals. It's going to be exciting day xcheer

ShoeFlo

Oh my... yesterday was perfect for our chances. A simple win over Spain and we are im semi final! If our defense is as solid as against Denmark we stand good chances.
I hope Spain still has nightmares of Euro 2016 final xheat when we beat them 24:17.. Amdreas Wolff showed one of the best keeper Performances ive ever seen.. but I guess today we cant keep them on 17 goals :lol:

Magizian

It's actually true that Macedonia can't be in Top 2 of group, as even if they will level on points with Spain & Germany, their opponents have better records (Spain will pass in this situation). So, we will have clash of 4 teams for one remaining place in semifinals. It's going to be exciting day xcheer

In group 1 the two top places are also decided by 4 teams. Exciting day, indeed! :D The only thing is, that a lot of teams played yesteday (in both groups), and to expect them to do a good game less than 24 hrs later, is unfair. The EHF really needs to change this in upcoming Euros :rolleyes:

Is it wrong of me to cheer for the Czechs in group 2? :lol:

Magizian

yes, very wrong! xwedgie

I'm sorry :D Before the tournament all the Danish commentators had the Czech Republic among the worst teams to take part. Now they're in with a good chance of reaching the semis :lol:

That being said, I think Slovenia will win (somewhat easily), after the great game against Spain.

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm sorry :D Before the tournament all the Danish commentators had the Czech Republic among the worst teams to take part. Now they're in with a good chance of reaching the semis :lol:

That being said, I think Slovenia will win (somewhat easily), after the great game against Spain.
I get it, I like underdogs too :D

Verjamem

In group 1 the two top places are also decided by 4 teams. Exciting day, indeed! :D The only thing is, that a lot of teams played yesteday (in both groups), and to expect them to do a good game less than 24 hrs later, is unfair. The EHF really needs to change this in upcoming Euros :rolleyes:
Yeah, you are right. I forgot about Group I :) I agree with you about fixtures, it was better when we had 3 games everyday in main round.

Czech Rep is leading 12:11 at halftime, but two of their players were sent-off already :shock:

ShoeFlo

I am surprised the bookies actually consider us favorites tonight against Spain xfaint
Is it just because we beat them in the last Euros? We had a better coach back then and we flopped in the last WC... and usually we dont do well against Spain xthink anyway, I am excited and thrilled for tonight

EscGeek

Veteran
deja vu, ladies and gentleman

today, just before the end, :sl: was in the same (similar, if you want) situation as :de: was against slovenia
of course, germans get to have the video check at the end, but we don't.
But don't get me wrong, we didn't deserve a medal this year.
I try to be objective.. maybe some referees hate the coach Vujović for his behavior?xthink

*plus* EHF changed the rules in the middle of a tournament! X-OI initially it was thought that 3 teams would qualify for 2019 world cup, now it's just one..xfacepalm

Verjamem

*plus* EHF changed the rules in the middle of a tournament! X-OI initially it was thought that 3 teams would qualify for 2019 world cup, now it's just one..xfacepalm
Yeah, they shouldn't do that, but at least they will use 2 places as wildcards. You came 3rd at last WC, so you can be almost sure Slovenia will use that in case of your misfortune in qualifying play-offs :)

Schlagerman1

I haven't added much to this thread, but I just want to add that I love handball...especially when Sweden wins against Denmark. :mrgreen: xshock1 xyaaay xcheer xyaay
Sweden is finally back at the top! JIPPIE!!!

Magizian

Grattis Sverige! What a terrible game for us. Consistency is key - we have none.

But...

Wozniacki just won the Australian Open, so I'm not too bothered about last night :D

aletem

Out of being top of that group in Varazdin, to reach the rock bottom. :lol: That's because nothing was shown in varazdin, especially against Spain (and against Denmark too, where there was no motivation to play). We kinda allowed for that to happen by first gifting Spain to win against us and increase their chances to qualify to the semis and more and then we lost a won game against Czech Republic... :lol: IMO Slovenia deserved a semi-final at least and I feel now bad that we won over them..

aletem

yeah, but slovenia wasn't consistent...we played without five important players who are injured..
but we're still better than spain:cool:
Ermm, I really think not having Dolenec in your team did you a favour. That snotty thing is not a good player at all. Mlakar is a great shooter and a type of player that Slovenia needs on that position. I would say is that Mackovsek is not on the same level as he was the year before.

aletem

Qualifiers for the next Euro event:

csm_Summary_995_draw_final_tournament_7a193d65df.jpg

Thank you EHF for giving us Greece in our group! :mrgreen: :twisted: (O)

Himan

Greece literally in the group of death with Turkey and Macedonia :) well the Dutch men should qualify this time with 24 teams

Top Bottom