Contact us

2018 European Men's Handball Championship in Croatia

aletem

:me: - :mk: 28:29

We can breathe now! Another win, even without much playing and no motivated goalkeepers. That's at least 2 points in the next phase and I would like us to make a 3/3 next match. I know our audience will have fun chanting "Auf wiedersehen" at least as we regularly do when we face German teams in handball (like Rhein Neckar or Flensburg). :mrgreen: :lol:

cy-hgl.gif
:mrgreen:
He is still amazing and a really good coach! xheart And of-course you were robbed against Germany, but Germany often has the referees, new rules and who knows what else on their side. My wish is to beat them on Wednesday and that would be big and I think we can do it!

EscGeek

Veteran
:me: - :mk: 28:29

We can breathe now! Another win, even without much playing and no motivated goalkeepers. That's at least 2 points in the next phase and I would like us to make a 3/3 next match. I know our audience will have fun chanting "Auf wiedersehen" at least as we regularly do when we face German teams in handball (like Rhein Neckar or Flensburg). :mrgreen: :lol:

He is still amazing and a really good coach! xheart And of-course you were robbed against Germany, but Germany often has the referees, new rules and who knows what else on their side. My wish is to beat them on Wednesday and that would be big and I think we can do it!
best of luck against the all powerful referees..beware of the fine print:twisted: xrunhug

i know i'm bitter...xqueenbitch

aletem

best of luck against the all powerful referees..beware of the fine print:twisted: xrunhug

i know i'm bitter...xqueenbitch
Well that rule is questionable and I really didn't see anything wrong, since Slovenia scored a goal in the last 1 or 2 seconds..

Of-course we'll need luck, since Germany in handball is just like Australia in Eurovision... but we have the fans, so lets hope for the best. :D Vujovic's reactions were funny, tho I get him. He has so much passion and was right this time. Tho, unfair to blame the refs in the first game. I mean Slovene players were very rough in that first match.

EscGeek

Veteran
Well that rule is questionable and I really didn't see anything wrong, since Slovenia scored a goal in the last 1 or 2 seconds..

Of-course we'll need luck, since Germany in handball is just like Australia in Eurovision... but we have the fans, so lets hope for the best. :D Vujovic's reactions were funny, tho I get him. He has so much passion and was right this time. Tho, unfair to blame the refs in the first game. I mean Slovene players were very rough in that first match.
yeah, i wasn't that upset when we fairly lost against macedonia .. sure, the referees are never perfect, but they were acceptable.
today, things went too far!

ShoeFlo

Gosh, its not even complicated, cry-babies.

Throw-Off: A throw-off is taken by the team that wins the coin toss and chooses to start the game with the ball. Each team must be in its own half of the court with the defense 3 meters away from the ball. Following a whistle, the ball is passed from center court to a teammate and play begins. Throw-off is repeated after every goal scored and after half-time.

Dont blame the Germans, dont blame the refs, blame the Slovenian idiot who impeded our player instead of running back and focus on defending the goal. There were only 2 seconds left on the clock anyway.
The excessive temper is the worst enemy of balkan nations... the behaviour of the coach before the penalty was also embarassing

And we never really benefitted from referee support apart of WC 2007 when we hosted. But tbh in handball hosts are mostly advantaged by the refs. For example we were robbed against Qatar in WC 2015 :rolleyes:

aletem

^
Lol, you didn't deserve to be in Qatar in 2015, where they invented a rule just to kick out Australia and put... not anybody from the EURO 2014, but Germany as someone who was best ranked team at the previous World Championship. :lol: They did that because they couldn't allow Germany to miss two big events in a row and I guess to have lot of TV share too. And Qatar robbed everyone, from Austria to Poland (cashing lot of money for that final).

You've benefited quite a lot from the referees in handball (both men's and women's). I've been fan of this sport for now over 20 years and I have been cheering for Germany too, when they had Brand as their coach and players like Fritz, Hens, Kehrman or Zeitz.
Vujovic always reacts like that and so does Cervar. They are both incredibly passionate and Vujovic is always ready to beat somebody up haha.

ShoeFlo

HA. HA. HA. I spoke too soon about me being optimistic :lol:

Don't worry too much. I still think Czech Republic is gonna lose to Hungary and gets eliminated so that your loss wont be counted in the second group stage but the win over Czech will :p
But with a performance like this you will have a hard time against Spain

aletem

:de: - :mk: 25:25 :cool:

Great!! First time undefeated against the Germans and we won the group... voila! :mrgreen:

Magizian

But with a performance like this you will have a hard time against Spain

We just beat Spain quite comfortably, so I'm happy! The pain from losing against the Czechs is almost gone :D

Apparently we're to face off against Germany, Macedonia and Slovenia in the next round, a.k.a. the escunited battle royale. Oh happy times :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
Slovenia has even threatened to leave in protest, but it was obviously just to keep EHF on their toes. After all, the punishment would be brutal.

In any case, Handball Federation of Slovenia is going to file a complaint to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. xqueenbitch

ShoeFlo

We just beat Spain quite comfortably, so I'm happy! The pain from losing against the Czechs is almost gone :D

Thats just another proof for how balanced the major Handball tournaments are... all teams can beat each other, especially in the Euros. it's all about daily form and gaining the momentum.. Also, look how Iceland humiliated Sweden in the first half of their match and now look how both teams ended up in that group... little details can be crucial on that level

Now Germany has to step up their game. The matches against Slovenia and Macedonia were okay (apart of first half against Slovenia) since these aren't minnows but competitive teams. Nevertheless, we can do better! Luckily no team in our group has a real advantage. Macedonia has the lead with 3 points but both Spain and Denmark have only 2, too. It can get really exciting and we can still dream of making the semi finals. First challenge is Czech Republic which I think are the weakest opponent yet to come (usually! as i said, it's a lot about daily form) so we MUST win this match!

I dont have much trust in our coach though, he makes weird decisions. Now at least he called up Finn Lemke, our arguably best defender who for whatever reason wasnt part of the squad at the beginning of the tournament. It's a shame that Dagur Sigurdsson gave up the coach job last year, he rebuilt our team and we cant thank him often enough for his merits.

I'm looking forward to the Denmark match. Germany vs Denmark are thrilling matches!! They've always been xheat

Magizian

Thats just another proof for how balanced the major Handball tournaments are... all teams can beat each other, especially in the Euros. it's all about daily form and gaining the momentum.. Also, look how Iceland humiliated Sweden in the first half of their match and now look how both teams ended up in that group... little details can be crucial on that level

Winning the Euros is more difficult than winning the World Championship, which is kinda odd :D But I like that there are more teams with a real chance of ending up on the podium, instead of just 2-3 favourites.

I'm looking forward to the Denmark match. Germany vs Denmark are thrilling matches!! They've always been xheat

True. I'm so looking forward to Sunday. Both teams look to be all over the place, so I'm guessing a draw?! :mrgreen:

Magizian

Does the EHF really have the balls to sanction the Croatian coach, because of the controversy in the game against Belarus? More drama! :rolleyes:

EscGeek

Veteran
Does the EHF really have the balls to sanction the Croatian coach, because of the controversy in the game against Belarus? More drama! :rolleyes:

he got 3000 € fine

But this year is nothing compared to Qatar 2015! One of the biggest sport tragedies ever

Magizian

okay, a fair loss against :dk:

we will not file a complaintxqueenbitch:lol:

Haha, how very sportsmanlike of you :lol:

The game was highly entertaining, and I think Denmark's best performance in this year's Euros. Before the game, I was somewhat nervous if our defence would hold up (with the agility in Slovenia's backline). We managed okay with a great deal of concentration, but man those are swift players.

EscGeek

Veteran
Haha, how very sportsmanlike of you :lol:

The game was highly entertaining, and I think Denmark's best performance in this year's Euros. Before the game, I was somewhat nervous if our defence would hold up (with the agility in Slovenia's backline). We managed okay with a great deal of concentration, but man those are swift players.

Yep, the game was fun to watch. You can thank danish wing players for your victory. They were always one step ahead of us

aletem

:es: - :mk: 31:20

Congrats to us for allowing Spain to win without even trying to play handball for 60 minutes. Not sure if it is a sold game, but without will, without caring, we gave the game away from the start. If it wasnt for our goalkeepers, we would've conceded over 40 goals!! It's a shame, coz Spain is not that good... I get that we are focused on Czech Republic and Denmark, but still. It's not fair to play like that.

Top Bottom