Contact us

100 % Televoting only results.

Milos-BC

Maybe they didn't like the song. I for one didn't like it and I thought it makes a terrible winner. Conchita's previous song was imo much, much better.

And not true!!! There are a lot of Macedonians in Austria. Yet, Macedonia wasn't in the Austrian top10 televote. Also, in Italy Macedonia only had 3.36% (4 points in the semi), which doesn't do justice to the diaspora. If the people bothered to vote, Tijana would have been top3 in both Austria's and Italy's televote. Same thing in Germany. ;) Also, Slovenia didn't get points from Austria (where they chart fairly well compared to other places). Also Sergej Cetkovic is known very well among the Balkan population and diaspora, but he didn't do well in the televoting (even though his song was great!).

You didn't like Conchita's winning entry? :eek:

How dare you..........you intolerant Eastern European homophobe! :mrgreen:

Pawhlen

Another thing to notice in the votes from :am: is that :ua: got :12: in the semi but :0: in the final

:ru: was ranked lower than :ua: in the semi and the opposite in the final.

xthink

Mlyn

Banned
Well, I'm not on twitter, but nobody's perfect and I think SietseBakker is just adorable. He founded a fantastic website called esctoday.com, which still exists.....

So, why would we want to be rude at him, just because he is not a statistic expert?

Well, I see solution to this problem and this going back to the voting system we had until 2012! We never had negative voting until then, and we don't want it now. Period. Negative voting is when jurors decide about the last and low places as well as top places. Televoters don't do that, because they can't.

Somebody tell him please!

You know, voting is never perfect. People around Europe are always voting for their home countries, and jurors are often under political pressure.

Still, Austria won. AUSTRIA. So, the sum of all flaws is still irrelevant.

Pawhlen

Well, I'm not on twitter, but nobody's perfect and I think SietseBakker is just adorable. He founded a fantastic website called esctoday.com, which still exists.....

So, why would we want to be rude at him, just because he is not a statistic expert?

Well, I see solution to this problem and this going back to the voting system we had until 2012! We never had negative voting until then, and we don't want it now. Period. Negative voting is when jurors decide about the last and low places as well as top places. Televoters don't do that, because they can't.

You know, voting is never perfect. People around Europe are always voting for their home countries, and jurors are often under political pressure.

Agree, but the reason why many are being upset is because Sand and Bakker just whisk away all this as if it is not serious for them. They did the same with "Azerbaijan-Gate" last year and in the end, it was confirmed that it had occured despite Sand and Bakkers negative speakes making them look really silly xfacepalm :oops:

That´s what I think people are being very irritated when he gives a answer like that IOTAP

FilipFromSweden

:ru: was ranked lower than :ua: in the semi and the opposite in the final.

xthink

That is the outcome sometimes, the countries in one semi-final might like one more than the other but when everyone gets to vote in the final it might be the opposite. 2008 is a great example, Greece won the semi-final, Russia finished 3rd. In the final they switched places.

Pawhlen

That is the outcome sometimes, the countries in one semi-final might like one more than the other but when everyone gets to vote in the final it might be the opposite. 2008 is a great example, Greece won the semi-final, Russia finished 3rd. In the final they switched places.

I was talking about the Armenian jury votes, not the overall result :lol:

more that :12: from :am: to :ua: in the semi became :0: in the final just like the :me: votes last year xthink

Evalngelion

Juries are kinda ****

- Switzerland reanked 7th with Fans and Near from the bottom with juries? it shouldnt be at reverse?
- Azerbaijan got 98 points with juries, wtf?
- Poland in juries bottom 5? i gotta kill some of them, they are so static.. and centralized.

Televoting is also ****.

HabaHaba

Agree, but the reason why many are being upset is because Sand and Bakker just whisk away all this as if it is not serious for them. They did the same with "Azerbaijan-Gate" last year and in the end, it was confirmed that it had occured despite Sand and Bakkers negative speakes making them look really silly xfacepalm :oops:

That´s what I think people are being very irritated when he gives a answer like that IOTAP

Puppets.

JTL90

I really don't know what are the benefits of this kind of discussion, especially when they are arguing with the person who doesn't have any authority to influence the rules of ESC.

If people have something against the current rules of ESC, they should try to contact the members of the Eurovision Song Contest Reference Group or their home country's delegation leader. Usage of disrespectful language on the representative of EBU leads nowhere.

In my opinion the voting rules should be changed closer to 2012 rules.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That whole twitter discussion is a complete joke. In regards to Poland, not one of them even began to think that the Irish and Polish juries may not have liked the song?... people argue they knew about diaspora but its not as strong, there was no way at all to know Poland would top the UK/Irish televote.

Pawhlen

That whole twitter discussion is a complete joke. In regards to Poland, not one of them even began to think that the Irish and Polish juries may not have liked the song?... people argue they knew about diaspora but its not as strong, there was no way at all to know Poland would top the UK/Irish televote.
I don´t think the people are most mad at some country doing better or worse, more that EBU almost seem to stuck their heads in the sand again like with "Azerbaijan-Gate" last year. That is what I think are making many people upset.

Pawhlen

You all remember the average rankning that was what we got as the official split in 2013 which made us all wonder if there were something fishy going on? I took the time of calculating last years televotes ranking to prove that the average ranking didn´t mean the actual Place the countries got among televoters and this is the result I got:

1. :at: 3,08
2. :nl: 5,78
3. :se: 5,84
4. :am: 7,32
5. :pl: 8,14
6. :ch: 8,43
7. :ua: 9,43
8. :hu: 9,73
9. :ru: 10,43
10. :ro: 11,62
11. :gr: 11,84
12. :es: 12,30
13. :no: 12,49
14. :dk: 13,51
15. :by: 13,86
16. :fi: 14,16
17. :uk: 14,41
18. :is: 14,62
19. :de: 15,11
20. :sm: 16,00
21. :mt: 17,27
22. :it: 18,46
23. :sl: 19,00
24. :fr: 19,54
25. :me: 20,05
26. :az: 20,41

compare that to the Points ranking: http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreb...ng-contest-2014---final---televoting/xDHN7APL

GRE

[MENTION=12855]Pawhlen[/MENTION] you have made perfect job ! Well done !
Now i am watching the 2013 results...
The gap between 1st and 7th country is 2,52 points.
Here the gap between 1st and 2nd country is bigger !

Pawhlen

[MENTION=12855]Pawhlen[/MENTION] you have made perfect job ! Well done !
Now i am watching the 2013 results...
The gap between 1st and 7th country is 2,52 points.
Here the gap between 1st and 2nd country is bigger !

Thanks, I had nothing to do so I decided to calculate. I will do the jury results now during afternoon

GRE

Thanks, I had nothing to do so I decided to calculate. I will do the jury results now during afternoon

We have an interesting fact here.
Armenia won Sweden in televoting last year, by 3 points.
BUT in the average ranking system Armenia is 1,48 point lower than Sweden.
At the results EBU gave to publicity about 2013,
Denmark's gap with Ukraine is 0.69, with Azerbaijan is 0.89, with Greece is 1.03.
This means that these 4 countries were very close in televoting, and i suspect that Denmark maybe did not win it.
If it was a clear victory, why would EBU wouldn't give us the real results and not the average score of the countries ?

Top Bottom