Contact us

⫷ WV 138 DRAMMEN ∥ SEMIFINAL 1 ∥ RESULTS: 20:30 CET ⫸

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditya

I'm really sorry guys. I was stuck in one never-ending work call for the entire work day, and just got off work now. It's my fault anyway for not voting earlier. :(

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'm really sorry guys. I was stuck in one never-ending work call for the entire work day, and just got off work now. It's my fault anyway for not voting earlier. :(
deadline is CET so i think it's not over yet?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
deadline is CET so i think it's not over yet?

no we don't mess around with Daylight savings etc, never have at any point. It's always the same with cet. Whatever it is in Central Europe is the time.

theditz83

Veteran
no we don't mess around with Daylight savings etc, never have at any point. It's always the same with cet. Whatever it is in Central Europe is the time.
Remember all that chat a few years back about the government planning to scrap daylight savings - what happened to that? Screws me up every year. I mean, I love the extra hour when the clocks go back, but the lost hour in March is painful, especially cos it's over the weekend. Change the clocks midweek during a working day - I could get on board with that xup :lol:

Last edited:

Aditya

Change the clocks midweek during a working day - I could get on bored with that xup :lol:

Only if we don't have to fall back and work for an extra hour in the fall :lol:

Aditya

I know that I've been DQ'd now for not voting, but can I still vote in the final?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I know that I've been DQ'd now for not voting, but can I still vote in the final?

you have to vote in the final, otherwise you'll get another sanction. So please do. xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Remember all that chat a few years back about the government planning to scrap daylight savings - what happened to that? Screws me up every year. I mean, I love the extra hour when the clocks go back, but the lost hour in March is painful, especially cos it's over the weekend. Change the clocks midweek during a working day - I could get on bored with that xup :lol:

Yess they were gonna trial it for a few years iirc. It was Scottish MPs and your govt I think that created such hot ass drama over it that it got scrapped, but could be oversimplifying it. Tbh DST is such an unnecessary thing these days. I get why they did it in the past, but it's different now and it's just not needed.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah I vaguely remember something about farmers being up in arms about it, something about lambing and calving and harvest... That's probably utter nonsense, but in my head that was the reason for the drama :lol:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Remember all that chat a few years back about the government planning to scrap daylight savings - what happened to that?

The European Parliament voted to abandon daylight saving time back in 2019 but between Brexit and the pandemic, there were more pressing matters to be settled. Not to mention member states not agreeing on the actual new hour (some want the winter schedule). o_O

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Remember all that chat a few years back about the government planning to scrap daylight savings - what happened to that? Screws me up every year. I mean, I love the extra hour when the clocks go back, but the lost hour in March is painful, especially cos it's over the weekend. Change the clocks midweek during a working day - I could get on board with that xup :lol:
I personally suffer from jet lag effects since last Sunday, I even go to work late (instead of 8:00, I went at 8:50 on Monday and Tuesday, and 8:30 today - that's an improvement, and my supervisor today saw me when I arrived and told her "well sorry, I go with the winter hour"). And in the afternoon, I'm so confused that it's 19:00 and it still have daylight, I'm thinking it's 16:30 or something. My cat is the only lucky one with this situation, because his curfew now went from 18:00 to 19:00. xrofl

Fierro

ARE YOU READY FOR THE SHOW?

In this Semifinal we have 12 Regular Qualifiers and 1 REJU Qualifier
(mods please confirm)

Seok-jin

BTS Land and its representative - Jungkook are here. Good luck! xrose

a73cdd0885c292159506ecfd554568c8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom