Contact us

100 % Televoting only results.

FilipFromSweden

They turned Eurovision into X-Factor!!!! xfaint

The "sob story" they kept shoving in our faces and apparently it seems people fell for it xfacepalm

For all we know people might have voted for Austria cause they thought it was a great joke act not cause it symbolized equality like they kept telling us xshrug

There is no sob story, Conchita lights a flame in people about human rights and they get a feeling of an fighting underdog

Franco

JackBauer

Last year Moldova was in the final too and got 15 per cent of the televotes, thus explaining the increase this year

FilipFromSweden

Last year Moldova was in the final too and got 15 per cent of the televotes, thus explaining the increase this year

If Moldova was ranked as 19th in the televoting how is it possible that they got 15% of all the televotes?

LalehForWD

:pl: was 3:rd in Swedish televote. The funny thing is it is the only successful ESC song that has been totally absent on all charts, Spotify, Digilistan, iTunes - nothing. Strange ... xthink. Just compare :fr: twin twin jumbo got 1p from Sweden due to jury votes, but is currently #19 on Digilistan.

Pawhlen

:pl: was 3:rd in Swedish televote. The funny thing is it is the only successful ESC song that has been totally absent on all charts, Spotify, Digilistan, iTunes - nothing. Strange ... xthink. Just compare :fr: twin twin jumbo got 1p from Sweden due to jury votes, but is currently #19 on Digilistan.

The theory that people voted only for the "boobs" regarding Poland seems more and more sure for each day

Nikkita

Russia 6th :eek: they had one of the worst songs :eek:

FilipFromSweden

... to keep friends on the top and kick enemies to the bottom. Or just use some silly strategy and get banned like Georgia.

Juries provide justice too, I think people only look at the negative numbers. Thanks to the juries Montenegro and San Marino qualified and they all helped Sweden, Austria and The Netherlands to get in the top 3!

JamieBrown

Juries provide justice too, I think people only look at the negative numbers. Thanks to the juries Montenegro and San Marino qualified and they all helped Sweden, Austria and The Netherlands to get in the top 3!

But except Sweden, the outcome would be the same in all cases by pure televoting! And my personal opinion is, that Armenia was much better than Sweden (I'm sorry for you). That's the points. Of course, I think Malta this year and Switzerland in 2011 would've deserved the final, also I was very happy about Italy's 2nd place in 2011. But there are more disappointing effects, the jury voting did. And I think, it's not the diaspora voting for the countries, but for the songs, as you can see in the cases of Ukraine 2012, Georgia and Armenia 2013 and Azerbaijan this year. I couldn't understand why this year's azerbaijani entry did so bad in comparison to all the horrible entries before, but I think it's just to accept the televoting results and respect the opinion of eurovision fans, no matter how weird it is!

I asked it once, I will do it again: Why should the opinion of about 200 people in Europe more worthful, than the opinion of millions of fans, paying for their votes?

FilipFromSweden

But except Sweden, the outcome would be the same in all cases by pure televoting! And my personal opinion is, that Armenia was much better than Sweden (I'm sorry for you). That's the points. Of course, I think Malta this year and Switzerland in 2011 would've deserved the final, also I was very happy about Italy's 2nd place in 2011. But there are more disappointing effects, the jury voting did. And I think, it's not the diaspora voting for the countries, but for the songs, as you can see in the cases of Ukraine 2012, Georgia and Armenia 2013 and Azerbaijan this year. I couldn't understand why this year's azerbaijani entry did so bad in comparison to all the horrible entries before, but I think it's just to accept the televoting results and respect the opinion of eurovision fans, no matter how weird it is!
http://www.escunited.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1280965
I asked it once, I will do it again: Why should the opinion of about 200 people in Europe more worthful, than the opinion of millions of fans, paying for their votes?

Becuase they are music professionals, according to the EBU.

Well, I think you are looking at it in the wrong way. What if Sweden, Armenia, The Netherlands and Austria got 0 points? Then the juries would have saved them. Just because a jury does not change the outcome does not mean they are doing nothing. They can't predict the televoting results and they don't get to see it before they get to cast their votes so many people get the idea of juries '' screwing '' a country when they actually don't know the outcome. I also think juries do bad decisions but someone's got to win and someone's got to loose, they make good decisions too.

JamieBrown

Becuase they are music professionals, according to the EBU.

Well, I think you are looking at it in the wrong way. What if Sweden, Armenia, The Netherlands and Austria got 0 points? Then the juries would have saved them. Just because a jury does not change the outcome does not mean they are doing nothing. They can't predict the televoting results and they don't get to see it before they get to cast their votes so many people get the idea of juries '' screwing '' a country when they actually don't know the outcome. I also think juries do bad decisions but someone's got to win and someone's got to loose, they make good decisions too.

If they would vote professionally, they may be better than in the current way. This means, they should focus their voting on singing & stage performance, lyrics of the song, the abnormality of an arrangement and even then, it's just the personal opinion of 5 people, so called music experts. Aren't the viewers too dumb or not able to say "This is a good song, this isn't" ?

And it doesn't matter what would happen if the televoters didn't give enough points to the Netherlands. It happened. So why thinking about, what the juries would've done if the televoting result would be different. Also I think, I'm not thankful to the juries if they would save my favourites. As I said before: I could wonder about the weird taste of Eurovision fans, but I would accept it, but I couldn't accept the fact, that 5 random musicians, whose maybe aren't really interested in Eurovision, have more power than millions of people.

LalehForWD

I guess you already know this, but the juries are there to counteract abuse of the televotes for in particular nationalistic/patriotic purposes or other voting manipulating (unfortunately). This year's voting for the Polish song is an example, it came third in the Swedish televoting but is completely dead in the charts. A mystery indeed (just compare with French twin twin chart performance). The juries are of course an expression of distrust of the public despite as you say they're actually paying to get their opinion through. Is this distrust justified? Yes, I'd say.

U

Poland topped our televote and yet the week after they were nowhere to be seen in the top 100. Even Norway who wasn't top 10 with our public reached #97 in the end (and beat Ruth as well which made me happy, not even the X Factor could help her chart :lol:)

LalehForWD

U

Poland topped our televote and yet the week after they were nowhere to be seen in the top 100. Even Norway who wasn't top 10 with our public reached #97 in the end (and beat Ruth as well which made me happy, not even the X Factor could help her chart :lol:)

I'm really no expert on these things, but this is the first time I see strange results in the Swedish televote. The only comment of a more prominent status I've seen about the matter is from Schlagerprofilerna.

tuorem

Wow, I didn't notice the viewers were not interested in Malta at all.

aletem

Well, of course I hate the fact the Eastern European juries tried to sink Conchita, and the Azeri jury even tried to sink every favourite in the competition.

But on the other hand, the Balkans and Turkey will return one day, and these countries were in the centre of the political voting mess.

Austria's votes were truly fair: 12 points to Armenia in the final, 10 points to Belarus in the semifinal. If the Balkans were in the final, all their points would have been attributed to Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey, Croatia, Albania because of the diaspora.
Maybe they didn't like the song. I for one didn't like it and I thought it makes a terrible winner. Conchita's previous song was imo much, much better.

And not true!!! There are a lot of Macedonians in Austria. Yet, Macedonia wasn't in the Austrian top10 televote. Also, in Italy Macedonia only had 3.36% (4 points in the semi), which doesn't do justice to the diaspora. If the people bothered to vote, Tijana would have been top3 in both Austria's and Italy's televote. Same thing in Germany. ;) Also, Slovenia didn't get points from Austria (where they chart fairly well compared to other places). Also Sergej Cetkovic is known very well among the Balkan population and diaspora, but he didn't do well in the televoting (even though his song was great!).

Top Bottom