Contact us

♛ WV WESTMINSTER 119 || GRAND FINAL || DDL: 15 FEB 20CET ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenizESC

Banned
R.I.P. Caroline Flack, I haven't heard much of this yet aside from you guys but I'm very sad.

@Ausesken I agree, especially 'justified' bullying seems to be a real thing nowadays and especially online, which basically is people finding flaws (it could be the tiniest things, most irelevant things) in others and use it to justify calling them names and mass hating on them. The scary part is the agressors don't seem to realize they're bullying at all...

We're all flawed.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I didn't know who Caroline Flack was, but I'm sad for those that mourn her tragic death. :(

Tabloids are the worst of the worst. The :svea: delegation will be boycotting all clickbait/sensationalist media henceforth, not granting interviews with or press conference access to any of them.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I didn't know who Caroline Flack was, but I'm sad for those that mourn her tragic death. :(

Tabloids are the worst of the worst. The :svea: delegation will be boycotting all clickbait/sensationalist media henceforth, not granting interviews with or press conference access to any of them.

The most hypocritical thing about it, is now, after months of tearing her down they're going to splashing across the front pages how tragic her death is. When they're the ones to blame. Here they seem particularly bad and It's shocking the damage they do to peoples lives, with what is sometimes complete lies.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
That's very sad to hear about Caroline. I first learned of it here from Ashley's post and it really shocked me. I had to mute whatever NF it was at the time I was following to try to take it in properly. I always thought she was a great presenter and loved her on X Factor back when I used to watch it donkey's years ago. The media sucks, as do the pressures and judgement that social media can pile onto people. What Caroline was going through was private business. She felt like there was no way out and I can understand that frame of mind when the whole country is judging you for something she may not have even done, and according to her boyfriend that was the case. We need to show more compassion and not be so quick to judge. So tragic.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Incredibly powerful piece from Laura Whitmore on Caroline and the role the media, internet trolls etc had.

"In a world where you can be anything, be kind"

Before tonights results and after, remember to be kind and thoughtful, you don't know how your words affect people.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Incredibly powerful piece from Laura Whitmore on Caroline and the role the media, internet trolls etc had.

"In a world where you can be anything, be kind"

Before tonights results and after, remember to be kind and thoughtful, you don't know how your words affect people.

You deserve a true compliment for your post, when we live a in a world where what you posted is forgotten too many times. Needless pain that many of us face throughout our lives unfortunately.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
You deserve a true compliment for your post, when we live a in a world where what you posted is forgotten too many times. Needless pain that many of us face throughout our lives unfortunately.

I think we all at times forget ourselves and say something we shouldn't, but the world would be a nicer place if we all were a little more thoughtful. A tragic event like this that was totally avoidable just puts it all into perspective and makes you reflect a little.

theditz83

Veteran
That video of Laura Whitmore's tribute was utterly devastating. Took me back to times long past when I have been too close to such anguish for friends and helplessness. My heart hurts, it really does. The world seems duller today for sure.

Looking forward to your results show despite this Ashley, and sending you big hugs xrunhug xheart

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I think we all at times forget ourselves and say something we shouldn't, but the world would be a nicer place if we all were a little more thoughtful. A tragic event like this that was totally avoidable just puts it all into perspective and makes you reflect a little.

True, And sometimes we know deep inside we would be better quiet and still we say some nonsense that we think is harmless and we completely forget it might be devastating for the person who had just had to listen to those words.
Other than that you completed what could be said about the matter.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Before we start, let us all remember and enjoy the hit song that
brought the contest back to London:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Welcome to Westminster, London for tonights results!

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

00.png

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
:sc: is here ready to cheer! :D Good luck to us all xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
To get the ball rolling we will start with the country who were last to submit their votes!

01.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
02.png

thank you Greece xbow

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
03.png

Lupus

Piece of Wonk